Hololive collaboration returns for the last time.

Ensign Cthulhu

I wonder what makes this the last time...

...and whether it's actually true...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You would have to ask Hololive about that. It's their IP and they ultimately call the shots.

• Bored 1

37 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You would have to ask Hololive about that. It's their IP and they ultimately call the shots.

Indeed.

Hence my curiosity 😉.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Last chance to stock up on some weeb: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/hololive-production-farewell-sale/ 

image.thumb.png.e09a041d8d301a58b59080f376cfa11c.png

Do stay away from spending doubloons on expendables, though. Not advisable. 

There's a mission available to earn one Commander (from a choice of two) for "free", as well.  🙂 

ONE COMMANDER FOR FREE!

How else can you obtain hololive production content? Play and complete combat missions! A special combat mission chain is waiting for you! Complete it to receive themed camouflages, and, most importantly—one of the following Commanders to choose between: Shirakami Fubuki or Moona Hoshinova.

Starts: Feb 2, 01:00 AM PT (UTC-8) / your local time: Feb 2, 04:00 AM

Ends: Feb 16, 01:00 AM PT (UTC-8) / your local time: Feb 16, 04:00 AM

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/hololive-production-farewell-sale/

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/hololive-production-farewell-sale/

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I wouldn’t read too much into it. Per the article (emphasis mine): 

“You won't find any World of Warships packs that hold these marvelous Commanders in the foreseeable future, so don't miss your chance now!”

All this means is that the current collaboration is scheduled to end. Nothing is stated that rules out another stage of the collaboration in the future. I wouldn’t read anything more into this than standard FOMO marketing tactics, with WG looking to extract the last bit of cash before they would be required to renegotiate terms.

However, this very well might be the last collaboration, and it should be noted that this latest round of Hololive content was delayed by over a year: the datamined content was leaked in spring 2022, but didn’t show up for more than a year (no points for guessing why), leading many to suspect it had gone the way of the Hotwheels collaboration.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

Sad news. I was still hoping that one day we would get Usada Pekora and Gawr Gura as Commanders. :classic_sad:

• Like 1

What nation are those for ? I could only find the information about the "free" ones. Neither in the article nor in the Armory can I see the nation of the commanders ...

5 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

What nation are those for ? I could only find the information about the "free" ones. Neither in the article nor in the Armory can I see the nation of the commanders ...

Takanashi Kiara is for German ships, Moona Hoshinova for Pan Asian ships, Amelia Watson for American ships, Houshou Marine, Shishiro Botan and Shirakami Fubuki for Japanese ships.

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mashed68 said:

I don't understand why anyone would want these....

They are not on my wishlist either...

...but I'm not everyone, so I just don't buy what I don't want.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Sad news. I was still hoping that one day we would get Usada Pekora and Gawr Gura as Commanders. :classic_sad:

Contract ending doesn't mean both Wargaming and Cover can't negotiate another at a later date. I wouldn't be shocked if we see both Gura and Mori in the future.

• Like 2

Have always thought vTubers & the Hololive characters were a bit silly and only the Waifu pillow crowd could only enjoy them. Really had no interest in them, would roll my eyes whenever I would see them or see these collaborations. Found their exaggerated prepubescent voices quite irritating more often than not.

Then I happened upon some Hololive-EN streams on YouTube playing Palworld the other day, and they are absolutely hilarious, lol. Had me laughing my butt off.

Then I watched a stream tonight of four Hololive-EN characters group playing Lethal Company and have to say I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Guess that old adage applies here... Never judge a book by the cover.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 6:59 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

so I just don't buy what I don't want.

Much like me, really. 

20 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Have always thought vTubers & the Hololive characters were a bit silly and only the Waifu pillow crowd could only enjoy them... Then I happened upon some Hololive-EN streams on YouTube playing Palworld the other day...

"Just completely by accident, I happened upon that thing which I swore only weird people could possibly enjoy and I found that I enjoyed it..." 🤣

Saw a video of Flamu making a Whiskey Tango Alpha Foxtrot face at some noises Houshou Marine was making and now wondering if I shouldn't throw some dubs at it... 😈

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Much like me, really. 

"Just completely by accident, I happened upon that thing which I swore only weird people could possibly enjoy and I found that I enjoyed it..." 🤣

Saw a video of Flamu making a Whiskey Tango Alpha Foxtrot face at some noises Houshou Marine was making and now wondering if I shouldn't throw some dubs at it... 😈

She's worth the doubloons, in my opinion.

During the first Hololive collaboration, I liked them so much, that I bought another set, to have "twins" of Fubuki Shirakami and Houshou Marine.  🙂 

Edited to add:
【original animation MV】マリン出航!!【hololive/宝鐘マリン】

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I didn't say I found them by accident. I said I happened upon them. Was checking out Palworld streamers since it seems to be a bit controversial and the so called "IT" game at the moment, the Hololive channels had the most viewers, so I went in to see. So no, wasn't by accident, was a conscious choice. 😉

39 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Just completed my collection:

20240202195331_1.jpg

20240202195243_1.jpg

👍

4 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

LOL. I was having a bit of fun with you, but the fact remains - you went looking for Palworld and by virtue of the viewer numbers stumbled into Hololive. If some other streamer had had better numbers, you would have gone there instead.

You did not specifically go looking for a Hololive stream. So it was happenstance. Fate - destiny - the will of Weeb - guided you. 😋

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

As a reward for completing a Hololive collaboration event mission, I welcomed Commander Moona Hoshinova (the 2nd.) (6 skill points) to my Port.

https://hololive.hololivepro.com/en/talents/moona-hoshinova/

I have just the credits part of the mission to go. Shouldn't be hard. Would have got it done today already, but there were some handyman jobs that needed doing and kids to be run to and from activities. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1