No wonder I'm losing interest

SunkCostFallacy

Got a match on Hotspot.

I spawned in the middle at the top of the map, and started heading south.

The bots ALL went to the flanks.

As a result of the bots behavior I got very little to shoot at. The bots and what they do, mind you, are WGs responsibility. So if the bots don't give me much opportunity to do damage, it's WGs fault ... not mine.

So I headed to the capture point and capped it.

I should note that at one point I actually stopped to get what little damage I could during the brief window that I did have Line of Sight on some bots, and then headed to the cap ... something no bot would do.

The result:

shot-24_01.22_10_34.45-0437.thumb.jpg.c34d281115d98bd80a0e41012085534f.jpg

I was already annoyed that I'd had such a crappy game ... and THAT garbage is NOT the way to make he happier about playing WoWS.

On top of that I've already had two games where I was effectively griefed by the bot sub pinging me non-stop but never firing a torp at me, making me take non-optimal actions in case there were torps headed my way and therefore resulting in me doing minimal damage.

End of (mild) Rant.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2
  • Bored 2

Yes, WG has accomplished the near impossible very easily on their part - having players gain a victory & having a bitter taste in one's mouth at the same time.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

and then headed to the cap

So instead of turning about and making for one flank or the other to join the fight, you sat in a standard cap for the whole time it took to capture it and ended the game that way before all the red bots were dead? Have I deduced that right? And then you have the gall to complain that the game penalized you for not moving and not shooting?

2 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I've already had two games where I was effectively griefed by the bot sub pinging me non-stop but never firing a torp at me, making me take non-optimal actions in case there were torps headed my way

You let yourself be terrorized by a BOT SUB. Let that sink in. 

@ArIskandir, can you please help this chap learn to deal aggressively with red bot subs in co-op? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Bored 5

40 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So instead of turning about and making for one flank or the other to join the fight, you sat in a standard cap for the whole time it took to capture it and ended the game that way before all the red bots were dead? Have I deduced that right? And then you have the gall to complain that the game penalized you for not moving and not shooting?

It was a domination match, and there was time after I capped to turn around and head north to try to get into range of the remaining bot. However I didn't get into range in time.

So basically everything you said was wrong.

I won't continue to respond because I'm already in a bad mood due to RL and the game and nobody wants to hear what I think of your arrogant response.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

@ArIskandir, can you please help this chap learn to deal aggressively with red bot subs in co-op? 

The man capped (which is an action) and then also did damage...and the system designed to catch INACTIVITY punished him for playing the game AS DESIGNED.

It's a broken system...don't defend it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The man capped (which is an action) and then also did damage

Clearly not enough of both, or the game wouldn't have penalized him. 

I've had plenty of battles (including one just this afternoon) where I did hardly any damage due to fast, high-DPM ships killing everything before I could accomplish much, but I didn't get penalized for any of them like this. This leads me to think there's a fair bit we're not being told. 

17 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

It was a domination match, and there was time after I capped to turn around and head north to try to get into range of the remaining bot. However I didn't get into range in time.

OK then, I stand corrected on that - but you knew where the fight was and you still wasted time capping instead of making a bee-line for the fight (which is the critical thing to do in co-op).

What I said to Daniel also applies. I had a trash game this afternoon where I did hardly any more damage than you did here, possibly less, but I didn't get zeroed. So what were you doing, or NOT doing, that got you zeroed? 

• Sad 1
  • Bored 5

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I've had plenty of battles (including one just this afternoon) where I did hardly any damage due to fast, high-DPM ships killing everything before I could accomplish much, but I didn't get penalized for any of them like this. This leads me to think there's a fair bit we're not being told. 

OK then, I stand corrected on that - but you knew where the fight was and you still wasted time capping instead of making a bee-line for the fight (which is the critical thing to do in co-op).

What I said to Daniel also applies. I had a trash game this afternoon where I did hardly any more damage than you did here, possibly less, but I didn't get zeroed. So what were you doing, or NOT doing, that got you zeroed? 

I currently have 17470 matches in WoWS.

I have never been zeroed before, even in matches where I was disconnected. I have had matches which were as poor as this one, and not been zeroed.

Frankly ... I find your posts in this thread to be offensive and because of the text I highlighted in bold above, I'm throwing you into the bit bucket ... so this will be the last time I see one of your posts.

Goodbye.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Bored 1

51 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The point of the zeroed system is to catch AWAY FROM KEYBOARD players...

It is currently set in such a way that we get daily complaints across WG social media of people getting nothing despite playing the game as intended.

There is literally no reason to blame the player for a system that is well known to be flawed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

but you knew where the fight was and you still wasted time capping instead of making a bee-line for the fight (which is the critical thing to do in co-op).

