Hermes and da planes...

DoW_

I'm uncertain what happened, but the planes at the end of Hermes have gotten ridiculous.

There were a handful of matches last patch in a cruiser where I was all but dev struck at the end of the Op, as I was almost at the exit in a position to get the dd's to torp me instead of the Ruan.  I was going to post something here about it, but got lazy.  

My point was going to be, I'm frustrated feeling like a healing cruiser is becoming mandatory for carrying purposes.

Then the below happened in the Brandenburg today...2 matches in, and done for the day. 

If it's not obvious with the other ship's positioning, we lost. 

I don't mind loosing, but to loose this way makes my blood boil.  

PS - I'm aware I didn't sector reinforce this moment, normally I do and did in the cruisers making little difference.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had some weird RNG today as well. Torpedo tubes destroyed almost every match. The first at Killer Whale by what looked like 1 stray shell from the first Nurnberg that spawns in the bay. I was bow in with my Tirpitz and zig zagging. My ship had taken only about 2k of damage.

In another match, my Massachusetts was getting punched through its angled nose by a Kongo and citadelled twice, on Raptor Rescue.

Not every game but more *what the doodle* moments than usual.

Also, what's up with this sticky ship syndrome? I've gotten stuck on other friendlies more and more lately. Raptor being one, which I could do nothing about until it changed course at its waypoint. Another was in Newport with another player, both of us were trying, but we couldn't get unstuck until a friendly Bayard tugboat rammed us.

"Sticky ship syndrome"

A supership constellation, observed in the wild in ops recently. It did not separate.

image.thumb.png.1746caae7d97d48e6cc86b10cb5e84c1.png

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, DoW_ said:

I'm uncertain what happened, but the planes at the end of Hermes have gotten ridiculous.

The bombers have AP ammo and I think it's buffed over the standard Von Parseval planes - that makes them very dangerous to BBs (particularly German ones) and Cruisers with a heavily armoured deck. What happened to you at the end of that round looked like 4-6 citadels. Which is pretty owchy, but to be expected.

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

A supership constellation, observed in the wild in ops recently.

Sheesh, I heard the Navy was experimenting with angled flight decks, but this is just ridiculous!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

The bombers have AP ammo and I think it's buffed over the standard Von Parseval planes - that makes them very dangerous to BBs (particularly German ones) and Cruisers with a heavily armoured deck. What happened to you at the end of that round looked like 4-6 citadels. Which is pretty owchy, but to be expected.

It was 5 for near as makes no difference, 48,000 damage. 

23 hours ago, xamdam said:

In another match, my Massachusetts was getting punched through its angled nose by a Kongo and citadelled twice, on Raptor Rescue.

Kongos are my bane in PvE. The Kongo bots seem to punch way above their weight class, being very accurate and dealing tons of damage. From back in the day I do remember the Kongo as a very good tier5 BB, but not THAT good. In asymmetrics, Kongos from the other side of the map were often taking much larger chunks out of me than New Mexicos etc. at closer range.

They should not be able to citadel your Massa bow though, unless you were far enough away for plunging fire. Or maybe you got 4 pens.

1 hour ago, Kruzenstern said:

Kongos are my bane in PvE. The Kongo bots seem to punch way above their weight class, being very accurate and dealing tons of damage. From back in the day I do remember the Kongo as a very good tier5 BB, but not THAT good. In asymmetrics, Kongos from the other side of the map were often taking much larger chunks out of me than New Mexicos etc. at closer range.

They should not be able to citadel your Massa bow though, unless you were far enough away for plunging fire. Or maybe you got 4 pens.

Definitely not plunging fire I would think at 8km. I still think it's more of an Operations RNG thing. But yes, most of the bots there punch way above their (heavily increased) weight. The Nagatos on Aegis and the Gneisenau on Newport can be a pain in the stern as well.

• 4 weeks later...

The end of Hermes is a joke...

Almost there! Sorry; no. Here; have a bunch of DDs, and a big heaping bowl of Torpedo Fishes Soup.

• 3 weeks later...

Compare the damage from 2 bombs to the HP with SE of my 2 dedicated Tier 6 studs from back in the old days of ops.

Nurnberg - 27,900

Budyonny - 33,500

Have had way more Hermes this patch than usual.  

shot-24.02.26_21.13.37-0425.jpg

On 1/18/2024 at 11:59 AM, DoW_ said:

In my experience they've been that way since the rework that randomized OPs.

If you are in a good position near the end you will be focused, especially if you are alone.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:59 AM, DoW_ said:

PS - I'm aware I didn't sector reinforce this moment, normally I do and did in the cruisers making little difference.

Was in a similar position to your video in the Cleveland.

DFAA and sector reinforcement active.

Didn't make any difference.

ClevelandAlderHerpes.jpg.ca8ed38539b928892ec403c95c71e7ba.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hermes bot Parceval never misses your citadel. Those 4 bombs are all citadel hits. 

It's BS of the highest order because MY Parceval gets the RNG of the worst kind. 90% of the time my bombs straddle cruisers.