Unique and Weirdly Named Beers Thread.

Chysagon

My sister's fourth husband drinks about a case of beer day. I never got into beer as it just makes me sneeze and pretty much all alcohol tastes bitter to me. I can see why beer was brewed in the olden days though as water alone usually gave you dysentery. Fun fact: Portland, Oregon gets most of its water from snow melt, the local microbreweries really like this water for making beer.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

My sister's fourth husband drinks about a case of beer day.

I hope you don’t mean a crate but a sixpack. I mean, I hope you don’t mean a sixpack either, for that matter, or staving off dysentery will be the least of his problems.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I hope you don’t mean a crate but a sixpack. I mean, I hope you don’t mean a sixpack either, for that matter, or staving off dysentery will be the least of his problems.

c2cd3a8fecc6999841d9e1b8e589a829_large.p

That's American 4.1% beer though. Looks like, at his weight, he actually can drink two beers an hour and still stay well below the legal limit. I've never seen him appear to be drunk. I drank one beer when I was in Germany in the Army and felt like I was tripping on my own feet. Of course, that was German beer too, and I only weighed 150 pounds back then.

screen-shot-2013-05-14-at-6.01.42-pm.jpg

• Thanks 1

To each his own, I guess, though I’d venture to say that such tables find value in short term drinking bouts. Long term? There’s nothing biologically good about alcohol.

3 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

To each his own, I guess, though I’d venture to say that such tables find value in short term drinking bouts. Long term? There’s nothing biologically good about alcohol.

Alcohol has some interesting effects on the body. When I was taking a cadaver lab at the university's medical center, the cadavers who had drunk quite a bit of alcohol during their lives all had cirrhotic livers to some degree. However, some of them also had really clean coronary arteries. What did they die from, you might ask? Well, in my cadaver's case, a hotel walkway collapse killed him, along with 114 others. Now, smoking, on the other hand, gives no benefits whatsoever. I was simply flabbergasted the first time I saw the lungs of a smoker who was being autopsied.

This is actually a lot cleaner than they really look when they are fresh.

Smoking.JPG&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=64b46c564e465

• Like 1