He is saying what many GOOD players are thinking.

USMC2145

Isn't that how you play yolo?

The issue here isn't anything new, at least not on EU. For years I've been one of those forced to yolo out at front while much of team sit behind a rock somewhere. Oddly... sometimes they win that way.

I call this the Magnetic Island Syndrom.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Most veteran players have long lamented this, especially by players in ships built to absorb hits.  Being gunshy is not a new phenomena, though it seems to be more prevalent these days.  Taking hits or even dying to support your team is an art that takes time to develop, especially when most players don't understand what a team is and are only looking at their own ship.

• Like 8

I had this happen to me a good ten times out of like fourteen games in the past couple days. While I was playing a destroyer and completely frustrated because when half the team is sitting back at the J line or all behind two islands you can't contest a blasted thing.

• Like 5

It drives me nuts with tier 6 CVs to see them not capping late game when they absolutely can.

They have BB level hp, and against light cruisers you could out DPM them with your planes and secondaries.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

One thing this game does to a 'T' is illustrate how important commanders are to a fleet.  What you see in these games is even worse when no one is sending commands to a fleet under fire.  Here, every battle is an armed mob, and you can imagine what would happen to such a force against one where everyone acted under the command of a single Admiral.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

One thing this game does to a 'T' is illustrate how important commanders are to a fleet.  What you see in these games is even worse when no one is sending commands to a fleet under fire.  Here, every battle is an armed mob, and you can imagine what would happen to such a force against one where everyone acted under the command of a single Admiral.

Less is more, in other words, is what you are saying, as we tend to have up to 12 admirals on the team.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Less is more, in other words, is what you are saying, as we tend to have up to 12 admirals on the team.

Not exactly.  A position of Admiral is an appointed rank by a higher authority to manage multiple ships in operation as well as in maintenance. An Admiral is expected and required to issue instruction and orders to their subordinates and directly answerable for the actions of those subordinates.

What we have are 12 ship commanders who were never appointed by any higher authority and are not answerable for either their own performance or those on their team.  An armed mob does not an Admiral make.

In many ways, the only analogy I could make would be pirate squadrons, but even they appointed a commander to tell the other ships the plan.  And they tended to have more...permanent...measures of answering for failures.

• Like 2

This is a problem that I am afraid will not go away. It has been going on since the middle of the first year, when repair costs were normalized and the flood of baddies got into high tier. WG does not care that this is going on. You can see that what they are putting into the game has only made it worse. Way too many players have no clue how to deal with what has been put in front of them such as subs, CVs, DDs, etc. So they hide in the back, afraid to scratch the paint or suicide by charging in unaware of what they are doing.

As long as WG is making money off these players, things will not change. I understand how this can piss players off because it sometimes makes me want to reach through the screen and give these folks a piece of my mind, but thankfully I can't do that because jail time would be in my future, LOL!!

Edited by SeaQuest
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

So they hide in the back, afraid to scratch the paint

WG normalized service costs and made them damage-independent in order to disincentivize hiding. 

7 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

subs, CVs, DDs, etc.

This is World of Warships, not World of Battleships and Cruisers. 

14 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

In many ways, the only analogy I could make would be pirate squadrons, but even they appointed a commander to tell the other ships the plan.  And they tended to have more... permanent... measures of answering for failures.

😈

2 hours ago, USMC2145 said:

I hate when teams do this. He is right, stop doing this!!!

Why don't you give us at least a sentence or two of context? (I'm not going to watch the video because I've seen enough of his stuff to not want to watch any more of it ever again.)

• Like 1
  • Bored 5

19 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Why don't you give us at least a sentence or two of context? (I'm not going to watch the video because I've seen enough of his stuff to not want to watch any more of it ever again.)

Quite. It always looks the same, like the height of the season at Puerto Vallarta.

(I should perhaps clarify that my statement is about the issue, not about the YouTuber in question.)

• Bored 2

16 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

WG normalized service costs and made them damage-independent in order to disincentivize hiding. 

This is World of Warships, not World of Battleships and Cruisers. 

😈

Well you opened the door dude. Looking at your stats I would say you are one of them. Also, I never said those ships do not belong in game, just that they are the reason baddies stay back. What do you have against Sea Lord Mountbatten as a streamer? He is pretty tame and does mostly help videos. 

Edited by SeaQuest

10 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

Looking at your stats I would say you are one of them.

One of whom? Your statement lacks clarity.

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yes, it kinda needs some clarification.

Let's see. Do you like cold margaritas served on the Lido deck? In other words, do you have problems with magnetic islands?

• Haha 2

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I will answer that. Your stats are not very good and that would make him and I think you are one of the players who adds to these issues. 

• Bored 1

4 minutes ago, 3LUE said:

I will answer that. Your stats are not very good and that would make him and I think you are one of the players who adds to these issues. 

What makes you think that the issue is about stats, though? Is it a gut feeling or have you observed it's the thing that bad stat players do in battles, seek shelter, hide, and shirk combat?

1 minute ago, 3LUE said:

My overall Randoms winrate is 50% but I have been an overwhelmingly (though not exclusively) co-op player for many years now and I see no reason to slam my head into a brick wall simply to try to make a number bigger to impress people. 

• Like 2

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

seek shelter, hide, and shirk combat?

If anything, I tend to stick my neck out way too far.

• Like 2

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

If anything, I tend to stick my neck out way too far.

Likewise. I'm trying to learn to be more cautious which actually shouldn't be that hard to do. My problem has more to do with situational awareness and inability to expect the.. well, the expected. After this many years I still get surprised by some moves even though I've seen them countless times before.

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What makes you think that the issue is about stats, though? Is it a gut feeling or have you observed it's the thing that bad stat players do in battles, seek shelter, hide, and shirk combat?

Many do either hide or die by being to agressive. You can have good stats even playing solo if you have the skill and take the time to learn how to play. I see that SeaQuest_ plays most of his games solo and has good stats. I see he has been in some good clans like Bonk and also has the KoTs badge. 

• Like 2

giphy.gif

It is a little off the rails, with a few personal insults and completely off-topic...

What is Reported Content?

In other words, kindly stay on topic...I'd like to play a little WoWs today and not write personal messages.

👀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

giphy.gif

It is a little off the rails, with a few personal insults and a completely off-topic...

What is Reported Content?

In other words, kindly stay on topic...I'd like to play a little WoWs today and not write personal messages.

👀

Agree, I was part of it and I apologize. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaQuest said:

What do you have against Sea Lord Mountbatten as a streamer? He is pretty tame and does mostly help videos. 

Imo, he panders too much to the audience, it's too "common place"... I know it's the usual business for streamers and content creators but I've never found anything worth of my time there it's like the most average opinion ever and not even delivered in a funny way.

I'm not watching that rubbish, but nothing rewards pushing and so doesn't teach players how or why to do it. Pushing is the punishment for having your triangle mafia lose.

2 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

I'm not watching that rubbish, but nothing rewards pushing and so doesn't teach players how or why to do it. Pushing is the punishment for having your triangle mafia lose.

The win rate statistic suffers when you are the only one who knows when to push.  I want to see my statistics for killing subs and DDs.  I would also like to see some stats on how long my flank held the cap and flank after I died from pushing.

• Like 1