[From Reddit - apparently via WG Twitter] WoWs v13.1 "Battle Pass rewards"...

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Seems like the premium BP is getting worse every other update. Sure the Dawn Harmony camos are nice looking, a T8 bonus is 3k dubs as well and the Rong brothers aren't bad captains for Pan Asian ships, but one is 1500 dubs and the other 35k coal, half the likely cost of the BP. Also expect credit compensation for Rahmat and Hisenyang

• Like 2

Gods, I hope those silver ships are placeholders...!

On the positive side, a third Rong brother would come in handy.

Just now, Verblonde said:

Gods, I hope those silver ships are placeholders...!

On the positive side, a third Rong brother would come in handy.

I don't even know if you can have duplicates of those captains because once you have one you can't buy another one. Same thing happened with Theodore Chandler this patch as a 6pt of him was in the BP, but upon getting that you couldn't obtain the 10pt Chandler.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I've already welcomed the Rahmat to my Port, via the previous Pan-Asian Cruisers event.
While I don't expect to pay doubloons for this battle-pass, I'm glad others may find it useful to get the ships they might not have (yet).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unappealing to say the least, old tech tree ships, even more worthless than early access ships, i mean really that is all, you expect us to pay for that? Where is the steel, the research points. WG is continuing the downward trend of the Battlepass.

• Like 6

Hmm.... the cap is of the coal variety.... otherwise, it would have been.... mildly interesting...

45 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

I don't even know if you can have duplicates of those captains because once you have one you can't buy another one.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right in this case, and we just *know* if you can't acquire a duplicate, the compensation will be silver.

It's curious that Lunar New Year appears to have very little for the old lags in it (so far anyway), or perhaps it isn't given WG's apparent lack of staff lately?

No whinging from me; I'm sure I can find alternative things to spend the relevant month's 'stupid spend' budget on.

• Like 1

I have no comment regarding of free battlepass as "free is free", what can I expect.

However the premium battlepass is bad, WG could make it better by giving some mid tier premium like Huanghe or Anshan instead, but I guess WG doesn't want to offer dub compensation for duplicate boat.

Those resources (especially premium pass) may be more worthwhile for newer players who havn't get that far, but for veteran player it worth less than the marked price. I guess the content designers are new to the game or they deliberately market the BP to the newer player?

Edited by a252
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

half the likely cost of the BP.

The latest BP was 3000 dubs.

The paid-track prizes as advertised here have a theoretical value of:

2900 dubs for T8 econ bonus

Each permaskin worth between 100 and 200 dubs based on tier, more than that if you already have one (e.g. a standard) on the ship in question. 

1500 dubs for 10pt captain with enhanced capability

Let's wait until we see the actual cost of the battle pass before we open our mouths about the cost-benefit ratio, shall we? If it's 3000 or less, it's automatically a break-even proposition. For someone who doesn't have a Rong captain, the break-even price is ~4500. Hold your fire until you see the dollar signs in their eyes.

1 hour ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

old tech tree ships, even more worthless than early access ships

Not if you're a new player, or one who hasn't started on the Pan-Asian lines yet.

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Hmm.... the cap is of the coal variety.... otherwise, it would have been.... mildly interesting...

There are two of them, with identical skills. One is for coal, the other is for dubs. Two captains, two tech tree lines; you do the math.

This is a Lunar New Year event, therefore it's rightly focused around Asia, and making Pan-Asian ships and captains the centrepiece of the Battle Pass makes perfect sense. 

25 minutes ago, a252 said:

I guess the content designers are new to the game or they deliberately market the BP to the newer player?

Us veteran players already have so much. Shouldn't we feel good about newer players being the focus of these events? Is selflessness a dying art in this place?

I think some people here could do with a new perspective.

• Haha 2
  • Bored 1

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

There are two of them, with identical skills. One is for coal, the other is for dubs. Two captains, two tech tree lines; you do the math.

If you meant in the armory, then  yes. However, a) there is only one in the BP and b) his portrait corresponds to the coal priced one. i mean...

