Brawl "Rewards"!?

Snargfargle

If you have your ship fully spec'd out with signals, then you will use 8 x 5 = 40 signals to receive this:

8 x 4 = 32 signals. And that assumes you win every battle played.

tFNjJl.jpg

Yes, I wouldn't do use any flag for this brawl, and I rather not use BB because so many people want to use BB, and long time waiting if you pick BB, but I did use DD or CA, since not lot of people use those, and battle right off start every time less than second, I can move on very quick next battle to next battle using DD, I tend to get rush and torp BB when I get chance, if not, then CA or DD would do, once my ship sink, I quit battle and do it all over again to speed it up without any flag bonus use, although I do use ship EX bonus, to level up my DD to catch it up, or CA. There is BB I do want level up but no way I waiting long time before battle start, so I just use DD or CA to get right away start battle. 

I had no problem use BB if 1 vs 1 but 2 vs 2, it's seem this Brawl do not allow to had 2 BB vs 2 BB, but rather one BB and one CA or DD vs other same way. Unless I'm mistaken? 

Edited by Humility925
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

If you have your ship fully spec'd out with signals, then you will use 8 x 5 = 40 signals to receive this:

8 x 4 = 32 signals. And that assumes you win every battle played.

tFNjJl.jpg

Starting to see how WG runs rewards?

This is par for the course for the rest of the game, in my experience...

• Like 4

Brawls have always been a very resource-inefficient game mode. Fast battles mean that you can grind XP/CXP/FXP very rapidly, but you will burn through signals and boosters at a higher rate than any other PvP mode. This is almost certainly an intended feature.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

I save my signals for ranked and some for randoms. I usually actually purchase non-detonation flags. But I can't see using them in pve or brawls. I think the real reward is using a 21 pt. captain and banking cexp, plus the 8ok cexp, plus the 1ok coal.

With 4o or 1oo BBs in the queue, the wait was 1 minute and a half which I tolerated in order to grind the cexp for dockyard. It could have been worse. But my DD cexp was already finished as I play DD more often.

My win rate in brawls is about 5o% give or take. I am not sure signals are going to make a huge difference in that for me anyways. Usually, when it is a close match it really depends on who makes a mistake at the get go. 

I don't recall detonating but I did one shot a schors the other day and landed several cits on a florida as they were both full broadside to me. A total of 7 cits. Signals might have helped them a little but the thing is their mistake is what got them the loss. [In my opinion.]

• Like 1

Signals give 1-5% benefits here and there. They may tip the balance when fighting a 20-minute battle of attrition but probably are pretty much useless in a game that lasts only four minutes.

Well I just tried a brawl and now I know why Scharnhorst rules supreme in there. I don't know if all the maps are like this, but I had Shatter and when your ship doesn't have torps, you don't need to even try. And they apparently let 2 man division fight against random groups, which I also resent. So no more brawls for me on this one.

14 minutes ago, Kruzenstern said:

Well I just tried a brawl and now I know why Scharnhorst rules supreme in there. I don't know if all the maps are like this, but I had Shatter and when your ship doesn't have torps, you don't need to even try. And they apparently let 2 man division fight against random groups, which I also resent. So no more brawls for me on this one.

Brawls has always been a game mode that WG encouraged divisions to exploit. Don't go into it unless you are in a division.

• Like 1