Research Bureau

S7CentNickel

I see its getting close to that time to reset the RB.  Is the Haragumo line still the cheapest to reset?

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

I see its getting close to that time to reset the RB.  Is the Haragumo line still the cheapest to reset?

Thanks in advance.

Yep

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Thanks in advance.

Yup, Haragumo line is also the easiest to grind without using FXP when you get around to actually running it.  Fast shooting guns and good concealment (from T8-up).  Also T8 Akizuki, T9 Kitakazi and T10 Harugumo are worthy of IFHE since they can then pen 37mm with HE.  Tier 6-7 are eminently skip-able since their guns suck and there isn't a lot else to recommend them. 🙂

The T5 Minekaze is the same as the Kamikaze, Kamikaze R and Fujin, so eminently worth playing as it is the prototype for stealth firing torpedo boats.

Good line overall, especially because of the lowest FXP to reset continually if you don't want to cash in on the playing at the moment.  Most I've done was to generate 10x multiplier which allowed for 2 ships and one unique upgrade.   Each reset is 10,200 RB points.

Don't use FXP for ANYTHING other than the Harugumo line if you intend to farm RB... it may be the worst use of resources in the game if you actually buy and play the line each time you reset... you're losing 50% of your credits spent on the line and ship modules each time.  (you get the consumable equipment back if you don't sell it back).

I'm low key working each of the assigned commanders up as I progress these since it's worth it to get the best commander build for T8-10.  The WG recommended build is perfect for these from a coop perspective.

I don't play randoms btw, so take that into account for all of the above.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

The T5 Minekaze is the same as the Kamikaze, Kamikaze R and Fujin

Initially they were nearly all identical.  The tech tree line, including Minekaze, got a torpedo nerf, however, that the Kamikaze's and Fujin did not.

There is a reason they are highly sought after premiums.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

The T5 Minekaze is the same as the Kamikaze, Kamikaze R and Fujin

Double check- not quite the same.  I have R and Fujin, those are identical, minus the paint.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Initially they were nearly all identical.  The tech tree line, including Minekaze, got a torpedo nerf, however, that the Kamikaze's and Fujin did not.

There is a reason they are highly sought after premiums.

24 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Double check- not quite the same.  I have R and Fujin, those are identical, minus the paint.

They play the same, however all are correct in that there is a slight difference in the torps on the Minekaze:

Minekaze torps reload faster and have lower detect but with less speed and damage.  The torp counts, ranges are the same.  It's really pretty even in actual play with some advantages split between the Minekaze and her three premium sisters... They're all great and I'm happy to have them in port for those torpedo hits missions...  Obviously, this presumes at least a level 10 commander with torpedo build.

I tend to only play a particular boat once a day for the bonus unless I'm focus leveling something, so I'm a big fan of 4 of the (almost) same.😄

• Like 1

Is there a list of XP required for each line currently in the game? I have no desire to play DD's threw an entire tech tree...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Is there a list of XP required for each line currently in the game? I have no desire to play DD's threw an entire tech tree...

Think this thread was started to figure out which is cheapest to just FXP through.

Might wanna start a new thread to see if anybody has that data..it might get lost in this thread...

It might get answered here but will definitely have a better chance to get answered in a separate thread about just that.

• Like 1

In the "old" forums, there was a post with the list to regrind.  Just to summarize, the cheapest line in FXP to regrind for FULL Research Bureau Points (RBP) is Japanese Gunboat Destroyer Line ending with T10 Harugumo at approximately 670K FXP.  There are cheaper ways to go, but you won't get the full line split value in RBP of 10,200 from T5 to T10.  For example, the Carriers are slightly cheaper, but the max RBP from the 3 ships (T6, T8, and T10) is 8000.  You only get the RBP rewards from T5-T10.

I like the Harugumo line because it is fun to play (to me) when I get around to it.

