Des Moines, Buffalo and Baltimore perma camo compensation

Efros

I noticed that one of the rewards was the Perma Camos for Buffalo and Des Moines, the ones with the Stars and Stripes and the Huge Eagles.

f4cad27e86f6ed8ae8dd472f31f204a7.webp

Has anyone managed to figure out in the dispersed sources of information that WG chucks at us what if any compensation will be given to those players that already have these camos.

Credits, if i'm not mistaken, but don't ask me how much or where i read it.

2 hours ago, Efros said:

I noticed that one of the rewards was the Perma Camos for Buffalo and Des Moines,

Baltimore, not Buffalo.

• Like 1

i want to sell almost every frickin' perma camo i've got.

before i was merely quite annoyed by being unable to...

now with them becoming more of a "thing" for rewards, i shall be downright pissed

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Beleaf said:

5 and 9 million credits respectfully

Thanks @Beleaf  do you remember where you saw that?

• Like 1

Typical, you'd think that WG would have info like that documented as part of the update News.

• 2 weeks later...

…for the Baltimore and Des Moines “Freedom” permacamos that come from grinding the carriers event, if you had them prior to the event?

I’ve had both for a long tine, and I’m on a trajectory to get them again tomorrow.

Haven’t heard anyone say anything about it; gotta imagine it’s not a “knock your socks off” amount.

If you had a perma-camo that gave economic benefits you were given the equivalent economic bonus perma-package to apply to your ship. You also still have the perma-camo, though its original manifestation may have been disabled. You can re-enable it if you want. Click the "gear" icon to the right of the Port slots and choose to view  special ships > decorative. I was issued them again and believe that I may have gotten credits instead because, just as you can't have more than one Des Moines, you can't have more than one of each of the special event perma-camos for it.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

… just as you can't have more than one Des Moines, you can't have more than one of each of the special event perma-camos for it.

Yesss…thus my question.

13 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If you had a perma-camo that gave economic benefits you were given the equivalent economic bonus perma-package to apply to your ship.

Am aware.

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You can re-enable it if you want. 

I don’t want.

image.thumb.png.e058170d83e4ccac9a5b9a3d5f0628fc.png

I got today for Baltimore.  No notification for compensation but had 5M+ increase in credit today, higher than normal.

Edited by o4x4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having just completed the event, and notified that I have won the camos, which I already have, I don't appear to have been compensated for them, certainly they haven't notified me as such.

• Admiral_Karasu changed the title to Des Moines, Buffalo and Baltimore perma camo compensation
4 hours ago, Efros said:

Having just completed the event, and notified that I have won the camos, which I already have, I don't appear to have been compensated for them, certainly they haven't notified me as such.

Well support claim that I was compensated 7.5 million in total. Could well be, I really don't pay attention to my credit number, however, that should really be a notification. Considering the number of useless ones that flash up this one should have been a no brainer.

• Like 3

I got 2.5 million credits for the Baltimore camo, which I won in-game the first time they offered it.

1 hour ago, Efros said:

Well support claim that I was compensated 7.5 million in total. Could well be, I really don't pay attention to my credit number, however, that should really be a notification. Considering the number of useless ones that flash up this one should have been a no brainer.

A CM told me I was credited for my unique captain. I looked for the notification, and there wasn't one.

I think they basically botched the notification for unique items in this pass.

• Like 1

I didn't even bother to look. I had both from years ago but I do think my credit balance got a boost. Not sure though.

I also have those goofy decorative camos turned off so it looks like a normal perma-camo on my screen. Sorry for anyone on my team that sees the monstrosity in game... 

8 hours ago, xamdam said:

I also have those goofy decorative camos turned off so it looks like a normal perma-camo on my screen. Sorry for anyone on my team that sees the monstrosity in game... 

I feel the same way. I’ve had mine turned off so long, I tend to forget I have them. I sometimes see them in inventory, and check them on the ships - I’m just plain embarrassed to be seen in some of them.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2024 at 12:57 PM, SolitudeFreak said:

A CM told me I was credited for my unique captain.

Is this the 6pt Theodore Chandler captain? The one sold in the Armory is 10 points and I'm pretty sure you can buy as many of them as you like. 

You can only have one Theodore Chandler, even though he has no boosted skills. I already had him; he is no longer available for me to purchase from the armory, and I did not receive the 6-pointer from the BP track (not even a generic replacement for him). I didn't even think to check whether or not I got any credit compensation, at the time.

Untitled.jpg

33 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

You can only have one Theodore Chandler, even though he has no boosted skills.

Thanks for the correction.