Jump to content

13.1: Expecting 4 New Ships


o4x4

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Monday should have more info.

Jupiter’42 and Minegumo have already been revealed to be included in the new Java Sea containers. The big question is whether there will be any other way to obtain them next patch.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/505

It’s very odd that WG waited so long to announce how Sicilia will be available (in the past we typically would be informed at least a patch in advance). This makes me suspect it will be either offered initially only in a limited time event, or the devs didn’t want players to save their resources and not spend their coal/RP/steel in the Kitakami event. She’s unlikely to be offered for steel since there is already a tier X Italian steel battleship, and since tier IX Marco Polo is available for coal my guess is she will be a Research Bureau ship.

Edited by Nevermore135
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

So the Sicilia is a Colombo with faster reload and HE instead of SAP? 

She also has an American 127mm DP secondary battery in addition to 152mm Italian guns that fire SAP shells. In many ways she’s a tier X version of tier IX G. Verdi.

Edited by Nevermore135
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

She also has an American 127mm DP secondary battery in addition to 152mm Italian guns that fire SAP shells. In many ways she’s a tier X version of tier IX G. Verdi.

Sounds a lot stronger then the colombo to be honest. Certainly different, I like it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will hold my breath on how good they are. I am not sure we need more stealthy DD in the game. To many, BB are hiding in the back, as it is over those. 

Edited by USMC2145
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I will hold my breath on how good they are. I am not sure we need more stealthy DD in the game. To many, BB are hiding in the back, as it is over those. 

As a BB main I can tell you that stealthy DD's are almost never holding me back. 

Subs and CV's on the other hand... especially subs when trying to push. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 4:06 PM, Nevermore135 said:

Jupiter’42 and Minegumo have already been revealed to be included in the new Java Sea containers. The big question is whether there will be any other way to obtain them next patch.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/505

It’s very odd that WG waited so long to announce how Sicilia will be available (in the past we typically would be informed at least a patch in advance). This makes me suspect it will be either offered initially only in a limited time event, or the devs didn’t want players to save their resources and not spend their coal/RP/steel in the Kitakami event. She’s unlikely to be offered for steel since there is already a tier X Italian steel battleship, and since tier IX Marco Polo is available for coal my guess is she will be a Research Bureau ship.

Java Sea containers and we still have no USS Houston. It's a travesty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2024 at 10:42 AM, mashed68 said:

As a BB main I can tell you that stealthy DD's are almost never holding me back. 

Subs and CV's on the other hand... especially subs when trying to push. 

Well, before Subs and the CV rework many players blamed DD and their torp soup for staying back. CV and Subs were just added to the issue. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Well, before Subs and the CV rework many players blamed DD and their torp soup for staying back. CV and Subs were just added to the issue. 

it just depends on one thing, do you have your own dd at front of you to spot incoming torps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2024 at 6:36 PM, Nevermore135 said:

This makes me suspect it will be either offered initially only in a limited time event, or the devs didn’t want players to save their resources and not spend their coal/RP/steel in the Kitakami event. She’s unlikely to be offered for steel since there is already a tier X Italian steel battleship, and since tier IX Marco Polo is available for coal my guess is she will be a Research Bureau ship.

Potato Quality confirmed that this morning. Video came out an hour ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIU9ItpDs10

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Has WG confirmed for what resource Sicilia will be available? I couldn't find anything. They did the same with Rhode Island and when they finally did. it was an unpleasant surprise.

Nope but if the Rhoad Island tauht us anything its this - when the resource is not known in advance its dubs or cash...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My acquisition of the Colbert just got deferred again. Probably a good thing, as I already have Smolensk, and Colbert was going to be a "Well, she's there and I have the points; might as well get her" sort of purchase. It was either that or Gibraltar, since I'm not interested in any of the ships with an S in their names (Slava, Sevastopol, Siegfried, Speijk) and I already have Vamp 2, Paolo, Druid, Illinois, Hector and Ohio.

(Come to think of it, that's a lot of RB ships for a guy who mostly plays co-op and doesn't go out of his way to power-grind FXP any more...)

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My acquisition of the Colbert just got deferred again. Probably a good thing, as I already have Smolensk, and Colbert was going to be a "Well, she's there and I have the points; might as well get her" sort of purchase. It was either that or Gibraltar, since I'm not interested in any of the ships with an S in their names (Slava, Sevastopol, Siegfried, Speijk) and I already have Vamp 2, Paolo, Druid, Illinois, Hector and Ohio.

(Come to think of it, that's a lot of RB ships for a guy who mostly plays co-op and doesn't go out of his way to power-grind FXP any more...)

At one point you should really get her, she's worth it. I decided to not get Austin because i have Smolensk and Colbert and without the relaod booster active she seems a lot weaker than those two. But Colbert is worth it, even if you have Smolensk. Btw. you have the Druid, how is she in Coop? Aren't all the bow in bots a problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Btw. you have the Druid, how is she in Coop?

