Expendable Camo

thornzero

So I just discovered that we cannot sell the following expendable camo:

Bronze/Silver/Gold from ranked rewards

and

Twitch Prime Gaming from the Twitch Container drops [3 hours].

I find this unusual because the new expendable [permanent] camos haven't dropped yet.

Also my inventory contains all the stock modules [89] from super ships. These showed up a while ago and I wonder if anyone knows why?

Cheers

Didn't they just change this? Or was it still in the Devblog?

21 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Also my inventory contains all the stock modules [89] from super ships. These showed up a while ago and I wonder if anyone knows why?

Same for me. Weird, as I have no super ships in my port. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah it is a change in the Dev Blog. The collaborative one use camos can not be sold.  You can still sell the others like Christmas, Stars & Stripes, etc. They are also going to allow the purchase of a permanent version of one use camos although not sure if it means all patterns or just some. The cost is 750 doubloons or just under 10 million credits. Something like that. Odd considering the permanent camos in game now can be had far cheaper for doubloons. Just something else to ignore IMHO. 

It didn't take Ms Cleo to see this coming. The camo rework was a miserable disaster for everyone. Whomever came up with the idea should have been demoted to janitor. Showed an amazing lack of insight into how gamers think or play games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Bored 2

48 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Sell them fast.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Sell them fast.

Of course they cannot be sold. They showed up before I had access to SS. Now I do have access but zero interest.

@thornzero yeah I checked and I have them as well, hadn't noticed them before. I think the ships are supposed to be a credit sink- and with my gameplay they certainly will be. So I'll pass too, for now.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah it is a change in the Dev Blog. The collaborative one use camos can not be sold.  You can still sell the others like Christmas, Stars & Stripes, etc. They are also going to allow the purchase of a permanent version of one use camos although not sure if it means all patterns or just some. The cost is 750 doubloons or just under 10 million credits. Something like that. Odd considering the permanent camos in game now can be had far cheaper for doubloons. Just something else to ignore IMHO. 

It didn't take Ms Cleo to see this coming. The camo rework was a miserable disaster for everyone. Whomever came up with the idea should have been demoted to janitor. Showed an amazing lack of insight into how gamers think or play games. 

On the other hand, I can now have the bonuses regardless of any one camo, I also don't have to use hours going through about 100 different camo designs looking for one particular bonus I am wanting to use at the time.

Plus, I can use any camo or no camo, and I can freely use camo mods as well. So not all aspects of the camo rework were bad, subjectively, at least.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

On the other hand, I can now have the bonuses regardless of any one camo, I also don't have to use hours going through about 100 different camo designs looking for one particular bonus I am wanting to use at the time.

Plus, I can use any camo or no camo, and I can freely use camo mods as well. So not all aspects of the camo rework were bad, subjectively, at least.

I liked the idea of removing the bonuses from the camos save for the dispersion and concealment bonus. That was a change that made sense. Removing all the bonuses from the camo was a bad move. Removing all the bonuses from the camos and keeping them the same price for the one use camos was one of the stupidest decisions they have made and it became a no brainer to sell them off for credits. 

From the discussion we had on their forum about the change, Wargaming was under the assumption that most players would spend money/resources to customize their ships like gamers do with their characters in RPG games.  Going to take a wild stab at it and say they were wrong just like we told them they were wrong when they made the change. They should have either dropped the prices for the camos or left the dispersion and/or concealment bonus to incentivize their usage. They should have made all the patterns of all the camos available as a permanent option for all ships of all tiers. That was already modeled into the game and was a catastrophic oversight to not do that one thing. IMHO it was an excellent example of just how out of touch the employees at Wargaming are with the player base.  They don't even know how gamers as a group, think. 

It was a good idea that was ruined by their implementation.  Now the clueless are trying to fix the mess they made and it looks like it is likely to be just more stupid ideas.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

It was a good idea that was ruined by their implementation.  Now the clueless are trying to fix the mess they made and it looks like it is likely to be just more stupid ideas. 

Thats the way WG “works”, 

the steps are mostly as below

• WG comes up with a new thing In Dev blog.
  • The players tells WG that its not going to work and points out the issues.  WG says thanks fir the feedback.
  • WG implement it In the test server.
  • The players tells WG it still wont work and that they Can just look In the test server. WG says thanks fir the feedback.
  • WG implement it In the main game, and Call it a great succes’s.
  • The players points out that it still not working, and that they said so from day one, WG says thanks fir the feedback.
  • Some time later after being In denial WG introduce their “fix” which normally make things worse.

Subs and CV follow this route… and cammo apparently will do the same, but In the case of cammoes its more annoying then a real issue.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The low prize is for the first permacamo then it becomes expensive also if your perma (eventcamo) was from the pre-division time of bonus and camo. It means that I f..e. have a few christmas decorated ships but have to pay full prize if I want a normal perma camo if they are from old times.

So 750 might be OK to get rid of that, it is a couple of the patterns that I find quite OK. But I will probably not buy any except some very few. I have bought some 200 dbl camos. If I buy the ecobonus I do it almost always.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

The low prize is for the first permacamo then it becomes expensive also if your perma (eventcamo) was from the pre-division time of bonus and camo. It means that I f..e. have a few christmas decorated ships but have to pay full prize if I want a normal perma camo if they are from old times.

So 750 might be OK to get rid of that, it is a couple of the patterns that I find quite OK. But I will probably not buy any except some very few. I have bought some 200 dbl camos. If I buy the ecobonus I do it almost always.

A lot also depends if you care about how the ship looks to you, in any videos you make, or how it looks to other players. Modded camos take care of all of the former requirements cost free. Only if the latter requirement is important to you does it make sense to spend money or resources on in game camos if they are cosmetic only.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A lot also depends if you care about how the ship looks to you, in any videos you make, or how it looks to other players. Modded camos take care of all of the former requirements cost free. Only if the latter requirement is important to you does it make sense to spend money or resources on in game camos if they are cosmetic only.

And that is the kick right in the buttocks.  Modders have given players the option to paint any ships with any pattern they choose for free.  Wargaming is giving the players an option to paint most ships with a large variety of patterns for $7 or 10 million credits........  

Like I said, it is all so stupid and the people making the decisions are clueless.  I suppose you are correct though. It all depends on whether you want the camo for your own enjoyment or for the enjoyment of other players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Modders have given players the option to paint any ships with any pattern they choose for free.

I suppose you can see an available perma camo as a camo "slot" that you can populate with your desired skins (with mods). I obtained a bunch of winter perma camos because Unique Camouflages has really nice winter wear camos as substitutions. I wouldn't want to quit the game, change skins manually, and go back in just to match the camo to my mood. YMMV, just saying a camo "slot" isn't entirely worthless, even if the default camo motive itself is.

• Like 1

There are just a very few expendable camos I would use (for their looks and/or colour only).

As these camos no longer give the bonus like they used to do, they are, otherwise, useless.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the official WoWs twitch stream, these camos I originally posted about are not sellable for a technical reason and that is being worked on so in the near future we will be able to sell them.

cheers