Anyone here ever get chosen as a " Target " in ANY bounty event?

Col_NASTY

In all my years here I have volunteered every single time they have these and not once have I,  or anyone I know.  been chosen.

Kinda SUS as the kids say these days.🤔

• Like 3

• Col_NASTY changed the title to Anyone here ever get chosen as a " Target " in ANY bounty event?

What's this "chosen" phenomena?
A player still has to volunteer to be a "Bounty Ship", right?

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

What's this "chosen" phenomena?
A player still has to volunteer to be a "Bounty Ship", right?

Yep! And I do every time.. never chosen. Don't know anyone who has.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

I've seen a handful of "Bounty Ships" during the past couple of hours.
So, at least some players are getting chosen by this years Bounty-ship selection process.

• Like 2

I've been "chosen" as target every single game today.

How? I clicked on the thing in the article and that was it. I think it expired on the 31st, so people who didn't can now only be hunters. Being a target means every match I play (except in CVs, I think) works towards a mission: 10 games and I get 20 tokens. Plus possibly more if I get other achievements or whatever.

To be clear: hardly anyone clicked on the thing, so I'm often the only "target" in the match, and my team simply doesn't have anyone to "hunt".

Edited by tocqueville8
  • Like 2

My first game today and I'm the target.  Well, same as always but this time there was a reticle tagged on my ship in the queue.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had a target in my team twice today, and just to be clear, it does fooook all to be his teammate, right? There is nothing there for the allies? Only one that can get something is the target and the one who kills him? Or am I wrong? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

I ran into one on EU, and it's Kysmet. I'm one of the hunters... but... there is a complication.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

In all my years here I have volunteered every single time they have these and not once have I,  or anyone I know.  been chosen.

Kinda SUS as the kids say these days.🤔

I was a Corgi once. Back then they gave you a special account with all the ships to play and unlimited credits and doubloons to spend if you were a Corgi. It was a blast!

I'm participating in the offer but have yet to be selected as a Bounty. I've seen some, however.

shot-24-02-01-09-08-31-0208.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 3

So far, my potential damage scores are up and I'm on the lower end of the scoreboard.  I'm playing a little more cautiously but the win rate is about even.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've seen a handful of "Bounty Ships" during the past couple of hours.
So, at least some players are getting chosen by this years Bounty-ship selection process.

Many of us have volunteered over the years !  And, I always thought it would be a neat idea to have all of the "target ships" be PVE mains in PVP ! 

And, because I wrote about it in a suggestion to Happa a long time ago, it is clear our host simply rejects any suggestions that might be a fun idea:  you know, like encouraging PVE mains to play some PVP matches...

Ah heck, what do I know.........sigh. 

PS:  they knew I'd take that assignment seriously and make any PVP player earn that kill and prize....  ergo, constant rejections.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I was a Corgi once. Back then they gave you a special account with all the ships to play and unlimited credits and doubloons to spend if you were a Corgi. It was a blast!

I'm participating in the offer but have yet to be selected as a Bounty. I've seen some, however.

shot-24-02-01-09-08-31-0208.jpg

A Corgi? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A Corgi? 🤔

I was thinking the same thing.

WHO could DEVSTRIKE this lil guy???

yh89py80y[.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A Corgi? 🤔

It was the old bounty event's name but it was a lot better. It also led to hilarious chat sayings like "Protect our puppy!"

33454BEF-E115-4ACF-8C7C-B81A679D3B59.jpe

You got this flag for being or sinking a Corgi.

corgi.png.a2bbb5c0902c20df5350b76360f3c5

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 5

I was a Corgi and a Marauder.

It was a blast to play.
While you were 'expected' to be sunk, I didn't make it easy for them.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

WHO could DEVSTRIKE this lil guy??

A cat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/2/2024 at 9:26 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I had a target in my team twice today, and just to be clear, it does fooook all to be his teammate, right? There is nothing there for the allies? Only one that can get something is the target and the one who kills him? Or am I wrong? 

Yeah if there is a target as a teammate I'm pretty sure you don't get anything. Which kind of sucks but you could use him as bait maybe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Yeah if there is a target as a teammate I'm pretty sure you don't get anything. Which kind of sucks but you could use him as bait maybe.

There is a decoy mission that earns 20 star tokens.  Teammates who receive > 1 mil potential dmg and are among the top three (win or lose) in BXP and the friendly bounty lives.

• Like 1

I was selected to be a Corgi_Captain in 2017 and 2018, a Maskarado in 2019, and a Pumpkin in 2020.  These were three day events, Friday-Sunday.  For nostalgia purposes, I took a screen shot of my account stats at the end of each event (see below), before the account was taken away and closed.

It was fun being an event captain, although players who did not visit the game forums didn't believe they were real events and account captains were accused of numerous things.  Having access to ALL of the premium ships was a lot of fun, too.  Iwaki Alpha, in particular, was sinfully fun.

As an event captain, however, I felt a bit of pressure to really grind the playing time.  As such, I haven't volunteered for any events since 2020.

Event - Corgi result 2017.jpg

Event - Corgi result 2018.jpg

Event - Maskarado 75 031019.jpg

Event - Pumpkin 188 110120.jpg

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 2

Never. I'd like to since everybody shoots me anyway. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

A cat.

Yeah I was just about to say that my Main Coon tomcat prob would be interested in the job

• Like 1

After the first game I played after the event started, where there were a mess of "Bounties" on one team and none on the other, I only saw a "Bounty" once on about every four or five matches. Then, after about noon yesterday, I never saw another one. In the old "Corgi" event, the "Corgies" had to play a certain number of battles or be penalized as to the loot they would collect. Also, as a "Corgi" you had to play certain tiers at certain times so people knew at which tiers the "Corgies" would be concentrated. Apparently, this is not so for the "Bounties." Very few players seem to have been selected to be a "Bounty" and those that have don't seem to be actually playing much. The rewards are pretty "meh" too, a few useless new in-game achievements and some questionable camouflage schemes and commanders. The event has currently fallen flat on its face. Perhaps it will pick up as the weekend progresses but I don't have high hopes of it.   

• Like 1

For the old events (Corgi Fleet, Maskarado, Escaped Pumpkins, etc), the selected players used a provided account to play during the event.  You didn't play under your own account.  When the event was over the account was removed.

While it was fun, I missed out on mission completion on my account while I was participating.

If this new format allows you to use your own account, I may volunteer in the future.

• Like 1

I was chosen twice in the past. Where there was a press account provided with all the ships available.

It was worthwhile on the target side as the reward was generous. Also I had finished up daily mission on the main account side so I am happy.

But on the hunter side, I don't think it worth any effort as the reward is too difficult to get.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to being the target for the day.  Someone's got to do it.  

• Like 1