Commander.png

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This is a Lunar New Year event, therefore it's rightly focused around Asia, and making Pan-Asian ships and captains the centrepiece of the Battle Pass makes perfect sense. 

Yeah, GG Weegee 🙂 

26 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Each permaskin worth between 100 and 200 dubs based on tier, more than that if you already have one (e.g. a standard) on the ship in question. 

Let's wait until we see the actual cost of the battle pass before we open our mouths about the cost-benefit ratio, shall we? If it's 3000 or less, it's automatically a break-even proposition. For someone who doesn't have a Rong captain, the break-even price is ~4500. Hold your fire until you see the dollar signs in their eyes.

Not if you're a new player, or one who hasn't started on the Pan-Asian lines yet.

Us veteran players already have so much. Shouldn't we feel good about newer players being the focus of these events? Is selflessness a dying art in this place?

Price does not equal value in this context. The opening value assessments you make are irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Price does not equal value in this context.

Why not?

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Why not?

There is no actual market.

None of us can sell anything in World of Warships to each other.

There is no way for prices to become elastic to customer value.

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

There is no actual market.

None of us can sell anything in World of Warships to each other.

There is no way for prices to become elastic to customer value.

This isn't an open market and prices will never be elastic. The prices are what they are. Deal with it.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This isn't an open market and prices will never be elastic. The prices are what they are. Deal with it.

I am dealing with it...by pointing out that price does not equal value in this kind of market.

It is factually wrong to claim that items are WORTH their price. Only the customer can tell you that...and the valuation won't be uniform....BECAUSE the price has no elasticity here.

• Like 6

10x Premium Lunar containers is probably a mistake. Doesn't they have 10% chance for a premium ship?

Other that it a much better pass than current one! Instant buy even if its more expensive in doubloons than usual.

35k coal commander which I'm missing, nice rare permacamos for Pan-Asia CL line and T8 permabonus. Awesome!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

it is hardly worth defending them anyone they are just screwing over the veteran playerbase it is all about money money

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

10x Premium Lunar containers is probably a mistake. Doesn't they have 10% chance for a premium ship?

Other that it a much better pass than current one! Instant buy even if its more expensive in doubloons than usual.

35k coal commander which I'm missing, nice rare permacamos for Pan-Asia CL line and T8 permabonus. Awesome!

See...THIS is the way to disagree with the sentiment that the battle pass is disappointing...

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

it is hardly worth defending them anyone they are just screwing over the veteran playerbase it is all about money money

there are things for veteran playerbase, Kitakami

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm in I'm almost always in I have extra doubloons but I understand some people not doing it. For me I try to grab whatever I can afford and I like the battle pass. However it seems like some of the same people poo poo all the events dockyard, battle pass, early release so you got to do your own home work. Because sometimes there right and sometimes there wrong it depends on your needs and means.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

they are just screwing over the veteran playerbase

What do you expect from them, then? What's your perfect battle pass? And how hard do you want to grind for it? How hard do you think OTHERS should have to grind for it?

Because right now what I'm seeing is a battle pass that for all its "reduced" value is much easier for the casual or newer player to get, to say nothing of people who end up on a string of derp teams and don't get any "winning BXP" (which you absolutely needed under the previous system). Why should WG not serve that market? Why should they NOT make it fairer for people who can't drag their teams to win for love or money?

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

What do you expect from them, then? What's your perfect battle pass? And how hard do you want to grind for it? How hard do you think OTHERS should have to grind for it?

Because right now what I'm seeing is a battle pass that for all its "reduced" value is much easier for the casual or newer player to get, to say nothing of people who end up on a string of derp teams and don't get any "winning BXP" (which you absolutely needed under the previous system). Why should WG not serve that market? Why should they NOT make it fairer for people who can't drag their teams to win for love or money?

It doesn't seem like that much work involved to give players a choice of rewards, "this" for a new player or "that" for the veteran.  It might at least help with the squabbling we do every month concerning the BP rewards.

51 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

It doesn't seem like that much work involved to give players a choice of rewards, "this" for a new player or "that" for the veteran. 

"Stuff for me but not for thee." Like that isn't going to cause trouble.