Jump to content

It's online 13.1


Efros

Recommended Posts

Could someone check Sub Hydrophone action times and post if they have been reduced?  The DevPost mentioned it in an offhand way but there was no other mention of it there or in the post they cited as an announcement of such.  I'm at work and can't check to see if this was a stealth nerf they put in or some kind of article mistake.

 

For reference, I believe all Sub Hydrophone consumables had a 30 second action time.

 

 

Edited by Jakob Knight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Could someone check Sub Hydrophone action times and post if they have been reduced?  The DevPost mentioned it in an offhand way but there was no other mention of it there or in the post they cited as an announcement of such.  I'm at work and can't check to see if this was a stealth nerf they put in or some kind of article mistake.

 

For reference, I believe all Sub Hydrophone consumables had a 30 second action time.

 

 

 20 s on the IJN lines, with 114/120 cooldown Zao/Yodo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

 20 s on the IJN lines, with 114/120 cooldown Zao/Yodo.

 

That would be the Submarine Surveillance consumables added to the three or four Cruisers lines, I believe? However, in the Dev Blog where the changes were detailed, they also noted that Subs would now be able to get depictions of the underwater terrain without using their Hydrophone consumables.  It was put forth this was due to 'the hydrophone action time being drastically reduced as part of the changes announced...' .

 

I was simply looking for any indication the Hydrophone on Submarines had been stealth nerfed in its action time.

 

 

Edited by Jakob Knight
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I was simply looking for any indication the Hydrophone on Submarines had been stealth nerfed in its action time.

 

I see. Well me no gusto suckmarines, but since Wedgie insisted to me to have one Salmon: 6 s base. 

Edited by Andrewbassg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I see. Well me no gusto suckmarines, but since Wedgie insisted to me to have one Salmon: 6 s base. 

 

Ugh.  I'll confirm when I get home, but sounds like they tried to sneak one past us and slipped up by not telling the guy writing the Blog Post.

 

6 seconds from 30 is indeed a huge nerf, and makes the consumable very situational given that you have to already be facing the direction of a contact to see it before the consumable expires.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Ugh.  I'll confirm when I get home, but sounds like they tried to sneak one past us and slipped up by not telling the guy writing the Blog Post.

 

Well....I looked it up now on multiple lines and..... seems 6 s across the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Cant wait to take my Venezia out this evening......

It's fun hunting subs, lol. Sank one my first game. The agility of the Venezia really aids in sub hunting. There wasn't any subs the second game I played.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

It's fun hunting subs, lol. Sank one my first game. The agility of the Venezia really aids in sub hunting. There wasn't any subs the second game I played.

It is a new game for those who want to play Subs and who want to hunt them.  As before, the good players will learn and adapt new ways to play within the new situation, and those who can't or won't will move on to something else.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well....I looked it up now on multiple lines and..... seems 6 s across the board.

 

Seems like they want it to be a 'flashcube radar' and not able to be used to target ships or Subs with.  That's going to change how a lot of players work their Subs, I think, and be one more incentive for the Subs to be scavengers instead of hunter scouts.

Edit:  also, no mention of the Dynamic Torpedo change, so I'll have to see if that got stealthed in or not 

 

 

 

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

It is a new game for those who want to play Subs and who want to hunt them.  As before, the good players will learn and adapt new ways to play within the new situation, and those who can't or won't will move on to something else.

 

Btw....

 

 

He is not wrong, tho.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Btw....

 

 

He is not wrong, tho.....

 

Hey.  I'm looking forwards to dusting off my Zao.  And who would have thunk the Ibuki would have something attractive to it?

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK...I can confirm that they massively nerfed Sub Hydrophone to an instant use/expire consumable (active time is about 1 second or so) that only gives one detection burst before going onto cooldown.  However, I have also confirmed Dynamic Torpedoes were not implemented.  My close-in torpedoes were doing full damage, so don't expect to be immune inside 3 km.

 

 

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.