Oh....lemme explain. He gone for the cap, which means time,  stopped in the cap, which also means time . In the meantime the bots got slaughtered and as he was already cheesed off.....he gave up on moving towards the fight, because when he would have arrived, it would have been over anyway.

Before you  jump, keep in mind that a game is about having fun. Not providing that crucial incentive is entirely Wedgie's fault.

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

A bot sub which has a a mechanic at its disposal , which is distinctively unfun to deal with, as is the whole class. And again, a game is supposed to be, ya know.... fun.

That's why people were and  are up in arms against subs , because of their dented, dishonest and distinctively unfun implementation. And guess who did that. Not to mention the fact, that is really REALLY stupid to multiply unfun elements in a ....game. Cv;s were already more than enough.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

A bot sub which has a a mechanic at its disposal , which is distinctively unfun to deal with, as is the whole class. And again, a game is supposed to be, ya know.... fun.

Ironically the reason I had suboptimal games when I was being spam-pinged was that I turned from shooting ships to attacking the subs ... which we all know is going to result in reduced damaged done, therefore reduced XP.

So instead of racking up lots of damage on BBs and cruisers ... I had to spend my time doing splash damage to porpoising bot subs that were outside the range of my airstrike because for some reason the aircraft called by a Salem can't fly as far as the aircraft called by a BB facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

Anyway - enough of this thread ... I'm gonna go continue my search for enjoyable games that will run on win7.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Takže místo toho, abyste se otočili a zamířili na jedno nebo druhé křídlo, abyste se zapojili do boje, seděli jste ve standardní čepici po celou dobu, kterou trvalo jeho obsazení, a ukončili jste tak hru dříve, než byli všichni červení boti mrtví? Vydedukoval jsem si to správně? A pak máte tu drzost si stěžovat, že vás hra penalizovala za to, že jste se nehýbali a nestříleli?

Necháte se terorizovat BOT SUB. Nechte to vstřebat.

@ArIskandir, můžete prosím pomoci tomuto chlapíkovi naučit se agresivně jednat s Red Bot Subs v kooperaci?

Cestování za mapou je velká zábava

Translation:

So instead of turning around and heading to one flank or the other to engage in combat, you sat in your standard cap for the entire time it took to capture it, ending the game before all the red bots were dead? Did I deduce it correctly? And then you have the audacity to complain that the game penalized you for not moving and not shooting?

You let yourself be terrorized by a BOT SUB. Let it sink in.

@ArIskandir, can you please help this guy learn how to aggressively deal with Red Bot Subs in co-op?

Traveling behind the map is a lot of fun

Edited by HogHammer
Clarity for reader
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In most of the games i have played in co-op the moment a bot sub rears its ugly head it gets gang-banged ,excuse the phrase by any human player in range of it.

Either way it was just an unlucky game for you- happens to every wow players.

In the past i have lost useless karma when someone in binocular view rammed my ship while i was defending a cap,he was after a BB which i sunk.

Always remember in co-op its always a kill fest,not a cap fest,all other obectives take second place to the killing.

• Like 4

The low scores of credits and XP should have been penalty enough for "only" capping.  I've had similar games (co op) in subs, where you might struggle to get to the fight before the game ends.  I disagree about the player, the customer, being penalized like this.  I'm not jumping on the hate-wagon, but I think WG could do a better job of rooting out the problems without irritating players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

I think WG could do a better job of rooting out the problems without irritating players.

LOL. You are kidding, right? Or being sarcastic? Surely, you don't expect WG to do a better job 'rooting out the  problems without irritating players'. 

That ship sailed long ago & sank on the Ocean Map. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Got a match on Hotspot.

I spawned in the middle at the top of the map, and started heading south.

The bots ALL went to the flanks.

As a result of the bots behavior I got very little to shoot at. The bots and what they do, mind you, are WGs responsibility. So if the bots don't give me much opportunity to do damage, it's WGs fault ... not mine.

So I headed to the capture point and capped it.

I should note that at one point I actually stopped to get what little damage I could during the brief window that I did have Line of Sight on some bots, and then headed to the cap ... something no bot would do.

The result:

shot-24_01.22_10_34.45-0437.thumb.jpg.c34d281115d98bd80a0e41012085534f.jpg

I was already annoyed that I'd had such a crappy game ... and THAT garbage is NOT the way to make he happier about playing WoWS.

On top of that I've already had two games where I was effectively griefed by the bot sub pinging me non-stop but never firing a torp at me, making me take non-optimal actions in case there were torps headed my way and therefore resulting in me doing minimal damage.

End of (mild) Rant.

This happens *very often* in coop nowadays. A single bot, usually a destroyer or cruiser, comes towards your flank, the rest of them move to the other side of the map.

