Battleship Texas is nearly ready for Plop Day

iDuckman

Steve Lehto, who is a lawyer with a more interesting than you'd think it would be if you are not really into that kind of stuff legal channel, was rocking a Battleship Texas shirt yesterday.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Steve Lehto, who is a lawyer with a more interesting than you'd think it would be if you are not really into that kind of stuff legal channel, was rocking a Battleship Texas shirt yesterday.

Untitled.jpg

I already thought highly of him.  That just tops it.

16 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Made my morning 👍

Beautiful, isn't she?  Wait until you see the rest of the outfit.

New Jersey is about to go into drydock, though she doesn't have the budget - or the need - that Texas did.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Beautiful, isn't she?  Wait until you see the rest of the outfit.

New Jersey is about to go into drydock, though she doesn't have the budget - or the need - that Texas did.

Aye.

I've been following the Battleship New Jersey Museum & Memorial youtube channel. 
Ryan, the curator, has been following the Texas drydocking situation while preparing the New Jersey for her own drydock experience.
It's been interesting.

I used to occaissionally work in a drydock as part of my work duties and the view of a ship at the bow from under & forward of that was always impressive - that view of the hull & just how massive ships can appear when out of the water. The propellers are impressively big close up.

• Like 1

Unfortunately Texas' propellers were removed some time ago.  One disappeared.  They still have one, but it will never be remounted since as I recall they cut off the shafts.

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

I don't this this was posted.  BB Texas has a new home.

Battleship Texas will get a new place to call home in Galveston. The Port of Galveston board of trustees approved a lease at Pier 20 with The Battleship Texas Foundation [in Nov]. The lease will last 10 years with renewal options. Rent will be $480,000 per year.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Rent will be $480,000 per year

Ah, that zero jammed, didn’t it. I mean, otherwise, wow. $1,300 and change, a day, for parking a historical ship? So add to that staff, maintenance, insurance… big wow. They're gonna need some help...

Top notch stuff, very happy for Texas and all the people who get to see and experience it first hand🤟

Maybe there is a lesson lost or found (latter is far better) that there are things in this ‘best of all western idea of worlds’ that do not and should not conform to basic business & spreadshite principles.

Since their values dwells in our hearts and minds, also both entities capable of far more than-‘it pays off , it earns enough, or it does not😉

• Like 1

16 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:
17 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Rent will be $480,000 per year

Ah, that zero jammed, didn’t it. I mean, otherwise, wow. $1,300 and change, a day, for parking a historical ship? So add to that staff, maintenance, insurance… big wow. They're gonna need some help...

Wow!