Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova - is making its return to World of Warships in Update 12.7 ....

Wolfswetpaws

b804bf4e-3844-11ee-958d-ac162d70f4e4.jpg

Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova- is making its return to World of Warships in Update 12.7! The Blue Steel ships and Commanders that you are already familiar with will once again gather to face off against the Fleet of Fog. A new Arpeggio of Blue Steel container that can drop themed ships will also be available!

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-127-lushun-at-the-dockyard/

This’ll be my first ARG event, and according to the Old Lore from clanmates the first one offered lots of f2p options to get boats. Surely this one will follow that pattern, right guys? Right?

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, SnugglyHedgehog said:

Surely this one will follow that pattern, right guys? Right?

Wargaming be like:

download.jpg.625f1bb5cfdb0fcde262d2dab2d0d3c3.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SnugglyHedgehog said:

This’ll be my first ARG event, and according to the Old Lore from clanmates the first one offered lots of f2p options to get boats. Surely this one will follow that pattern, right guys? Right?

7vqxoy.jpg
But which pattern, though?

8 hours ago, SnugglyHedgehog said:

I'm guessing there might be one "free" reward of some type, obtainable after a grindy mission-chain?
But, this is a collaboration with an anime' franchise, so I anticipate plenty of opporunities to spend doubloons or real money.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm guessing there might be one "free" reward of some type, obtainable after a grindy mission-chain?
But, this is a collaboration with an anime' franchise, so I anticipate plenty of opporunities to spend doubloons or real money.

Where’s my I-401 submarine…. I’m sad they still don’t add it

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the ARP event is one of the requirements for the navigator lights in 12.7. Wouldn't be surprised if they give away ARP Kongo and captain as the final reward as that was the first free ARP ship in the 2016 collab, it's only a T5 copy of a tech tree ship. 

25 minutes ago, Cruiser_Avrora said:

Yeah, the ARP event is one of the requirements for the navigator lights in 12.7. Wouldn't be surprised if they give away ARP Kongo and captain as the final reward as that was the first free ARP ship in the 2016 collab, it's only a T5 copy of a tech tree ship. 

The Kongo-class ships have been offered as free rewards multiple times, and IIRC the last collab gave out one of the tier VII Myoko-class ships (of which there are also four variants). I would expect one of those ships to be a mission chain reward, with perhaps some of the new containers thrown in, but nothing more.

6 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The Kongo-class ships have been offered as free rewards multiple times, and IIRC the last collab gave out one of the tier VII Myoko-class ships (of which there are also four variants). I would expect one of those ships to be a mission chain reward, with perhaps some of the new containers thrown in, but nothing more.

2017 was the last time they gave them out for free with missions I think. Originally all Kongo and Myoko variants and Takao, free. Then the last collab in 2018 had no free ships, all bar Yamato at that time were for sale in the shop full price. I doubt they will give away a free T7 premium this time as the purpose of the new ARP containers is to make money from RNG. Remember, every year they sell reskinned Myoko clones (Eastern and Southern Dragon), these aren't free.

37 minutes ago, Cruiser_Avrora said:

2017 was the last time they gave them out for free with missions I think.

It was at least 2020. I obtained all four Kongos and Myoko for free in the Jan 2020 rerun event.

Then the last collab in 2018 had no free ships, all bar Yamato at that time were for sale in the shop full price.

You are correct that this collaboration did not have a free ship (just a 6pt commander, apparently), but this was later the same year, in Nov 2020.

I doubt they will give away a free T7 premium this time as the purpose of the new ARP containers is to make money from RNG.

Perhaps not - I certainly wouldn’t expect to see the kind of generosity from the earlier events, where multiple ships were earnable for free. I still wouldn’t be surprised if we see one of the Kongos recycled and dangled in front of the players at the end of a mission chain, being both a clone of a tech tree ship and only tier V.

Edited by Nevermore135

10 hours ago, Copperhead550 said:

Where’s my I-401 submarine…. I’m sad they still don’t add it

I still have my commander for that boat from 2016 waiting...

APR I-401.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Perhaps not - I certainly wouldn’t expect to see the kind of generosity from the earlier events, where multiple ships were earnable for free.

When they first came out, the ARP ships had several handicaps.

1) As I understand it, in their initial form they could only take ARP commanders. Being able to swap IJN captains in came later.

2) Until 2020 they had no premium earnings and IIRC could not even accept non-ARP camouflages. At a time when the camos had their econ bonuses attached to them, this was a severe handicap.

3) They and their Southern/Eastern Dragon cousins were finally, officially raised to full premium status for the comeback in early 2020. The fact that they were now giving out full premiums is probably why they only offered one of the four Myokos to win for free at that time and not the Takao.

19 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

When they first came out, the ARP ships had several handicaps.

1) As I understand it, in their initial form they could only take ARP commanders. Being able to swap IJN captains in came later.

2) Until 2020 they had no premium earnings and IIRC could not even accept non-ARP camouflages. At a time when the camos had their econ bonuses attached to them, this was a severe handicap.

3) They and their Southern/Eastern Dragon cousins were finally, officially raised to full premium status for the comeback in early 2020. The fact that they were now giving out full premiums is probably why they only offered one of the four Myokos to win for free at that time and not the Takao.

Also, the mission chains to obtain them were insane at the time. Like get 300 fires in a week, shoot down 300 planes...

The stuff you said is indeed correct. Only ARP commanders no IJN COs. No camo could be applied at all, so they missed out on the dispersion and concealment bonuses that used to be on camo.

That said. You got four free T7 ships (Myoko), 4 free T5 ships (Kongo), and then one free T8 ship that was only premium at the time (Takao). 

First event to earn free botes iirc.

17 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Also, the mission chains to obtain them were insane at the time. Like get 300 fires in a week, shoot down 300 planes...

Were they able to be done in co-op back then, or not? I only came into the game in August 2017 and my first big event was North Cape, which was very definitely a randoms-only affair. I kicked myself for ages that I hadn't come in early enough to get the ARP ships, so I was pleased as punch in 2020 to be able to get the ARP Myoko as well as the Kongos (which IIRC are still the fastest battleships at Tier 5, and with enough range to give them at least half a chance when facing Tier 7).

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

2 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Were they able to be done in co-op back then, or not? I only came into the game in August 2017 and my first big event was North Cape, which was very definitely a randoms-only affair. I kicked myself for ages that I hadn't come in early enough to get the ARP ships, so I was pleased as punch in 2020 to be able to get the ARP Myoko as well as the Kongos (which IIRC are still the fastest battleships at Tier 5, and with enough range to give them at least half a chance when facing Tier 7).

Honestly, I don't remember. I believe it was randoms as it wouldn't have been viewed so badly if you could just grind fires with Cleveland in co-op.

Here we go:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/arpeggio-blue-steel-debut/ This was PVP-exclusive.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/kicksomearsnova/ To win Takao. Co-op became an option.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/bluesteellook/ Nachi and Haguro, PvP only

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/arp-returns/ Ashigara, Hiei, PVP only

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/seriouslylastchance/ The final spamapalooza in late 2016, running from December 1 to 31, that let you earn them all, and this one included co-op. You can understand why I spent so long kicking myself for having dragged my feet over joining WOWS. 

110,000 base XP to get all of them, and no reward for duplicates of earlier pickups except a port slot and commander.

Arpeggio Challenge 1

Earn 8,000 base XP over any amount of Random or Co-Op battles.

• Must use a ship tier VI or higher
• Once per account

Rewards

ARP Kongo + Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander
 ARP Hiei+ Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander

Arpeggio Challenge 2

Earn 12,000 base XP over any amount of Random or Co-Op battles.

• Must have completed Arpeggio Challenge 1
• Once per account

Rewards

ARP Haruna+ Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander
• ARP Kirishima + Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander

Arpeggio Challenge 3

Earn 20,000 base XP over any amount of Random or Co-Op battles.

• Must have completed Arpeggio Challenge 2
• Once per account

Rewards

ARP Myoko+ Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander
• ARP Haguro + Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander

Arpeggio Challenge 4

Earn 30,000 base XP over any amount of Random or Co-Op battles.

