What were your greatest battle achievements in Tier I - IV?

OT2_2

The so called low tiers have to come to their right like all the others do, and therefore I'm going to install this particular one. They are quite often looked down upon, something they and the enthusiasts, who absolutely love to play them, don't deserve. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mikasa game

10 kills, with 6 Close Quarters Experts, and 2 Die Hards...survived and won.

Should have had 3 Die Hards, but I missed the ram on the enemy Mikasa.

• Like 4

image.thumb.png.b05a2777820389b82bfb6d54740cf8cf.png

Disclosure: one human per side in 12-ship teams.

I lost because killing ten of the eleven red bots (my green bots were total failures) ate up too much of my health and the red human was able to one-shot me. 

• Like 6

I don't know what's going on but I can't attach files / pictures, because they exceed 614,56 kb. That's very unfortunate. Have posted others earlier today and that was not an issue. 

Edited by OT2_2

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I lost because killing ten of the eleven red bots (my green bots were total failures) ate up too much of my health and the red human was able to one-shot me. 

Yup, that will happen.

Looks like you had a good time though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

The so called low tiers have to come to their right like all the others do, and therefore I'm going to install this particular one. They are quite often looked down upon, something they and the enthusiasts, who absolutely love to play them, don't deserve. 

It has been a while, but I still fondly remember posting about this experience on the old forum.
A copy of my archived post is presented here.

Posted November 1, 2020 (edited) Report post #337

[Narrator] The scene is the top floor of the Port's Administration Building.
Adjutant of the Port Fubuki Shirakami (the 1st.) finishes reading an incoming mission report and then begins squealing with unparalleled glee and excitement.

[Shirakami] Aaaaiiiiiiieeeeeeee! Sugoiiiiiii~! Arpha! AAARRRRPPPPHHHHHAAAAA!
[Shirakami] ::: leaping up from her chair & desk and bouncing with joy towards the Alpha of the Port's office doorway :::

[Wolfswetpaws] ::: Rises from his chair and strides to meet Shirakami at the doorway of his office :::
[Wolfswetpaws] What!?? What is it?

[Shirakami] AAARRRRPHAAA! Arpha! Arpha! ahem. Alpha! They did it! They did it! They did it!

[Wolfswetpaws] Who? Did what?

[Shirakami] The Hosho has set a Fleet Record! They sunk SEVEN SHIPS in their last Random Battle!
They not only earned a Kraken Unleashed award twice in seven days, they SET A FLEET RECORD FOR SHIPS SUNK In A Random BATTLE!!!!

[Wolfswetpaws] HUZZZAAAAH!!!!

[Shirakami] YAAAAYYYY!!!

[Wolfswetpaws] Adjutant! Get the Entertainment Committee and alert the Press Officer! We're gonna have a Port-wide and Celebration!

[Shirakami] HAAAIIII!
[Shirakami] ::: Bounces and skips with joy and sets the chain of events in to motion :::

[Narrator] The scene of the top floor of the Administration Building fades and is replaced by a scene aboard the Hosho.
The perspective is from ahead and above the bow of the Aircraft Carrier as she is sailing for home,
with seven crew standing proudly at the bow of the flight-deck, each holding an up-raised broom.
The sun is setting and casts a golden glow upon the Hosho and her crew.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited to add: This could not have been made possible without my valued teammates and our worthy adversaries.
Kudos to each of them. It was a great battle.

• Like 2

More recently, I sent a replay to @Lord_Zath, who was kind enough to review the battle on his Twitch Stream and host the review as a video on his youtube channel.

Derpin' Around - Wickes Tier 3 American DD New Dawn World of Warships

• Like 2

Most fun battle achievement in low tiers was a Knyaz Suvarov game I had once...

Enemy had a triple DD division, who hung around the central cap and murdered my teammates one by one as they went forward ONE AT A TIME to die.

The other Knyaz Suvarov on my team crushed his flank and was on a Kraken when the game had devolved down to him pushing the enemy spawn and me (with no kills yet) defending our spawn cap.

The enemy division thought I was the weak link, and came to charge me down. This was obvious, so I was already kiting with my battleships decent speed...

They engaged in the stern chase, got on both sides of me...and tried to kill me. Queue a few minutes of frantic maneuvering and firing while my secondaries are going off everywhere.

Whittling then down slowly but surely...but they were getting me too with a torp every once and a while.

But then, close quarters expert, main gun kill, close quarters expert all within two seconds.

It was HILARIOUS 😂!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yup, that will happen.

Looks like you had a good time though.

Oh yeah, I had an absolute ball! 

The only thing which diminished my joy of the Double Kraken was knowing they were all bots. 🤣

However, that brought back memories of my third day ever in this game, when I took my Black Swan into Randoms and came back with Confederate, High Caliber and Kraken! Yay, I thought; I'm right up at the level of all the experts in Jingles's videos; this game is going to be a hoot! So I brought up the final-placings table to screenshot it, and only when I was savouring the moment afterwards did I realize that every other ship on both teams had been a bot. Oh man, you should have seen my ego deflate!

