It's online 13.1

Efros

Just logged in and had a look around I doubt there's many players around though.

• Thanks 1

Cant wait to take my Venezia out this evening......

The serve maintainence started 1 hour early than last year, make sense it finish early

Edited by a252

I miss the regular "WHY CAN'T I LOG IN? WHY ARE THE SERVERS DOWN??!! @#$%^ WEEGEE!" posts. 🤣

• Haha 4

For EU/ASIA... I guess it will be tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

For EU/ASIA... I guess it will be tomorrow.

For EU tomorrow.

• Like 2

Could someone check Sub Hydrophone action times and post if they have been reduced?  The DevPost mentioned it in an offhand way but there was no other mention of it there or in the post they cited as an announcement of such.  I'm at work and can't check to see if this was a stealth nerf they put in or some kind of article mistake.

For reference, I believe all Sub Hydrophone consumables had a 30 second action time.

Edited by Jakob Knight

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Could someone check Sub Hydrophone action times and post if they have been reduced?  The DevPost mentioned it in an offhand way but there was no other mention of it there or in the post they cited as an announcement of such.  I'm at work and can't check to see if this was a stealth nerf they put in or some kind of article mistake.

For reference, I believe all Sub Hydrophone consumables had a 30 second action time.

20 s on the IJN lines, with 114/120 cooldown Zao/Yodo.

27 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

20 s on the IJN lines, with 114/120 cooldown Zao/Yodo.

That would be the Submarine Surveillance consumables added to the three or four Cruisers lines, I believe? However, in the Dev Blog where the changes were detailed, they also noted that Subs would now be able to get depictions of the underwater terrain without using their Hydrophone consumables.  It was put forth this was due to 'the hydrophone action time being drastically reduced as part of the changes announced...' .

I was simply looking for any indication the Hydrophone on Submarines had been stealth nerfed in its action time.

Edited by Jakob Knight

37 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I was simply looking for any indication the Hydrophone on Submarines had been stealth nerfed in its action time.

I see. Well me no gusto suckmarines, but since Wedgie insisted to me to have one Salmon: 6 s base. 

Edited by Andrewbassg

34 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I see. Well me no gusto suckmarines, but since Wedgie insisted to me to have one Salmon: 6 s base. 

Ugh.  I'll confirm when I get home, but sounds like they tried to sneak one past us and slipped up by not telling the guy writing the Blog Post.

6 seconds from 30 is indeed a huge nerf, and makes the consumable very situational given that you have to already be facing the direction of a contact to see it before the consumable expires.

29 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Ugh.  I'll confirm when I get home, but sounds like they tried to sneak one past us and slipped up by not telling the guy writing the Blog Post.

Well....I looked it up now on multiple lines and..... seems 6 s across the board.

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Cant wait to take my Venezia out this evening......

It's fun hunting subs, lol. Sank one my first game. The agility of the Venezia really aids in sub hunting. There wasn't any subs the second game I played.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

It's fun hunting subs, lol. Sank one my first game. The agility of the Venezia really aids in sub hunting. There wasn't any subs the second game I played.

It is a new game for those who want to play Subs and who want to hunt them.  As before, the good players will learn and adapt new ways to play within the new situation, and those who can't or won't will move on to something else.

42 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well....I looked it up now on multiple lines and..... seems 6 s across the board.

Seems like they want it to be a 'flashcube radar' and not able to be used to target ships or Subs with.  That's going to change how a lot of players work their Subs, I think, and be one more incentive for the Subs to be scavengers instead of hunter scouts.

Edit:  also, no mention of the Dynamic Torpedo change, so I'll have to see if that got stealthed in or not 

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

It is a new game for those who want to play Subs and who want to hunt them.  As before, the good players will learn and adapt new ways to play within the new situation, and those who can't or won't will move on to something else.

Btw....

He is not wrong, tho.....

7 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Btw....

He is not wrong, tho.....

Hey.  I'm looking forwards to dusting off my Zao.  And who would have thunk the Ibuki would have something attractive to it?

• Like 1

OK...I can confirm that they massively nerfed Sub Hydrophone to an instant use/expire consumable (active time is about 1 second or so) that only gives one detection burst before going onto cooldown.  However, I have also confirmed Dynamic Torpedoes were not implemented.  My close-in torpedoes were doing full damage, so don't expect to be immune inside 3 km.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1