Those cheatin' bots...

Arcus_Aesopi

So I thought you couldn't get dev struck from 100%...  I guess one can.   He hit the front gun and bow... with 6 AP citadels?  I only get to overpen but these guys...

Cheatingoneshotbot.thumb.png.2745b8a307f1d76eede5de1e4775aa16.png

• Haha 1

You can definitely get Dev Struck from 100% hitpoints. It's detonations that require you to first be on 75% or less health.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

He hit the front gun and bow... with 6 AP citadels?  I only get to overpen but these guys...

If he shot you fore-to-aft, the shells would have had more than enough time to arm and go off in your citadel. I gutted a Smolensk like that with my Thunderer once; put a couple of AP shells through his bow and blew his citadel out. If he'd hit you broadside, you might have survived with overpens. I say might because I don't know what the Lauria's fuze timing is like. If it's short like RN cruiser AP, you'd have been screwed any way.

• Like 2

Definitely from the side… I was fearfully peaking… 

12 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

If he shot you fore-to-aft, the shells would have had more than enough time to arm and go off in your citadel. I gutted a Smolensk like that with my Thunderer once; put a couple of AP shells through his bow and blew his citadel out. If he'd hit you broadside, you might have survived with overpens. I say might because I don't know what the Lauria's fuze timing is like. If it's short like RN cruiser AP, you'd have been screwed any way.

the screwing was complete 🙂 

16 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

You can definitely get Dev Struck from 100% hitpoints. It's detonations that require you to first be on 75% or less health.

Thanks… hadn’t realized that distinction.

it was a shock!

1 minute ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

it was a shock!

Dev Strikes are definitely "oof" moments, especially for cruisers. You are merrily sailing around in a full-health cruiser and then suddenly it's "gg" for you. That's why I tend to play battleships more than cruisers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Dev Strikes are definitely "oof" moments, especially for cruisers. You are merrily sailing around in a full-health cruiser and then suddenly it's "gg" for you. That's why I tend to play battleships more than cruisers.

Lol, yes. It typically stuns me so it takes me a couple of seconds to realize it's game over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Running along full speed to position behind an island, nobody spotting anyone else. 100% empty minimap. Suddenly [spotted] pops up followed by [6] and then 3 seconds later as you desperately try to change course [BOOM] heaadddsshhooottttttt!!!!!!!

Also, start of match, red team Alsace is spotted by CV, so target Alsace and fire all 6 Musashi 460mm guns. [First Blood] [Devstrike] 4 Citadel ribbons 6 hit ribbons. Red teams Donskoi rapidly sinks below the waves. None of my shells aimed at Alsace hit said Alsace. 100% unspotted Donskoi on the other hand. 🤣 I live for those moments.