Getting another Kraken after that took me a year... and it was in the much-maligned Monarch of all things.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The only thing which diminished my joy of the Double Kraken was knowing they were all bots. 🤣

However, that brought back memories of my third day ever in this game, when I took my Black Swan into Randoms and came back with Confederate, High Caliber and Kraken! Yay, I thought; I'm right up at the level of all the experts in Jingles's videos; this game is going to be a hoot! So I brought up the final-placings table to screenshot it, and only when I was savouring the moment afterwards did I realize that every other ship on both teams had been a bot. Oh man, you should have seen my ego deflate!

Getting another Kraken after that took me a year... and it was in the much-maligned Monarch of all things.

Indeed.

Took me a long time to get a Kraken, and it was the Nassau that gave it to me.

I'm grinding the Monarch now...it's not as bad as people think...but it's not my style.

• Like 1

Back in the day when first started playing, 10 kills in Hermelin. 😎

Edited by DoW_
Spelling
  • Like 2

I had a T4 game with only 6 bots on each team. Closest thing to an actual random match below t5 I’ve ever seen. WG might as well make tier 1-4 co-op only. Pretty much is already. 

21 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

I had a T4 game with only 6 bots on each team. Closest thing to an actual random match below t5 I’ve ever seen. WG might as well make tier 1-4 co-op only. Pretty much is already. 

It is co-op now...but WG doesn't care about any tier below 5.

Clemson correctly played is a monster at TIV. Unfortunately she will be nerfed with patch 13.1. Love this ship.

Skjermbilde 2023-10-20 101146.jpg

Skjermbilde 2023-10-20 101137.jpg

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 3

German BB TIII Nassau in action. 6 pointer as captain. She is really doing fine.  

Skjermbilde 2023-10-21 205048.jpg

Skjermbilde 2023-10-21 205151.jpg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Sounds familiar...

18 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I remember still my first kraken, it was on the old Tier VI Kiev, on a map that I recall being similar to Warrior's Path, and I was sailing a lot between those rocks in the middle and that's how I got my first kraken.

20 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

I don't know what's going on but I can't attach files / pictures, because they exceed 614,56 kb. That's very unfortunate. Have posted others earlier today and that was not an issue. 

If you been posting a lot of image files, it's possible you may have run out of storage space.

As for using image hosting services, Imgur does no longer seem to be a viable option (due to their restrictive policies and the embedding feature not being compatible with Invision).

See this post:

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/2233-space-allocation-increase-and-image-hosting-question-to-the-forum/?do=findComment&comment=26316

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

f you been posting a lot of image files, it's possible you may have run out of storage space.

Thank you! I did find another solution and made the pictures a little bit smaller from PNG to JPG. So that does work so far.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

Unfortunately she will be nerfed with patch 13.1.

By a handful of seconds in her torpedo reload. It's not like they're putting a bullet in its head. Chill.

No photo description available.image.thumb.png.26b2231b694fef4210f4592f8ebbdd45.png

Probably 11 kills. The T-25 is a monster. Lots of Cits for a DD. The AP works. Mostly bots though

Edited by Titus_Pullo_13
  • Like 3

So, um, I did a thing:

image.thumb.png.57db50e70b5ca5ca5ab85e74f42e1da8.png

(Sole-human co-op on the PTS, 21 point torpedo-spec Halsey as captain.)

• Like 4

I have lost my old screenshots. But I have a handful of solo warriors and one is in Kawachi with 6 ships sunk.

One of my best games happened in a famous battle cruiser of WWI. "Von der Tann" does things battle cruisers are supposed to do. 😁This made this particular Random Battle even more delightful. Not many excel 9 kills.

Skjermbilde 2023-10-24 113328.jpg

Skjermbilde 2023-10-24 113338.jpg

Edited by OT2_2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only recollection of these tiers (I still random play them btw in random mode only) I have is from many years ago with my Iwaki Alpha. I got disconnected somehow but managed to log back in. In the meantime my team was getting its butt kicked. This really cheesed me off & I got very angry as you think with the Iwaki you are going to sink ships & get a W. I started to play aggressively (I was cheesed off) & got 4 kills quite quickly (which was more like it, lol). So there was that satisfaction. Did I get a win or loss - I can't recall  (probably not).

Playing randoms in T1 - T4 these days with all the Bots - it's relatively easy to get Krakens - I never play co-ops (unless trying to get some stars in NBs).

Anyone who posts about their great co-op play in this post is, well, imo, farcially bragging about kindergarten level playing. 

Had some great games in the tier three Nassau last night, clubbed a couple seals in this one.Mightbeoverpowered.thumb.PNG.754bc5a496526cf671a143fa250ea196.PNG

Edited by AdmiralMcintosh
  • Like 1