Michelangelo, a picture say's a thousand words....

b101uk

it was clearly implemented by feckless dullards who are stupid enough to think this is acceptable, when the view should be forward of the bridge superstructure. 

World of Warships 18_01_2024 03_54_53 copy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 3

The closest camera level (that isn't binoculars) sits right above the main battery, and serves the primary gameplay need of facilitating drive-by shots. 

On vessels with classic turret layouts, folks can use it as a pseudo-bridge cam to create the impression that they're a captain helming the ship, but that's not what it is for. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, torino2dc said:

The closest camera level (that isn't binoculars) sits right above the main battery, and serves the primary gameplay need of facilitating drive-by shots. 

On vessels with classic turret layouts, folks can use it as a pseudo-bridge cam to create the impression that they're a captain helming the ship, but that's not what it is for. 

Incorrect, the closest camera level (that isn't binoculars) that sits just ahead of the main bridge superstructure, serves the primary gameplay need of people you do not like the notion of 3rd person isometric view and the feckless jarring effect of the of the PoV switch from a high-up isometric view to the low down binoculars view, as in normal use the lowest pseudo-bridge cam and binoculars have zero or near zero transition, as they are most often triggered at the same height or very close to it, just because YOU  and other may use if for drive-by shots because you play from the stupid high isometric view because you are ok at playing games in 3rd person dose not mean we all do.

if you had actually played it, you would know that the binoculars view PoV is forward of the bridge superstructure, so there is really no excuse for the PoV for the normal camera to be positioned as so too.

and are you really that short-sighted to think the view as seen in the image is remotely acceptable, because I don't for one second because it drastically impinges on my ability to play that ship from a view point I have used for almost 9 years.

• Like 1
  • Bored 2

19 hours ago, b101uk said:

...just because YOU  and other may use if for drive-by shots because you play from the stupid high isometric view because you are ok at playing games in 3rd person dose not mean we all do.

if you had actually played it, you would know that the binoculars view PoV is forward of the bridge superstructure, so there is really no excuse for the PoV for the normal camera to be positioned as so too.

and are you really that short-sighted to think the view as seen in the image is remotely acceptable, because I don't for one second because it drastically impinges on my ability to play that ship from a view point I have used for almost 9 years.

Damn, dude, he gave his opinion to your post.  He didn't attack you personally in any way.  Why did you have to get all wadded up and go hostile like that?