Beat the Pro Tournament

majmac

Reading through the news and seeing the boosters that players can buy to enhance their chances to win, I wonder whether WG is testing the popularity of "pay-to-win"?

The boosters cost silver.

• Confused 1

What booster are you talking about? Eco boosters won’t help you to play well. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, majmac said:

Reading through the news and seeing the boosters that players can buy to enhance their chances to win, I wonder whether WG is testing the popularity of "pay-to-win"?

The game is already pay-to-win...signal purchases are a better way to win the battle than boosters...

46 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

What booster are you talking about? Eco boosters won’t help you to play well. 

See item on news page in game. You will see the link there.

OR...

The link (copy and paste into your browser) for the costs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSMxrUlx1B3M9PbnLdUFtNeb3lZiGjqeOO8XLtL3MJIQ6yooD-2zNzhKagT3peozo0MxD-mZtxcXhen/pubhtml?gid=539524569&single=true

Edited by majmac
  • Confused 1

How is buying signals and eco boosters pay to win?

Sounds like pay to progress faster

Edited by Beleaf
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, majmac said:

you obviusly didnt watch the last beat the pro. Boosters are for amateur teams in order to gain advantage over pro teams to win. and nowhere does it says it costs silver.

4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

you obviusly didnt watch the last beat the pro. Boosters are for amateur teams in order to gain advantage over pro teams to win. and nowhere does it says it costs silver.

From what the stream hosts said, the challenger did have to pay for their boosts and the various boost choices had different values.  Some were wicked overpowered, like no heals for the pros, etc.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

First, go and look, then get back here.

6 hours ago, majmac said:

OR...

The link (copy and paste into your browser) for the costs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSMxrUlx1B3M9PbnLdUFtNeb3lZiGjqeOO8XLtL3MJIQ6yooD-2zNzhKagT3peozo0MxD-mZtxcXhen/pubhtml?gid=539524569&single=true

Wat...is.....this.....D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gif

Gives me  YuoTYube Hero Wars ad vibes....Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84b

35 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Wat...is.....this.....D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gif

Gives me  YuoTYube Hero Wars ad vibes....Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84b

Sorry! It worked for me, but I use DuckDuckGo and its in-browser YouTube viewer (which has no advertisements).

Just go into the game and the News section and find the highlighted link.

I hop that helps.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, majmac said:

Sorry! It worked for me, but I use DuckDuckGo and its in-browser YouTube viewer (which has no advertisements).

Just go into the game and the News section and find the highlighted link.

I hop that helps.

No....I mean, I saw it alright, talking about the content and the concept.  Its like the +/-  and the */: thingy in those ads....

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, majmac said:

First, go and look, then get back here.

Yes I did, did you

12 hours ago, majmac said:

OR...

Heh.  Well that sounds like some niche-market entertainment hijinx.  😄 

It looks like there is an extensive booster list, looking at the article from 1/17.  Maybe its old news now?  For example "Pro team is not allowed to use any heals."  It appears to cost 7500, 10000, or 12500 something, assuming silver.  Some boosters take a whole paragraph to describe.  It does say WIP.