[PSA] The last stage of Dockyard last just 7 days!

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

[PSA] The last stage of Dockyard last just 7 days!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Thanks 1

Yeah ground it out yesterday, mostly ops and coop wasnt fun but the Mickey is hilarious if nothing else

• Like 2

Second last dickyard missions only half done still and I doubt I have the time to finish the last stage. This is why I decided to never pay for these again in advance if at all. It's like work.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I met up against a pair of Michelangelos that were div up and boy, talk about area denial!  They just melted my BB.  It's worth the grind to get one if you can.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

and I doubt I have the time to finish the last stage.

The last stage is the work of two or three days' balls-deep fighting in co-op. 

I have advocated for not pre-paying from the start. All it takes is one lengthy interruption IRL and you are screwed. 

At least they didn't give us a humungous Base XP task this time!

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

dickyard missions

😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

WG really wanted for players to use all bonuses got from NY boxes to complete this. 

13 minutes ago, fumtu said:

WG really wanted for players to use all bonuses got from NY boxes to complete this. 

I don't give a flying fish. I poured all of that into finishing two ship grinds and a 21 point commander. I got my value's worth.

Wargaming evidently listened to the people who complained constantly about large base XP tasks in previous dockyards and changed it this time around.

• Like 1

I have advocated for not pre-paying from the start. All it takes is one lengthy interruption IRL and you are screwed. 

😂

Yeah that's way too much. I could conceivably pay for these events if they weren't time gated in such an inconvenient way.

Also oops. Touchscreen buttons are just way too small.

Hi all,

I did it all in Brawl & Ranked... I have 2 partial missions to finish:

• 750K (out of 2.5M) damage with guns
  • 40 (out of 45) citadels / kills by Cruiser

I am using USN Salem in CoOp for those last two...

Leo "Apollo11"

Edited by Leo_Apollo11

4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I am using USN Salem in CoOp for hjose last two...

I used the Tier 5 La Argentina (Pan-American line) for the citadels. Salem wasn't working for me for some reason, but I switched to La Argentina on the basis of previous experience and it was amazing. Probably will go back to Salem, Smolensk etc. for the gun damage, though.

• Like 3

Finished it Thursday in mostly Co-Op, so the final stage isn't really too difficult. No way near as bad as like having to grind 255k Commander experience for each ship type on the fourth stage.

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I used the Tier 5 La Argentina (Pan-American line) for the citadels. Salem wasn't working for me for some reason, but I switched to La Argentina on the basis of previous experience and it was amazing. Probably will go back to Salem, Smolensk etc. for the gun damage, though.

Didn't think to use the La Argentina. Remember using it when it first was released and able to easily get 10-12 citadels a game with it, lol.  Used the Stalingrad for the cruiser citadels and the Mecklenburg for the BB citadels since it has so many guns.

5 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

No way near as bad as like having to grind 255k Commander experience for each ship type on the fourth stage.

For TWO ship types. I found doing that finished off all the nonspecific tasks (and I somehow got a 2500 BXP game near the end of the cruiser CXP grind, which completed that directive and saved me a few red boosters at the end). 

Used the Stalingrad for the cruiser citadels

That will definitely do the job, yes!

and the Mecklenburg for the BB citadels since it has so many guns

I used American BBs at first, then switched to the Renown 44 when the Yanks started showing diminishing returns. Less than half the number of guns, but the secondaries and torpedoes helped make up for it in the number of kills. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
Typo

Just finished the 210k damage mission. The rest should be a piece of cake. Expecting to get Mickey over the weekend.

• Like 1

I am 5/6 done, with 210k dmg done in random, and cruisers 50 citadels and kills done.

I am halfway through 2.5mil main gun dmg mission so I probably would finish it off by Tuesday.

BTW: I havn't brought early starter pack and not bother to pay for full price, better save them for something better in the future. 

Edited by a252

I agree with the sentiments already expressed that this last stage is really not that bad, to the point that I don’t consider having only 1 week (vs. the usual 2) to finish it a big deal.

I completed 5 of 6 over the last two evenings in Coop, in sessions where I didn’t complete all 5 “dailies” either (this EA event is extremely disappointing). I played Akatsuki for the torpedo hit mission and alternated between various US CAs (Salem, Anchorage, Pensacola, Alaska, and PR) and abused their improved pen angles for the citadel mission. Everything else but the damage mission completed itself, and that’s sitting at about 1/3 done.

I’m chasing the Mega Containers, though. I have absolutely no interest in the ship at the end.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

I would agree that this last stage is not so difficult.  Kills plus torp hits or kills plus cits is as easy as it gets.  No BXP grind is a plus.  The real concern now is the question:  Is 1 week the new norm for the last stage, because that is new, it used to be 2 weeks.  So now is the last stage of the next dockyard going to be a nasty BXP grind with only 1 week?  Time will tell.

