What the......!!!

USMC2145

I thought they decided mines were a bad idea and this CV seem to never run out of planes.. Is this on the RU server?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

Is this on the RU server?

Yes.

The guy does 80k dropping on minefield right in front of a BB that had no way of avoiding it.

Wow, havn't played this game since first patch of the year dropped because i didn't want to play this garbage.   Are you all telling me mines are only on RU server and they canceled them for US?

Edited by WES_HoundDog

A few months back, WG tested new CV mechanics on the live server: they brought back the old IJN CVs with smoke curtain and the old US CVs (+Yorktown, -Bogue) with minefields.

WG chose to implement the US CVs with the gimmick tested on the IJN CVs, while Lesta did the opposite and implemented mines on a new (recycled) IJN CV line.

Edited by Nevermore135

44 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Wow, haven't played this game since first patch of the year dropped because i didn't want to play this garbage.   Are you all telling me mines are only on RU server and they canceled them for US?

The status of air-dropped mines is unknown on Wargaming's end

Hopefully never

It shows a remarkable disconnect between the developer and the player base. If sea mines were the gimmick of some new DD line, maybe, but definitely not CVs.

53 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

The guy does 80k dropping on minefield right in front of a BB that had no way of avoiding it.

I watched the replay.
Yes, 80k was done to the Preussen who sailed into the minefield. From playing the test server (unless it was changed on the RU server) the mines took time to activate and all players know where the zone is.

There was plenty of time for the Preussen to steer clear from the initial drop. Had he turned left, he would have avoided the mines, but he chose to sail through them. The Incomparable took only one mine leaving the zone.

I'd also point out that neither BB sent in the depth charge planes to blow up the mines. Was that removed from the RU server as it was a thing on the test server. In fact, as a DD, I could sail through the minefield and drop DCs to clear the field out for larger ships.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I watched the replay.
Yes, 80k was done to the Preussen who sailed into the minefield. From playing the test server (unless it was changed on the RU server) the mines took time to activate and all players know where the zone is.

There was plenty of time for the Preussen to steer clear from the initial drop. Had he turned left, he would have avoided the mines, but he chose to sail through them. The Incomparable took only one mine leaving the zone.

I'd also point out that neither BB sent in the depth charge planes to blow up the mines. Was that removed from the RU server as it was a thing on the test server. In fact, as a DD, I could sail through the minefield and drop DCs to clear the field out for larger ships.

From what I saw from a live stream the mines activate on drop. Not sure if it will stay that way. Also it seems they have a larger area that can make them detonate you don't have to hit them. 

Edited by 3LUE

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

A few months back, WG tested new CV mechanics on the live server: they brought back the old IJN CVs with smoke curtain and the old US CVs (+Yorktown, -Bogue) with minefields.

WG chose to implement the US CVs with the gimmick tested on the IJN CVs, while Lesta did the opposite and implemented mines on a new (recycled) IJN CV line.

From what i saw, the planes that dropped the mines also drops smoke screens.

3 hours ago, 3LUE said:

From what I saw from a live stream the mines activate on drop. Not sure if it will stay that way. Also it seems they have a larger area that can make them detonate you don't have to hit them. 

Going by the replay OP provided, there is a 25 second delay from the player 'dropping' the mines and them becoming active. If you watch it, you can see the countdown right over where the mines were dropped.

As for the larger det, we'd need the replay from one of the ships in the mines to really see if they hit them or not.