The wiki has this on a chart, but unfortunately doesn't have the player created charts per reset line (yet)  😄

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau

Edited by Arcus_Aesopi
FXP
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Surprised I still had this.  It's not every line but some good data to show why you might should consider a DD line. US cruisers I belive were the cheapest at 75k more than Harugomo. It doesn't sound like much but when a  research bureau ship takes 4-6 resets that extra xp adds up quick. 

If you play ops Akizuki is great there, but I like the US heavy cruisers at T6-8 for ops. 

Halland 737,900

Z-52 719,620

Shimakaze 685,140

Harugomo 676,640

Gearing 711,290 (+ 30k)

Daring 774,200

Des Moines 741,830

Worcester 747,030

Edited by GandalfTehGray
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Thanks in advance.

Haru and then Shima irrc

• Like 1

I guess the question of which line makes the best reset-fodder comes down to whether you want to actually play the ships or not. If not, you want the cheapest so that you can be done with it faster. If you want to play the line, then you want the one with the fewest ships you dislike, so that you enjoy the regrind.

I've reset the Henri (x1), Delny (x1; this was a mistake, and the regrind was painful), Worcester (x1), Des Moines (x2), and Gearing (x4, now) lines... but I always keep going back to the USN DDs, even though they're not the cheapest. The reason is simple: I enjoy playing every last ship in the line, all the way from Sampson to Gearing. I've settled on that one as my designated reset line, and I'm working on fitting out a few more ships in it with 21-point commanders (Fletcher got one as of my second regrind; Mahan and Benson have 16-pointers now) so I can print CXP every time I do it. Which I'll probably do several more times, because there are still three more ships and two more UUs I want in the RB (Vampire II, Illinois, Siegfried, plus the Halland and Des Moines UUs; I already have Ohio, Colbert, Paolo Emilio, and the Gearing UU).

Of course, I wait for the 2x bonus to reset anything... being a Co-op main, it'd be silly to do 1x resets. Too much work, even for a line that I enjoy.

But I am getting really good at leading USN 5"/38s.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

I always keep going back to the USN DDs, even though they're not the cheapest. The reason is simple: I enjoy playing every last ship in the line, all the way from Sampson to Gearing. I've settled on that one as my designated reset line, and I'm working on fitting out a few more ships in it with 21-point commanders…

I’ve done the same thing my commanders now stand at:

Clemson - 21 (Halsey)

Nicholas - 21

Farragut - 21

Mahan -    20

Benson -   17

Fletcher - 20

Gearing -  19

Also a dedicated 21 (Oven chicken) for Forrest Sherman

…not to mention “borrowable” 21-pointers for Hill, Monahan, Sims, Kidd, and Black.

With my increasing interest in the UU for the Gouden Leeuw, an RP shortfall, and a 150,000 ship XP requirement on the horizon, another reset is around the corner.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Thanks in advance.

Yup

16 hours ago, Arcus_Aesopi said:

Yup, Haragumo line is also the easiest to grind without using FXP when you get around to actually running it.  Fast shooting guns and good concealment (from T8-up).  Also T8 Akizuki, T9 Kitakazi and T10 Harugumo are worthy of IFHE since they can then pen 37mm with HE.  Tier 6-7 are eminently skip-able since their guns suck and there isn't a lot else to recommend them. 🙂

The T5 Minekaze is the same as the Kamikaze, Kamikaze R and Fujin, so eminently worth playing as it is the prototype for stealth firing torpedo boats.

Good line overall, especially because of the lowest FXP to reset continually if you don't want to cash in on the playing at the moment.  Most I've done was to generate 10x multiplier which allowed for 2 ships and one unique upgrade.   Each reset is 10,200 RB points.

Don't use FXP for ANYTHING other than the Harugumo line if you intend to farm RB... it may be the worst use of resources in the game if you actually buy and play the line each time you reset... you're losing 50% of your credits spent on the line and ship modules each time.  (you get the consumable equipment back if you don't sell it back).

