AUCTION

Gaelic_knight

another new Auction for the chosen few who can afford it is starting  

another wasted event  again like summer tokens, rukus,  odon, strike pass ect ect 

image.thumb.png.b1a5a37c9596468f94d047c8c6463f89.png

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 2

Totally legit amid a Tier 9 Ranked season...

I am not that affluent to spend that significant amount of real cash on a however balance-breaking ship, not to say the recent price increase.

• Haha 1

Woha.

A Musi for doubloons, presumably. WG must be gearing up for their yearly bonuses, lolz, because these bids are gonna be ridiculous. Like nothing we've seen before. (for the record not gonna bid a dime)

39 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

another new Auction for the chosen few who can afford it is starting  

another wasted event  again like summer tokens, rukus,  odon, strike pass ect ect 

image.thumb.png.b1a5a37c9596468f94d047c8c6463f89.png

I don't mind the Auctions.  Participation is voluntary.  
Would I like to welcome the Musashi to my Port?  Yes.
Do I have enough doubloons to do so?  Probably not. 
But, I don't lose sleep over it.  🙂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to bid all of my 3,650 dubs that I have in my wallet!  Do I want the Musashi in my port? Yes! Am I going to win? Not a chance!!!! LOL. In for the memes!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

I'm going to bid all of my 3,650 dubs that I have in my wallet!  Do I want the Musashi in my port? Yes! Am I going to win? Not a chance!!!! LOL. In for the memes!

There is always a minimum bid so if you don't have enough dubs for that, it won't let you bid. 

1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

There is always a minimum bid so if you don't have enough dubs for that, it won't let you bid. 

Yeah, I forgot about that. Well, no meme bid, then. 😞

Just grind Yamato and accept that you will not have access to Tier 7 to brutalize it the way Musashi does. 

I worked hard to get my Musashi in the last days before she went away. She's good, but not worth violating your wallet over.

Having Yamato plus the HSF permacamo for her pretty much ended my Musashi play; I barely use her any more.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Woha.

A Musi for doubloons, presumably. WG must be gearing up for their yearly bonuses, lolz, because these bids are gonna be ridiculous. Like nothing we've seen before. (for the record not gonna bid a dime)

Musashi was auctioned for doubloons last summer. She went for 40k doubloons, twice her starting bid of 20k doubloons, so that should give everyone a benchmark for how much she is likely to cost. When Belfast was auctioned last year she ultimately sold for a similar price (30k doubloons vs. a 15k starting bid).

How much additional “markup” we end up seeing in these events does vary quite a bit by the ship being offered, though. Both Nelson and Haida ended up going for significantly less than 2x the asking price.

• Like 1

Jun 2nd 2022 auction had 2900 Musashi and each one was 40k.  Number of winners will probably be much lower this round.

Oh, they play us (well, they played me) like a violin. I paid an ungodly amount (that I couldn't afford) to get the original Belfast on a previous auction. I was hesitant to buy it when it was available so I missed it and coveted it ever since. I played it about five times since I got it. It's way overhyped. Thank God I already have Musashi.

1 hour ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Oh, they play us (well, they played me) like a violin. I paid an ungodly amount (that I couldn't afford) to get the original Belfast on a previous auction. I was hesitant to buy it when it was available so I missed it and coveted it ever since. I played it about five times since I got it. It's way overhyped. Thank God I already have Musashi.

Welcome Capt_Oveur! Glad to see you here. 
Yeah, while I don't have the Musashi, I have had the same experience with other ships. Luckily, not too many.

Got her an aeon ago and played the crap out of her for a while, now I only really dust her off for snowflake events.

7 hours ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Good to see you Captian Oveur. Before you ask, I have a mirror, I have hung out at a gymnasium, and I do like movies about gladiators, but I have not been to a Turkish prison.

Honestly, the only thing that MIGHT be worth chasing for me (I have Musashi so I don't need to chase that auction, thank the Moon) would be the 50k coal I guess for credits...15 million credits minimum isn't too bad, but obviously I'd need to go higher than that 😛

On 8/30/2023 at 12:27 PM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

She's good, but not worth violating your wallet over.

Well, that's certainly ONE way of putting it. 😳

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Well, that's certainly ONE way of putting it. 😳

I wanted to put it more strongly, but Forum rules probably wouldn't allow it. 😈

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Sailor_Moon said:

Honestly, the only thing that MIGHT be worth chasing for me (I have Musashi so I don't need to chase that auction, thank the Moon) would be the 50k coal I guess for credits...15 million credits minimum isn't too bad, but obviously I'd need to go higher than that 😛

I went higher, 15,000,001 credits bid. I wish everybody would do the same.

• Like 1

I am somewhat interested in the RB but 200 K Coal is on the high side, after all it is just 1,5 M FreeXP give or take when I do a reset and do 2X more. Yes I know that some are lower but those are not in line for me just now.

On 8/30/2023 at 11:27 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Just grind Yamato and accept that you will not have access to Tier 7 to brutalize it the way Musashi does. 

I worked hard to get my Musashi in the last days before she went away. She's good, but not worth violating your wallet over.

Having Yamato plus the HSF permacamo for her pretty much ended my Musashi play; I barely use her any more.

Well said.  We have been asking our host for a long time for this ship's auction.....  But, as many have said above, it's not worth spending on - especially, 40K+ in real money.  There are collectors that will bid "whatever it takes" to own her.  I know a few that actually "buy everything the minute it is offered....."

What I was hoping for was a secondary currency - say in game credits with a starting value of say 1 billion.  Some of us have more than 2 billion to absurd amounts.....!

9 hours ago, Asym said:

What I was hoping for was a secondary currency - say in game credits with a starting value of say 1 billion.

I would venture to suggest that you will see icicles hanging off the Devil's proboscis before they sell a forbidden-list premium ship at auction for credits. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Gnirf said:

I am somewhat interested in the RB but 200 K Coal is on the high side, after all it is just 1,5 M FreeXP give or take when I do a reset and do 2X more. Yes I know that some are lower but those are not in line for me just now.

I bid the last time RB points were available. I won the auction but then realized that whatever ship I bought with those points, would be the most expensive resource ship I ever got... Don't remember how much coal I spent, want to say a half million, so when I went and bought the ship (I have already forgotten what I went with) it cost not only the RB points but the coal.... It felt pretty bad.