So the Star Emissaries ships are back...

Ensign Cthulhu

This time, however, the pile you have to dig through to guarantee you the ships and commanders seems to be significantly deeper and more expensive.

The last time they did this, buying your way to the end was fully cost-effective and gave an appropriate return on investment spent. This time, it is very definitely NOT, and I wouldn't encourage you to spend to the bottom like I did last time.

That being said, a premium Kitakaze can be a very useful thing, even if the torps are limited to F3's (8km range), and relative newcomers wouldn't exactly do badly to grab the premium Edinburgh clone either. If they're first on the stack, GET THEM. Otherwise steer clear.

• Like 1

Its amazing WeeGee's ability to prey its players. They now have 4 simultaneous events aimed at draining players money. And they are all very, VERY costly for a simple game. This one is a hard pass. Get the free ships from tech tree. They are even better than these they are offering.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This time, however, the pile you have to dig through to guarantee you the ships and commanders seems to be significantly deeper and more expensive.

The last time they did this, buying your way to the end was fully cost-effective and gave an appropriate return on investment spent. This time, it is very definitely NOT, and I wouldn't encourage you to spend to the bottom like I did last time.

That being said, a premium Kitakaze can be a very useful thing, even if the torps are limited to F3's (8km range), and relative newcomers wouldn't exactly do badly to grab the premium Edinburgh clone either. If they're first on the stack, GET THEM. Otherwise steer clear.

did you see bundles for Rhode Island

2000 doublons for ultra bad bundles that doesnt get anything in return of that 2000 doublons for me to even try yo gamble

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

did you see bundles for Rhode Island

Yes.

My general principle on bundles is that if a major prize is first in line, grab it. Otherwise don't go digging for it. 

It doesn't necessarily have to be a premium ship. For example, if the first thing in a 2000db-per-shot bundle chain was an econ bonus for a T10 ship, I would get it at once because you normally have to pay almost 5000db for those. 

The Rhode Island chain is like a version of Jabba the Hutt that's 3000 feet tall, greedily shoving piles of doubloons into its mouth. I'm not going to feed that particular monster because the ship was not up front for me; and even if I were a billionaire and WG were giving me a hundred thousand doubloons a week, I would still call it a bad bargain unless the ship was up front. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 4

I lucked out the last time WG did Star Emissaries.  Star Kitakaze was first up.  Easy pickup for 1500 doubloons.  Not so lucky this time, so hard pass.

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 3

On 1/24/2024 at 3:02 PM, Slammer58 said:

I lucked out the last time WG did Star Emissaries.  Star Kitakaze was first up.  Easy pickup for 1500 doubloons.  Not so lucky this time, so hard pass.

It was 1500 last time?  I got it for 600 now, on my secondary account.