Twitch (or WG) Really Putting the Screws to Ops players.

xamdam

Prime Gaming Twitch Rewards really have gone down the loo. No patch "reward" anymore, and the missions available for hours of viewing are really skewed. 

Example 1: Twitch Prime containers give a camo that can't be sold.
image.thumb.jpeg.38e12609233700b070cad4fc95a694fc.jpeg
Example 2: Completion Criteria for Operations is 2,222 bxp in a single battle... lol 
image.thumb.jpeg.efa2a3321f63d371d236ee4396068cb7.jpeg

Since they nerfed Ops "economy", 1,800 bxp is a "GG". 2K is exceptionally good and rare unless you spawn camp (I don't, have watched others...) and have a team that can pick up the rest of the objectives. 2.22k? I haven't seen that in a long time.

Sorry "Collaborators", you need to provide more incentive for me to watch Twitch streams than this. I'll watch some for educational purposes or to relieve boredom but... hours required for this snub? No thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You need to understand, the increased bXP requirements are due to the artificial sub bXP earnings, which skew the average up.

WG employees are not trained to calculate things and think at the same time. So they can't apply common sense. And they don't really play the game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

And this "Flag-o-Rama" mission. Burn signals so you can earn a few back? lol 
Yep, great minds at work there...

• Like 4

There was a Mystery drop. The thing is it doesn't start counting down the hour unless you watch the official World of Warships update stream on Thursday 5pm GMT and you must complete it during that stream as the other streams won't count towards it. 

The other wow streams do count for the mission drop and the twitch container drop.

I missed a Thursday stream partially and didn't finish the mystery drop. So on Friday the official world of warships channel had a Portugal stream and I finished the mystery drop on that stream. The others I watched some Carbine Carlito and Lord_Zath to finish the mission and container drop.

I wish we could still sell the camo but it is what it is. The bxp, there are really good players in randoms that do that kind of performance no problem. I am not one of them but I usually get the mission done quickly nonetheless. At least is is not a 5o% return for ops players.

I really don't need more incentive. I watch a little extra twitch from time to time to see what good players are doing. There are some new people streaming and I do not watch them if my regular pros are on. 

On one hand it is a way to get a few rewards. What are you really expecting for a little bit of your time? My first mystery drop in November I got the Hornet, since then it has been tokens.

Edited by thornzero
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thornzero said:

There was a Mystery drop. The thing is it doesn't start counting down the hour unless you watch the official World of Warships update stream on Thursday 5pm GMT and you must complete it during that stream as the other streams won't count towards it. 

The other wow streams do count for the mission drop and the twitch container drop.

I missed a Thursday stream partially and didn't finish the mystery drop. So on Friday the official world of warships channel had a Portugal stream and I finished the mystery drop on that stream. The others I watched some Carbine Carlito and Lord_Zath to finish the mission and container drop.

I wish we could still sell the camo but it is what it is. The bxp, there are really good players in randoms that do that kind of performance no problem. I am not one of them but I usually get the mission done quickly nonetheless. At least is is not a 5o% return for ops players.

I really don't need more incentive. I watch a little extra twitch from time to time to see what good players are doing. There are some new people streaming and I do not watch them if my regular pros are on. 

On one hand it is a way to get a few rewards. What are you really expecting for a little bit of your time? My first mystery drop in November I got the Hornet, since then it has been tokens.

"At least is is not a 5o% return for ops players."

No, it's nigh impossible!

"What are you really expecting for a little bit of your time?"
Something worth my time. I value it.

Twitch used to drop things that actually were useful to me. My highpoint was when I got a Missouri (credit-nerfed) in one. Now, meh. No, I don't expect a ship every time. But something that I can at the very least convert into credits might be nice. I don't use camos. Giving me a mission that's "supposed" to be doable in Operations, but in reality is not is a snub. WG, Prime Gaming or both need to think about that. They do pay people to put this stuff together, don't they? Or is it some broken algorithm spitting it out each patch?

• Like 1

777k damage is impossible? In ops? 

I mean grinding cexp or fexp sounds like it would be impossible in ops but not damage. Damage in dockyard is 5o% in ops. I could see that dockyard will take some time in ops but that isn't impossible either.

I do need to watch the professionals in twitch a little so it is a value to my time plus a few bonuses. I guess twitch isn't for you. But there is a lot more of the game than just ops and if WG is catering to anyone its random players. Risk / Reward scenario.

When I started I played a lot of co-op. Since last autumn I've been focusing on randoms and brawls and a little ranked. To be honest, ops doesn't interest me too much but I realise there is a bunch of players involved.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, thornzero said:

No, getting 2.2k base XP in a single Ops game is impossible.

The posted screenshot clearly shows the 777k damage part only counts for COOP, randumbs, ranked, and brawls.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No, getting 2.2k base XP in a single Ops game is impossible.

The posted screenshot clearly shows the 777k damage part only counts for COOP, randumbs, ranked, and brawls.

This.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, thornzero said:

I mean grinding cexp or fexp sounds like it would be impossible in ops but not damage. Damage in dockyard is 5o% in ops. I could see that dockyard will take some time in ops but that isn't impossible either.

I do need to watch the professionals in twitch a little so it is a value to my time plus a few bonuses. I guess twitch isn't for you. But there is a lot more of the game than just ops and if WG is catering to anyone its random players. Risk / Reward scenario.

When I started I played a lot of co-op. Since last autumn I've been focusing on randoms and brawls and a little ranked. To be honest, ops doesn't interest me too much but I realise there is a bunch of players involved.

"But there is a lot more of the game than just ops and if WG is catering to anyone its random players. Risk / Reward scenario."

