This is from a good Voyager episode

MysticalWar

Voyager was a little too "preachy" for my taste. I did like the time paradox episodes and Seven-of-Nine though.

• Like 3

I never actually watched Voyager at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I think you should be thankful for that, i really hated that show and most of it characters.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The finale double episodes are ideal. 

• Like 1

I recall that in one episode they take the "Delta Flyer" deep into the middle of a "water world." The only problem with this is that spaceships are not submarines. I believe that it was FutureRama that got this correct when the captain was asked how many atmospheres of depth the spaceship could withstand and she said "Well, we are a spaceship... so about one?"

• Like 1

Not a huge fan of the show (still leaps and bounds ahead of Discovery though), but this was the single best episode of Voyager, and one of the best of all Trek imho.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I recall that in one episode they take the "Delta Flyer" deep into the middle of a "water world." The only problem with this is that spaceships are not submarines. I believe that it was FutureRama that got this correct when the captain was asked how many atmospheres of depth the spaceship could withstand and she said "Well, we are a spaceship... so about one?"

Well, with a space culture that has access to "transparent aluminum" as an alternative to plexiglass, I'm guessing some craft could be constructed to be durable in vaccuum of space and for a reasonable depth underwater.

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Well, with a space culture that has access to "transparent aluminum" as an alternative to plexiglass, I'm guessing some craft could be constructed to be durable in vaccuum of space and for a reasonable depth underwater.

I somehow doubt that. In space, the hull has to contain pressure inside, under water the hull has to hold off external pressure. I suppose, it might be feasible to do double construction toward these requirements, but it wouldn't be cost effective, I think.

Just now, Snargfargle said:

Ah poor Harry, the longest-serving ensign in Star Fleet history.

He becomes an Admiral in Star Trek Online, though.  And some Science Vessel designs are associated with him.  🙂 

I guess it wasn't the captain but the spaceship's designer...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I somehow doubt that. In space, the hull has to contain pressure inside, under water the hull has to hold off external pressure. I suppose, it might be feasible to do double construction toward these requirements, but it wouldn't be cost effective, I think.

An understandable sentiment.
At the end of the day, though, I offer this explanation, "It's in the script".  😉 

• Haha 3

An understandable sentiment.
At the end of the day, though, I offer this explanation, "It's in the script".  😉 

The whole "beaming" thing was so that the original Star Trek's producers didn't have to spend too much money on space shuttle props. Beaming did eventually create some interesting plots though.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

The whole "beaming" thing was so that the original Star Trek's producers didn't have to spend too much money on space shuttle props. Beaming did eventually create some interesting plots though.

There's a line spoken by a Klingon in one of the Star Trek novels, essentially asking "Why are their Transporters so noisy?" (because in the novel, Klingon Transporter sound is nearly silent in comparison).  The novel is set somewhen in the ST:TOS timeline and involves diplomats from Klingon being assigned to Earth, if I remember correctly.

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

There's a line spoken by a Klingon in one of the Star Trek novels, essentially asking "Why are their Transporters so noisy?" (because in the novel, Klingon Transporter sound is nearly silent in comparison).  The novel is set somewhen in the ST:TOS timeline and involves diplomats from Klingon being assigned to Earth, if I remember correctly.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I enjoyed the performances of the character named River Song.

I enjoyed the performances of the character named River Song.

The new Dr Who has gone off the rails in recent years but it did have a good ten year run. River Song was one of its best characters.

• Like 1

I loved the original Star Trek never liked any of the spin off until Paramount TV Star Trek: Strange new worlds.  Which IMHO is very well done It's Before Captain Kirk although he is in it as well as all the other characters but Pike is the caption now. If you have not watched and are a fan I highly recommend it. You need to give it a little time but very well done. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, clammboy said:

I loved the original Star Trek never liked any of the spin off until Paramount TV Star Trek: Strange new worlds.  Which IMHO is very well done It's Before Captain Kirk although he is in it as well as all the other characters but Pike is the caption now. If you have not watched and are a fan I highly recommend it. You need to give it a little time but very well done. 

I've been enjoying the seasons of Star Trek:  Strange New Worlds.
Interesting story-telling and some entertaining one-off episodes which have been hilarious.  🙂 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've been enjoying the seasons of Star Trek:  Strange New Worlds.
Interesting story-telling and some entertaining one-off episodes which have been hilarious.  🙂 

Yea I like that the new series is like the old series in that every episode is new not a continuation of each show. Also love the dynamics and tension between Spock and nurse Chapel. The Younger more emotional Spock is fun to watch before he becomes more ridged and leans more into his Vulcan side.

• Like 2