I'm low key working each of the assigned commanders up as I progress these since it's worth it to get the best commander build for T8-10.  The WG recommended build is perfect for these from a coop perspective.

I don't play randoms btw, so take that into account for all of the above.

This!

I always Free XP up to Akizuki and then I just grind one tier per evening with boosters so I always keep 1 high point captain in reserves for each of them (Aki, Kita, Haru). If you're decent in IJN Gunboat DDs you can often get 20 000 XP per game (especially running the range/gun build). I just finished one regrind to get RB Points to buy Golden Lion Legendary Mod.

Imho:

T5 Minekaze (almost same as Kamikaze R) Borderlind OP - very playable (not sure if this is the right tree tho....?)

T6 Hatsu - a turd - Free XP that Sheeeiit

T7 Shira - a turd - Free XP that Sheeeiit

T8 Aki - borderline OP with a good captain

T9 Kita - borderline OP with a good captain

T10 Haru - borderline OP with a good captain

I might be a bit harsh regarding the T6-7, but I at least dont have the time/energy to waste playing them. ut T8-10 is just pure fun.

Also IF you plane on doing multiple regrinds before you use youre RB points, then dont buy OR play any of the ships in the first grind, just research them and then reset with next x2 reset again and during that grind you buy and play all the ships.

This way you get all the RB points but dont have to waste all of those M credits in the first buy out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

T5 Minekaze (almost same as Kamikaze R) Borderlind OP - very playable (not sure if this is the right tree tho....?)

It is. At T5, it’s still one“tree trunk;” the branching occurs at T7.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

but I always keep going back to the USN DDs, even though they're not the cheapest. The reason is simple: I enjoy playing every last ship in the line, all the way from Sampson to Gearing.

Yep. This is the key if you're going to do it the slow way. 

8 hours ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Of course, I wait for the 2x bonus to reset anything... being a Co-op main, it'd be silly to do 1x resets.

Same here. Save that for the people who have even more blue boosters than I do and who play their chosen line in Randoms like it's as easy as breathing (and who have credits out the wazoo and can afford repeated resets and rebuys).

46 minutes ago, DoW_ said:

unknown.png

Thank you. Users of this table should recognize that it's the figure for going straight through the hulls without researching any other upgrades, and that while the CV lines are cheaper, they also give significantly less Research Points per reset (8000 cf 10,000 because there are fewer ships in the line).

Those considering grinding the Harugumo line repeatedly by playing through it rather than FXP-ing it might wish to figure in an extra 4000 for the Hatsuharu, as the upgraded torps go from 6km to 10km. But it's still the cheapest non-CV line.

4 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Incorrect. The IJN destroyer branchpoint is at the Tier 4 Isokaze, from which the Minekaze (Harugumo line) and Mutsuki (Shima line) both emerge (also the Hosho!).

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

The IJN DD lines branch at tier V. Minekaze’s counterpart is Mutsuki, followed by Fubuki, Akatsuki, Kagero, Yugumo, and Shimakaze from tier VI-X.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Incorrect. The IJN destroyer branchpoint is at the Tier 4

26 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The IJN DD lines branch at tier V.

You two hash it out.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

You two hash it out.

What is there to hash out? Per both posts, tier V is the first tier with two ships (Minekaze and Mutsuki).

Edited by Nevermore135

https://shiptool.st/nations?n=A

Select nation. Right click the first ship of a line and select 'Calculate XP'. Hover over the last ship of a line and read necessary Free XP and Credits for clicking through.

Edited by BlueMax1916
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, BlueMax1916 said:

https://shiptool.st/nations?n=A

Select nation. Right click the first ship of a line and select 'Calculate XP'. Hover over the last ship of a line and read necessary Free XP and Credits for clicking through.

This is very nice, as it gives the figures for the fully upgraded ship also (if you should choose to do that, or if you are planning the grind to acquire and keep the ship rather than reset it).