Dockyard as complete as it's ever going to be this time around.

Efros

995086e67e2412afb2233b6542a2e2c0.png

Not liking the looks of that bote or indeed the impression I'm getting from those that have her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Efros said:

Not liking the looks of that bote

I occasionally like to have ships in my port solely because they are weird AF or have some sort of historical interest. This one hearkens back to a past age, and when I saw her I instantly remembered:

image.thumb.png.5421bbc0a84e3fb3dd1eb361749a63f1.png

image.png.8fb7ff85c8ffe7bf628d7f5ca21d6163.png

The difference being that on a battlecruiser with a high length-to-beam ratio, there is no reasonable way to stagger the turrets for end-on fire the way they did back then.

Then again, the end-on fire was part of naval doctrine of a time in which gun range was no more than a few thousand yards and which frequently intended to lead to a ramming attack, and Michelangelo represents an era where that doctrine had long since been repudiated and where broadside or angled shots came to dominate.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

my last two dockyards looking like:

image.png.74306e08270d9b7d3a7fe7410356fe35.png

qe4ge5rh3e5h.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Efros said:

the impression I'm getting from those that have her.

She's quite fun in Coop (built extra-manly, naturally), and I quite like the lunatic layout, for novelty value.

No idea what a competent player would make of her though (especially if they have Napoli already - it is Napoli I'm thinking of, right?)...

I've nabbed her because I have mild completist OCD, plus some extra steel is always useful, but for someone sensible I don't think she's probably worth knocking your pans out for.

• Like 2

Its a ridiculous grind I'll never have the free time to complete ON TOP of having to pay doubloons to get it. I'll never have a dockyard ship. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Its a ridiculous grind I'll never have the free time to complete ON TOP of having to pay doubloons to get it. I'll never have a dockyard ship. 

Some of the Dockyard ships have been worth a few doubloons, but this is one chocolate teapot that will not get finished with doubloons...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Infidel said:

Some of the Dockyard ships have been worth a few doubloons, but this is one chocolate teapot that will not get finished with doubloons...

Hizen was my first T9. ZF-6 was awesome fun. Schroder was a brute in Clan Battles a couple of season ago (hard push with secondary build Mass + 2 Schroders for the win). Most of the rest have been "meh" and this one is definitely in that category for me. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I have mild completist OCD.

Don't worry WG will eventually cure you of that!

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

TBH the grind is not nearly as onerous or tricksy as previous dockyards.

For me after getting 3 daily boxes, and 23 event points, weekly dockyard missions are done in 4-5 days.  Of course blue boosters are used when appropriate. 

I completed the Dockyard yesterday, and the Michelangelo is the strangest ship I have every played in this game.  The main battery does not come into play unless you turn the ship broadside (not always a smart thing to do).  It is very strange to approach another ship head-on and have to wait until your secondaries are in range in order to shoot.  

you don't grind this ship for performance, you do it because it's a floating meme.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

you don't grind this ship for performance, you do it because it's a floating meme.

You're not wrong there. But just as I ground the Italian Battleships because of all the Roman-themed stuff, I will get this meme because she hearkens back to what is basically the 19th Century's equivalent of the Yamato.

13 hours ago, Efros said:

995086e67e2412afb2233b6542a2e2c0.png

Not liking the looks of that bote or indeed the impression I'm getting from those that have her.

I liked what I saw from the reviews, quirky enough to peak my interest in getting her.

However, the only reason I believe I stand a chance at getting her is because I got the more expensive pack at the beginning. But that means I won't be able to get the extra I usually got by buying the larger pack.

Whether it is me playing less, or the way each stage was organised, this scenario has helped me realise I  am not in a position to do any further dockyards, because whether the objectives were harder, or I just played less - it is no longer worth what is being asked (for me anyway). <O

The Dockyard events are basically sales on premium ships, which require a bit of playing time to activate.

The original Puerto Rico event nearly ruined it, but thankfully WG salvaged the concept.

I have completed every Dockyard event starting after the first PR (Odin, Anchorage, Hizen, ZF-6, De Zeven Provincien, Marlborough, Atlantico, Puerto Rico, Admiral Schroder, Daisen, and Lushun).  For all but one of those events I have only bought the smallest starter pack, which represented the cheapest way to complete each Dockyard (ranging from 3,500-7,000 doubloons).  I am within 1M damage of completing this Michelangelo Dockyard event.

For me, Dockyard events offer a pretty good value.  The ship is reasonably priced and you get a lot of other stuff along the way.  If you are a "not another dime" type, obviously a single doubloon is too much.  My kids have been out of the house for over 10 years and I am retiring next week, so I have the time to complete the "grinds" without seeming like a grind.

Edited by desmo_2

Just killed one of those in my Napoli (which I am enjoying immensely now that I finally have my hands on one)

16 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I'll never have a dockyard ship. 

Not even...

Dockyard.png

...?

I did get one more.

Dockyard-2.png

My first and last. She was such a turd, as released, that I said never more.

Edited by Andrewbassg