WG is Nerfing CVs and Buffing Surface Ships!

MysticalWar

I think we have to see what actually happens and whet if any changes we will experience.

For instance, marginally nerfing the damage of a T6 IJN CV in a tier with no AA? It will still shit on everything it will just take a slightly longer time. Wont really change the crappy experience of T6 BB players.

Taking away 1 bomb outa each drop from Malta that Cits and almost dev strikes every light cruiser, dont know how much effect that will have, so instead of loosing 100% of youre health youre left with 20% .... after one drop .... then he just returns .... twice. And they buff the damage of the torps .......!! Saaay what?!

Conde also gets a weird "nerf" where they nerf one thing and buff another?! They really had to do the last thing? He will still sit at 19 km range and burn down everything.

Annapolis nerf wont change the OP-ness of that ship.

So ..... yeah. Good direction they are moving in but Im skeptical on how much this really will effect the game.

• Like 6

Personally I'm not a fan of the nerfs to CV's (which have already endured a number of nerfs since the CV re-work.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bored 8

You posted someone's YT commentary on a devblog which has been out for almost a week now with no attempt at an analysis or discussion of the material.

Lazy, zero-effort work. 

The title of Bou's post, which you cribbed word for word, is also lazy, zero-effort work because some surface ships are getting nerfs, e.g.

• St Vincent and Duncan heal cooldown time is going up by 25%
  • Jaguar torpedo speed and damage getting reduced
  • Aviere torps getting reduced in range from 10km to 8km
  • Petropavlovsk detectability gets worse
  • Zorkiy burst-fire salvo goes down from 4 to 3 shots
  • Annapolis interval between shots in burst getting longer and radar duration getting nerfed
  • Conde dispersion buff in burst fire is getting halved
  • Clemson torpedo reload getting slightly longer...

...while some carriers are getting buffs:

• Hornet tactical bomber damage and fire chance increased
  • Bomb penetration of US hybrid battleships increasing and the bombers are getting JATO boosters
  • Malta torpedoes are becoming more powerful.

I'm always happy to accept someone's wrong answer if they show how they got there, because we can always talk about how they reached their conclusions, but you didn't even do that. The worst and most unfortunate form of cheating is copying down someone else's wrong answer. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 6
  • Bored 1

Also I dont know who the expert commentator is sitting beside Overlord, I rather listen to this guys take on the changes. Hes usually not wrong.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Also I dont know who the expert commentator is sitting beside Overlord, I rather listen to this guys take on the changes. Hes usually not wrong.

You're just as bad. Perhaps you'd like to give us a short precis of why you prefer Flamu's version which doesn't consist of appeal to authority/cult worship?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You're just as bad. Perhaps you'd like to give us a short precis of why you prefer Flamu's version which doesn't consist of appeal to authority/cult worship?

Time to take a shot.

The Flamu drinking game strikes again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Time to take a shot.

I'm dead already...

cap_fainting.gif.1c84536e30fbfa5fe6c71f828131bbc3.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Time to take a shot.

The number of heads in which he abides tariff free is legion. 

He talks mad s**t about WG. Whats not to love? Well, besides his abysmal views on other players that aren't at his level of course lmao. 

Until AA is fixed, most nerfs to CVs make no difference. As long as AA is an irrelevant stat, we won't see any meaningful changes in the CV-surface ship interactions.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

28 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Until AA is fixed, most nerfs to CVs make no difference. As long as AA is an irrelevant stat, we won't see any meaningful changes in the CV-surface ship interactions.

From what I gathered, WG only want to reduce CV spotting while maintaining the same level of battle impact, i.e., 1 vs. 1 interaction. Again, this is all interpretation, as we don't have the fine details just yet.

1 hour ago, Beleaf said:

From what I gathered, WG only want to reduce CV spotting while maintaining the same level of battle impact, i.e., 1 vs. 1 interaction. Again, this is all interpretation, as we don't have the fine details just yet.

We honestly don't know the impact of the new USN support line being used as air superiority CVs...and WG is still trying to nerf spotting.

They don't even understand how air superiority impacts spotting...despite CV mains telling them about it for LITERAL YEARS.

The stubborn insistence on only listening to certain people for feedback and then expecting successful results when those feedback channels have only ever delivered failure.

It boggles the mind how incompetent WG leadership can be.

• Bored 1

Why Zorky nerf ☹️ barely see any and it's in my opinion a bit more intresting than Dålårnå spamming torps from stealth outside any possible detection or radar range. Also I think F3 Yamagiri Is much stronger. 

IMHO - TBH even if SOME of the changes are indeed "baby steps in the right direction" and others are completely irrelevant in general nothing will change because it doenst impact the reasons some ships or entire classes break the gameplay experience for everybody else...

Not to mention they already started to pull back on the damage dealt to subs by the new "sub hunter cls" as if the damn things on t10 still dont have 4+ km stealth torping window mpw with improved manouveerability making them closer and closer to submergable torp dds...

Edited by Yedwy

14 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

The number of heads in which he abides tariff free is legion. 

In the heads of his worshippers as well!

i got tons of popcorn ready for the spotting changes to planes, fingers crossed... i'll. so. effin. gonna. LUV. it! 8894B97F-00ED-4D27-B896-7EC868D4089E.gif

1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

i got tons of popcorn ready for the spotting changes to planes, fingers crossed... i'll. so. effin. gonna. LUV. it! 8894B97F-00ED-4D27-B896-7EC868D4089E.gif

I'm not looking forward to the rage from players demanding spotting from my planes that can no longer provide it...

Be careful what you wish for.

1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

What are you prepared to bet me that particular change either gets pulles in the last moment for “collecting more data” or othewise gets circumvented by something else like IDK ie dedicated spotting aircraft prob implemented as the “consumable type” within no more then 6 months?

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm not looking forward to the rage from players demanding spotting from my planes that can no longer provide it...

well, to me? icing on the cake...

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

What are you prepared to bet me that particular change either gets pulles in the last moment for “collecting more data” or othewise gets circumvented by something else like IDK ie dedicated spotting aircraft prob implemented as the “consumable type” within no more then 6 months?

yet off everything they put a certain ammount of ressources in came to live. the longer it takes, the more they put into it, the more likely it becomes. by experience: kinda everything(!) they yet denied one day to come or declined somehow and which not was totally out of relation (habakus), and quite more, made it into the game.

Edited by MrWastee

5 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

EVERYONE who complained about carriers is to blame for this. EVERYONE.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

EVERYONE who complained about carriers is to blame for this. EVERYONE.

Good. It evens up the skill gap. Team with CV which spots no longer has (such) a huge advantage over Team with CV which doesn't.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Good. It evens up the skill gap. Team with CV which spots no longer has (such) a huge advantage over Team with CV which doesn't.

When the CV no longer has to spot - he then dedicates 100% of his time to damage. People think no spotting is a positive when in reality the best CV players will only kill more of you faster. Should be fun watching it go down. Won't really affect me as I mostly do operations mode now.

10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Sorry, no. It doesn't always work that way. I've spent whole games trying to spot for my team and they barely shoot at anything. I've spent other games barely being able to do any damage because my team has them dead shortly after they're spotted.