What ship is best suited for Jerzy Swirski?

Justin_Simpleton

I got Jerzy Swirski, a seasoned commander, and thought to put him on the Ragnar but that doesn't seem to make sense since Ragnar doesn't have torpedos and that's one of his talents.

Is there a ship where his talents really shine?

well, the combo of adv. AR and the torp skill gives u the answer? basically any other dd but the ragnar, the more torp based the better. which leads to jäger, but yeah... u get the skills u lose the dmg. there's barely dd's in that nation with good dmg on the torps, that's how it is.

best bets i guess: halland (guns, torps, AA) and blyska (torps)

Edited by MrWastee
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I got Jerzy Swirski, a seasoned commander, and thought to put him on the Ragnar but that doesn't seem to make sense since Ragnar doesn't have torpedos and that's one of his talents.

Given when he came out in relation to the tech tree, the obvious answer would seem to be Halland. Jager if you have her.

6 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

there's barely dd's in that nation with good dmg on the torps, that's how it is.

I always thought the intention for that line was dense swarms of almost unavoidable (because they're so fast) torpedoes with repeated stacking of floods. Stacking fires is a bit more difficult since you don't have smoke and you have to use terrain if you don't want to be seen while shooting.

• Like 1

Swirski fits like a glove on a DD with torps.  

Torpedo Armament Expert, AA Gun Expert, Adrenaline Rush - PERFECT!

• Like 2

Seems like Halland with be his final assignment.  I'm going to put him on the Oland and grind him there while I figure out how to play in tier X battles with these kinds of DDs.

Jager is now on my wish list.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

[...]

Jager is now on my wish list.

it was on mine and now is in my port. i like it a lot, BUT.... and that really is a big one, it's very situational! even while hitting quite some u can get out without any real impact or dmg. no word bout "no smoke", total ninja gaming. only plus u got, besides concealment, is the reload and speed of ur wooden-torps ^^.

nice toy to have, really not a must-have.

• Like 3

On 2/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Justin_Simpleton said:

Halland and Jäger with all those torp buffs.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:19 AM, Justin_Simpleton said:

AR makes him great on Smaland and Ragnar, but that means you are able to base him on a tech tree ship and still use him on the premiums. The torp perk and AR makes him good on Halland, but Halland doesnt have the game influence of Gdansk; Halland is in the bottom third of Tier X destroyers.

• Like 1

Halland for Tech Tree, Smaland for premiums/specials.

Poor fit for the Ragnar, Friesland and Gdansk.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Justin_Simpleton said:

With all the torp skills and adrenaline rush, tou can get a lot of torp buffs with Swerski on Halland (and also Jäger, that is on my wish list right now).

• Thanks 1

Halland is where I have him. AR and Torp expert can be quite useful on KXIVJ also, quite nice in Halloween mode + asymmetric.

But always place him on a tech tree. If there is a miracle and a duplicate captain with Swedish name is introduced I will ofc put Swirski on Gdansk. 

But I doubt that will happen. I would pay for such a Swedish duplicate captain with real money even.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

He's technically assigned to my Halland but the build is still clan battles Smaland. 

Just because you don't have smoke though you should not ignore the guns if you have an opportunity to stack fires on top of floods. You have dd manueverabilty and heals. 

• Like 1

So far, Jerzy is underperforming on the Oland.  He seems to be unable to counter double CVs, double smoke DDs, and weak flank operations.  Torps are netting about 7K dmg.  I sure the problem lies with WG.

• Like 1

AA works on most Euro ships, torps work best on Halland/Jager, and the improved AR makes him work on gunboats. I have him currently on Gdansk with a build that works for her and Smaland/Ragnar.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

So far, Jerzy is underperforming on the Oland.  He seems to be unable to counter double CVs, double smoke DDs, and weak flank operations.  Torps are netting about 7K dmg.  I sure the problem lies with WG.

That is a problem in any DD. Öland is the DD where things are getting better though. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

The Oland is where the OG EU DD Lines gimmicks finally start to come together but it's not until the Ostergotland that they really start to click and then you get to the Halland which has murderous AA for a DD and fast torpedoes with long range and good reload; downside is the damage sucks but you can launch enough that sheer volume makes up for it.

It looks like Jerzy Swirski is well suited for Karl XIV Johan, the tier IX European battleship, because it has rapid firing torpedos.