• Must have completed Arpeggio Challenge 3
• Once per account

Rewards

ARP Nachi+ Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander
• ARP Ashigara + Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander

Arpeggio Challenge 5

Earn 40,000 base XP over any amount of Random or Co-Op battles.

• Must have completed Arpeggio Challenge 4
• Must use a ship tier VI or higher.
• Once per account

Rewards

• Ten-Skill Point Iona Commander
• Ten-Skill Point Kirishima (Bear) Commander
• Ten-Skill Point Chihaya Gunzo Commander
• Fleet of Fog Logo Flag

Final Rewards for Completing All Missions

• ARP Takao + Port Slot + Ten-Skill Point Commander

Updated 12/1: Again, please note, you won't receive any extra compensation for re-earning ships you've acquired in prior Arpeggio events. However, you will get an additional port slot and a duplicate of the ship's Commander!

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Welp, if the base XP can be earned in Clan Battles, then this might not bee too grindy. On the flip side the CB lineup rules will make CB a bit less fun than the last CB...

Looks like Random and co-op only so those of us who do CB's are going to be really pressed for time to do this event.

19 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

Welp, if the base XP can be earned in Clan Battles, then this might not bee too grindy. On the flip side the CB lineup rules will make CB a bit less fun than the last CB...

Looks like Random and co-op only so those of us who do CB's are going to be really pressed for time to do this event.

The ARP rerun in early 2020 allowed players to obtain all four Kongos and Myoko for free, and while I don’t remember the specific mission requirements, I remember thinking they were not particularly arduous.

I think there is a very high possibility that any missions will more closely resemble more recent events: they may be grindy, but probably won’t be restricted to one or two game modes.

2 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

APR I-401.jpg

Same. I have Iona for the I-401 though

27 minutes ago, Copperhead550 said:
3 hours ago, theLaalaa said:

APR I-401.jpg

Expand  

Same. I have Iona for the I-401 though

I have all the ARP Commanders available (at least, those available before update 12.7).
I still want the I-401 Submarine for my Commander Iona.  🙂

• 3 weeks later...

The Nachi mission when you have to sink 20? Russian ships was legendary difficult as there was only 1 line at the time if I remeber correctly, I managed to fulfil it with two days to spare and I play insanely much. 

• Like 1

So the event is now live.

Free missions rewards are a Premium event container from a mission chain and a 10pt commander (the bear) for 41 destroyed ribbons. The missions are active for 32 days, so they should be easy to complete even if the rewards are underwhelming. I personally would have appreciated the option to choose from 2 or 3 commanders, especially given that fact that the same commander was awarded in a similar manner in a previous collaboration, but it is what it is.

Edited by Nevermore135

"Arpeggio of Blue Steel -Ars Nova-": The Fleet of Fog Returns"
Less than an hour ago
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/arpeggio-the-fleet-of-fog-returns/

image_2023-09-08_090351014.thumb.png.c32a1c2fbabff4c922731cebe1c66f99.png  image_2023-09-08_091344137.thumb.png.ad1fe537b281270f8a8e955375e8728d.png  

Astute players will notice the glaring absence of the I-401 Submarine as a ship available to welcome to their ports during this collaboration event.
image_2023-09-08_093109886.thumb.png.f4902808f8ff25de5c029a65d4f30a0f.png  image_2023-09-08_093316127.thumb.png.df2f63f281513280253161f4524dde34.png  
So, we're still waiting for the I-401 to become available.

But, this year's event does give newer players an opportunity to "catch-up" and collect the rest of the Arpeggio of Blue Steel ships and commanders.

Personally, I'm a fan of this anime franchise and have thoroughly enjoyed sailing the ships and listening to the commanders.

I plan to do the mission and earn this collaboration's offering of Commander Yotaroh (the Teddy bear) who comes with 10 skill points as a reward.
Savvy players will remember that Commander Yotaroh arrived with 6 skill points during past Arpeggio of Blue Steel collaboration events.

Good luck everyone during this 2023 Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova collaboration.