Umm... yes. I've been here since closed beta so, 9 years now? I know very well they want to push players to PVP. They always have. And that's where I did my first near 5K battles. Until they decided to radically change it with the CV rework and later submarines. I switched to Operations with the CV rework.

The 206 444 / 777 777 you see in my screenshot is from my recent foray back into testing the waters of randoms. FWIW, I don't find them much fun at all (and as, if not more, obnoxious than ever as far as in game chat / banter goes). Operations are stale too, mainly because WG refuses to put effort into them and when they do, they reduce the rewards. Yet, I've invested a lot of time (and more money than any other PC game I've ever "owned" / played) so I do value my time spent. Sorry if I'm coming off harsh. Perhaps you didn't bother to look me up in the stats. I am not a new player. And I feel for the people today that are.

Yes, my mistake. That makes no sense then. I understand ops cannot do that kind of bxp in one match. That must be the first 13.o mission which is already expired.

This weekend is the second mission. So now the ops people are sort of screwed out of getting the three missions done for the award container.

I just can't imagine only playing one game mode? You guys play only ops all the time? I imagine you would be missing out on alot.

twit.jpg

• Like 1

And... Yes, I could jump into Randoms to complete the mission if I really wanted to. But that's not the point of this thread.

• Like 2

I play ranked from time to time. But most of my ships are specialized for Operations. I know what I'm not missing in Randoms. Brawls, aren't always available during my main hours (ranked as well) since I live in Japan. The issue with Operations is a long story... So much potential lost by WG in their refusal to make them more appealing. But that's for another thread.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, xamdam said:

Perhaps you didn't bother to look me up in the stats. I am not a new player.

I usually only look up people if they are really giving me a hard time. Out of the handful that have one of them was a kots winner and 57% in randoms. The other 4 were all in the 4o%.

I better understand where you are coming from.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Aragathor said:

You need to understand, the increased bXP requirements are due to the artificial sub bXP earnings, which skew the average up.

WG employees are not trained to calculate things and think at the same time. So they can't apply common sense. And they don't really play the game.

But, Submarines are excluded from all but one of the Scenario Operations.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, xamdam said:

Prime Gaming Twitch Rewards really have gone down the loo. No patch "reward" anymore, and the missions available for hours of viewing are really skewed. 

Example 1: Twitch Prime containers give a camo that can't be sold.
image.thumb.jpeg.38e12609233700b070cad4fc95a694fc.jpeg
Example 2: Completion Criteria for Operations is 2,222 bxp in a single battle... lol 
image.thumb.jpeg.efa2a3321f63d371d236ee4396068cb7.jpeg

Since they nerfed Ops "economy", 1,800 bxp is a "GG". 2K is exceptionally good and rare unless you spawn camp (I don't, have watched others...) and have a team that can pick up the rest of the objectives. 2.22k? I haven't seen that in a long time.

Sorry "Collaborators", you need to provide more incentive for me to watch Twitch streams than this. I'll watch some for educational purposes or to relieve boredom but... hours required for this snub? No thanks.

It's not unheard of for people to log-in to Twitch and pick a stream and then just "lurk" for the required amount of time while they perform other tasks.
Just turn the volume down on the device or browser-window that is viewing the Twitch stream and periodically check to see that you're still watching a qualifying stream that counts towards "drops" progress.

If the effort and the rewwards are too much & too little for you, then it wouldn't surprise me if you decided to do other (more profitable) endeavors.
That said, you're here trying to change the minds of WOWs and Twitch on a forum that is not officially affiliated or recognized as a valid communications path for either WOWs or Twitch?

• Like 1

"That said, you're here trying to change the minds of WOWs and Twitch on a forum that is not officially affiliated or recognized as a valid communications path for either WOWs or Twitch?"

No, venting. Is that allowed here?

And go wipe your paws on the mat. It makes a mess of the rug! 

4 minutes ago, xamdam said:

And go wipe your paws on the mat. It makes a mess of the rug! 

5 minutes ago, xamdam said:

"That said, you're here trying to change the minds of WOWs and Twitch on a forum that is not officially affiliated or recognized as a valid communications path for either WOWs or Twitch?"

No, venting. Is that allowed here?

Either quote me or properly spell my name to tag me, if you want my civil discourse.  🙂 
If you're gonna "just vent", then write that you're "just venting" so that we can provide the approriate amount of sympathetic attention, eh?  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

33 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Either quote me or properly spell my name to tag me, if you want my civil discourse.  🙂 
If you're gonna "just vent", then write that you're "just venting" so that we can provide the approriate amount of sympathetic attention, eh?  🙂 

Umm... cough. You're taking this way too seriously. Why are 'your' paws wet anyway? That has always had me wondering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Umm... cough. You're taking this way too seriously. Why are 'your' paws wet anyway? That has always had me wondering.

My paws are wet with either the blood of my enemies or the water I've been swimming in after my ship has been sunk.
Sometimes, both.  🙂 

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My paws are wet with either the blood of my enemies or the water I've been swimming in after my ship has been sunk.
Sometimes, both.  🙂 

Okay, got it. I'll be careful not to call you Wolfsoggypaws from here on out!

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.889f44744d6ce21d60e8033824324702.jpg

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But, Submarines are excluded from all but one of the Scenario Operations.

Yes, but not from randoms and ranked, which are most likely used to determine the "average" high bXP requirement.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Sometimes, both.  🙂 

Actually, some smaller dogs incessantly lick their paws because of anxiety....  That's where I thought the discussion was going. 

3 hours ago, xamdam said:

His paws are wet because the bilge pumps aren't working in his sub...