I got Druid for the weirdness and haven't had a chance to deploy her much. It was a VERY close call vs. Colbert, could easily have gone the other way, and I'm not absolutely sure I made the right call on which to get first. Had I known Sicilia was coming, I'd have left Druid alone. 

The bots aren't always nose-in, but when they are, their superstructures are vulnerable because of the Druid's short fuze timers. If you can get a light cruiser broadside, she is absolute f#$%^&* murder. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I got Druid for the weirdness and haven't had a chance to deploy her much. It was a VERY close call vs. Colbert, could easily have gone the other way, and I'm not absolutely sure I made the right call on which to get first. Had I known Sicilia was coming, I'd have left Druid alone. 

The bots aren't always nose-in, but when they are, their superstructures are vulnerable because of the Druid's short fuze timers. If you can get a light cruiser broadside, she is absolute f#$%^&* murder. 

Thank you for the answer, i'm tempted by Druid for the longest time, but figured she would do poorly in Coop because of all the bow in bots and i already have Sherman, which is kinda similar. Now that Sicilia is coming, Druid willl have to wait again i guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

i'm tempted by Druid for the longest time, but figured she would do poorly in Coop because of all the bow in bots and i already have Sherman, which is kinda similar.

FWIW I'm in (worryingly?) close agreement with EC on this. I got Druid more or less because I could, with little expectation of getting much use from her; to be fair, I don't play her often, but I'm almost always pleasantly surprised at the havoc you can produce with her guns if you get into the right position against bots in Coop...

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2024 at 12:45 AM, USMC2145 said:

I will hold my breath on how good they are. I am not sure we need more stealthy DD in the game. To many, BB are hiding in the back, as it is over those. 

DDs is countered by....

  • other DDs
  • other DDs with hydro
  • other DDs with radar
  • CVs
  • cruisers w radar
  • cruisers w hydro 
  • etc etc etc etc

I think you are meaning CVs, Super CVs and Subs.

On 2/2/2024 at 4:42 PM, mashed68 said:

As a BB main I can tell you that stealthy DD's are almost never holding me back. 

Subs and CV's on the other hand... especially subs when trying to push. 

This!

23 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

Well, before Subs and the CV rework many players blamed DD and their torp soup for staying back. CV and Subs were just added to the issue. 

And before that they had another reason for staying back. BB players has always played extremely careful sitting on the J-line. They really dont need a reason to let their team tank for them while they blast of 30 K salvos from across the map.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

DDs is countered by....

  • other DDs
  • other DDs with hydro
  • other DDs with radar
  • CVs
  • cruisers w radar
  • cruisers w hydro 
  • etc etc etc etc

I think you are meaning CVs, Super CVs and Subs.

This!

And before that they had another reason for staying back. BB players has always played extremely careful sitting on the J-line. They really dont need a reason to let their team tank for them while they blast of 30 K salvos from across the map.

You are correct I should have said the game does not need more stealthy torps. It is not that torps are OP it is just a very large part of the player base has no idea how to deal with them. So they hide in the back of the map over that and a bunch of other reasons. 

Edited by USMC2145
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, USMC2145 said:

You are correct I should have said the game does not need more stealthy torps. It is not that torps are OP it is just a very large part of the player base has no idea how to deal with them. So they hide in the back of the map over that and a bunch of other reasons. 

The main issue with subs is not so much torps coming from unexpected direction (that can happen with dds as well) its torps that are largely immune to usual countermeasures (changing course) due to the ridiculous homing mechanism and the fact the thing that launched them has the oprtion to go underectable via key press, if a sub is willing to forgoe constant spaming and actually disengages after an attack its very hard to run her down and more and more people are realising the “hit n run tactics” work best in the long run… People see the bbs but ships that have most issues are big cruisers that both dont have such a long range on asw planes if they even have any but also have a guidance cutoff at much closer range then bbs and if somethinng in this game doesnt need more counters its cruisers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

I don't quite understand what the Sicilia trades, other than SAP main guns (which have pros and cons), in exchange for SAP secondaries with good DPM and a huge, 60-second smoke. With an extra charge.

The devs have always over-valued BB-caliber SAP. It’s the reason the tech tree Italian BBs after tier VI or so have such garbage gunnery (dispersion, sigma, and reload). WG went so far as to change the ammo switching mechanic/gun feeder skill to accommodate giving these battleships a built-in 30% faster ammo switch time to try to address some of their issues.

It’s very telling that when WoWs Legends released their Italian BBs, they chose to implement them in the vein of G. Verde and Sicilia (HE/AP main guns, SAP secondaries). Those devs learned from the fundamental flaws of the ships on PC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.