3 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

Ironically the reason I had suboptimal games when I was being spam-pinged was that I turned from shooting ships to attacking the subs ... which we all know is going to result in reduced damaged done, therefore reduced XP.

So instead of racking up lots of damage on BBs and cruisers ... I had to spend my time doing splash damage to porpoising bot subs that were outside the range of my airstrike because for some reason the aircraft called by a Salem can't fly as far as the aircraft called by a BB facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

Anyway - enough of this thread ... I'm gonna go continue my search for enjoyable games that will run on win7.

This is also my experience with bot subs.

It is truly remarkable how the game designers/programmers have managed to ruin a game mode where I could just do my thing without bothering anyone (shoot at bots and take a cap, or even two) by changing the bot behavior. Their movement makes no sense at all.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 8ka said:

Cestování za mapou je velká zábava

Traveling behind the map is a lot of fun ?

Welcome aboard!

Please remember to post in English. We do not have a Czechoslovak section nor staff that can moderate in that language. Other languages (with translations) are only used in the Clan section. https://www.devstrike.net/forum/37-clan-recruitment-center/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sambo_Cigars said:

This happens *very often* in coop nowadays. A single bot, usually a destroyer or cruiser, comes towards your flank, the rest of them move to the other side of the map.

That's kind of interesting, I haven't paid attention to this lately. I've always tended to go to the middle of the map in coop myself, on the assumption that the center is where everybody is headed.

@SunkCostFallacy Your results are kind of weird, the penalty that is. Since you have damage caused and ribbons to show... this only makes sense if the system is broken or if there is some threshold you need to cross and they raise the bar the higher the tier. You could maybe want to submit a ticket to hear the response. Alternatively, you could pop into hell and ask the question there if the staff had the time to answer you in between stoking up the pain and misery that goes along with that place, the name of which we shall not say out loud here on the proper forum.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Welcome aboard!

Please remember to post in English. We do not have a Czechoslovak section nor staff that can moderate in that language. Other languages (with translations) are only used in the Clan section. https://www.devstrike.net/forum/37-clan-recruitment-center/

Now that's COOL!

When I plugged your signature text into google translate, it had a fit and came back with nothing.

Now I know what it says SaluteSmiley.gif.d201e2f70da9e26e45200f81833dbaa0.gif

• Like 3

I can confirm that the bot behavior in coop changed. For the worse. I'm certain WG is fiddling with bot programming and not telling us about it.

I previously played coop more, as I could play the spread with even high tier ships. But now I mostly play 2-3 randoms, and stop. Sometimes even less.

PS: I also see much more +2 uptier games in randoms, or double CV games. And I'm always on the receiving end.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

I can confirm that the bot behavior in coop changed. For the worse. I'm certain WG is fiddling with bot programming and not telling us about it.

I previously played coop more, as I could play the spread with even high tier ships. But not I mostly play 2-3 randoms, and stop. Sometimes even less.

PS: I also see much more +2 uptier games in randoms, or double CV games. And I'm always on the receiving end.

So... the bots are having more fun and engagement than we the players are. And they get all their ships for free!

• Haha 6

Well, the conduct of the battle against bots isn't the issue....they're bots, and no one goes into a COOP battle expecting either a game where they will have a real battle or one where they will perform actions beyond 'chase the target my code says to go after'.  The issue is the 'Unsporting Conduct' flag despite having taken actions such as capping.  I don't understand, based on what is being told, why that was applied, so either the mechanism in place isn't working as it should, or something else happened to cause it.  A replay might help understand which it was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

Well, the conduct of the battle against bots isn't the issue....they're bots, and no one goes into a COOP battle expecting either a game where they will have a real battle or one where they will perform actions beyond 'chase the target my code says to go after'.  The issue is the 'Unsporting Conduct' flag despite having taken actions such as capping.  I don't understand, based on what is being told, why that was applied, so either the mechanism in place isn't working as it should, or something else happened to cause it.  A replay might help understand which it was. 

Well, people go into coop without the expectation the bots will be hiding or running away...

9 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

. I find your posts in this thread to be offensive

Isn't that a bit much when asked for reasons or being critizised? Being offended seems to be the dominant fashion of our time and that's very unfortunate. You have to live with people, who don't share your opinions 1 : 1. As a matter of fact, COOP isn't the most difficult game mode in WoW and complaining about the behaviour of a sub, most of us hate them including me, sounds kind of pathetic. 

Edited by OT2_2
  • Bored 1

9 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

Isn't that a bit much when asked for reasons or being critizised? Being offended seems to be the dominant fashion of our time and that's very unfortunate. You have to live with people, who don't share your opinions 1 : 1. As a matter of fact, COOP isn't the most difficult game mode in WoW and complaining about the behaviour of a sub, most of us hate them including me, sounds kind of pathetic. 

The OP isn't the first one offended in the thread...

• Like 2