Tip - adjust your Windows page file size if you have not already

Tpaktop2_1 NA

Something I would like to capture some tech tips from the old WoWS forums before they are gone

My Windows 10 blew up on me and I had to rebuild the system. However, after the rebuild I was plagued with performance errors such as indexing not working properly, searching for files was lagging, games once a week freezing, etc.

And when playing with WoWS, it was different.  I had this problem recently:

I turns out I had forgot to adjust my page file Virtual Memory (Pagefile) after the install. Windows had defaulted the setting for a 32gb memory in the motherboard for the following auto parameters where set by Windows. The settings were set to min 16mb to max 4,982mb. What it should have been set to as a custom starting at 48,000mb to 128,000mb. The min setting should be 1.5x your total memory and the max is 4x your total memory. It is all explained here in the Tom's Hardware article. And remember the settings is in MB. Adjust accordingly.

This webpage too was helpful in tracking the problem. 

I liked the performance monitor (#3) tool in showing if your Window's system is having a problem with their settings in the reports. I ran it with WoWS and got some feedback on my system's performance. Were good now.

The adjustment setting may or may not help you in your WoWS performance. However this is a basic item that all gamers need to look so that you can play with no worries from your computer. Give it a try and let me know how it went.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1 NA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Something I would like to capture some tech tips from the old WoWS forums before they are gone

My Windows 10 blew up on me and I had to rebuild the system. However, after the rebuild I was plagued with performance errors such as indexing not working properly, searching for files was lagging, games once a week freezing, etc.

And when playing with WoWS, it was different.  I had this problem recently:

I turns out I had forgot to adjust my page file Virtual Memory (Pagefile) after the install. Windows had defaulted the setting for a 32gb memory in the motherboard for the following auto parameters where set by Windows. The settings were set to min 16mb to max 4,982mb. What it should have been set to as a custom starting at 48,000mb to 128,000mb. The min setting should be 1.5x your total memory and the max is 4x your total memory. It is all explained here in the Tom's Hardware article. And remember the settings is in MB. Adjust accordingly.

This webpage too was helpful in tracking the problem. 

I liked the performance monitor (#3) tool in showing if your Window's system is having a problem with their settings in the reports. I ran it with WoWS and got some feedback on my system's performance. Were good now.

The adjustment setting may or may not help you in your WoWS performance. However this is a basic item that all gamers need to look so that you can play with no worries from your computer. Give it a try and let me know how it went.

You forgot to include the link, though, it seems.

9 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You forgot to include the link, though, it seems.

I got it corrected. I missed the two links

Edited by Tpaktop2_1 NA
  • Thanks 1