22 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

I would agree that this last stage is not so difficult.  Kills plus torp hits or kills plus cits is as easy as it gets.  No BXP grind is a plus.  The real concern now is the question:  Is 1 week the new norm for the last stage, because that is new, it used to be 2 weeks.  So now is the last stage of the next dockyard going to be a nasty BXP grind with only 1 week?  Time will tell.

The BXP grinds have always allowed two weeks, because it is quite involved.

The XP grinds were one week because WG expects people to throw on their best boosters and get it done fast - each of the two 255,000 CXP missions in one ship took me one day with red boosters and relatively mediocre results; better men than I could probably do both with blues or even greens across a week. 

Against that, this final directive took me just three days, and if I'd gone in for main battery damage last night instead of spamming DD torp hits I could have done it in two. 

That being said, it has been quite the grind and I had precisely two battles in my new ship this evening before deciding that my job was done here and it was time to call it quits for the day - plus among other things it's been a busy day at work and I'm physically tired. First impressions were good ones. The main guns being amidships bring all the troubles associated with the layout, but on the other hand they compensate by turning relatively quickly and BOTH being 360 degree rotators. And they do terrible things to broadside cruisers, yes siree, and seem to shoot well. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The BXP grinds have always allowed two weeks, because it is quite involved.

Hopefully that continues to be the case.  

50 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Hopefully that continues to be the case.  

I've always supported the choice of the BXP grind (even if I thought some of them were a bit steep in size terms) because it was a level playing field regardless of whether you had blue boosters, red boosters or no boosters at all. Others complained bitterly, of course, and it's a shame the other forums are gone because I would have loved to go back and see if the same people who were whining about the BXP grind back then also whined more recently about the need to use high-level boosters to do the XP and CXP tasks. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

It is quiet clear that the real hurdle was the stage with eliteXP on the classes. I will be ready with last stage today or tomorrow (steel rewards) so these two last stages were at least tolerable. But for casual players it is about reaching as far up the DY ladder as possible maybe 10-20 stages and be content with that.

Is that good? Well I think that if you invest more time and effort like i do I want more ofc. just like in real life.

Wrath of the bots: My last battle to finish the 1.500.000 main battery damage mission. The bots assembled their best ships but they failed utterly. This might be my co-op damage record:

WrathOfTheBots1.thumb.jpg.11b4a04cb65e3927f0c9d3169f7c3088.jpg

WrathOfTheBots2.thumb.jpg.16d459c5fa1fec0dfe4cc4ea6cbd4875.jpg

WrathOfTheBots3.thumb.jpg.5602a457ca82df81de95ce1d22e8c8cb.jpg

WrathOfTheBots4.thumb.jpg.bbc43d62f22e10bca9dd3ea6ee07f418.jpg

Mich1.thumb.jpg.24ca826d5219cb063d548a695e4d1b94.jpg

Mich2.thumb.jpg.8be5db15ed9c3505036b2b0af27ce4cf.jpg

Mich3.thumb.jpg.a5757f9e679c5615555f6758e574c0fc.jpg

Mich4.thumb.jpg.76fe1c301996e9d99ad86bea5f602b8b.jpg

Mich5.thumb.jpg.a4b7b85be5f955ecde5e81c206f93b7b.jpg

Also my first sortie with the new ships seems to be promising.

Edited by Ocsimano18
  • Like 1

I wrapped it up today. Actually finished this week's stages using green silver/xp boosts on Salem/Marceau/Smaland for the specific class missions and then only need about 50k capt xp to finish the 295k capt xp mission from last week. Threw on a blue booster and took care of it in 2 Mainz games in Ops

Edited by GandalfTehGray

Finished. Last two mega crates were blue credit boosters and ship xp. A disappointing finish but I am glad its over.

Missions were a bit more grindy then then the last dockyards, does this means that the ship is more worth it? hmm

I finished last night. Doing three class-damage tasks last week (DD, cruiser, BB) let me spread the 295,000 Commander XP task into this week and greatly reduced the daily total I would have to do, and this week's combat-related tasks got spammed out in co-op in next to no time, relatively speaking. It took me three days, and without a health-related IRL interruption on Thursday night (don't worry, I'm fine), I would have done it in two.

I would have taken a near-complete break today, but I had my stream and my Naval Battles to do, and that finished off the Battle Pass so I have literally nothing critical that needs accomplishing until the patch ends a couple of Wednesdays from now (I'd already decided I wasn't interested in power-grinding the Yorktown just to have Essex on day 1). I can afford to chill for a bit. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu