Unexpectedly Bad Day to me.

Humility925

I was playing United States Aircraft Carrier, I knew that it's won't make me money, but whole point is that I need pull up very badly to get average damage per battle goal, I was tried to unlock Aircraft Carrier Commander, Elite Forces Emblem (because I love CV and aircraft flying), it's been years, but not play world of warship many mouth because it's on and off because it's burned me out and I'm worn out from stressful from PVP try to avoid bad battle average damage per battle and get good battle average damage per battle for Aircraft Carrier goal. 

So this is happen, I was hope that United States Aircraft Carrier help pull up average damage per battle, so first time in Random, it's ok, 160,000 damage, not great as other CV player where they got 500,000 damage per average, but it's help to pull up above goal of 113,000 damage average damage per battle for Emblem. 

It's almost there, it's was 12,800 average damage battle out of 113,000 damage, so second time United States Aircraft Carrier, I was very nervous other player CV, whatever they are skilled to ruin my goal of average damage per battle or not. Once battle start, I took off and fly toward as normal, then computer shut down, at home, the power shut down, I was lost control and got mad, after long suffering try to unlock Emblem since my understand more bad battle, more you had to make it up, one bad battle meaning it's could be 3 or 5 more battle to pull up from one bad battle, it's kind of something like that perfect 100%, but if one bad happen, it's become 99% forever, much more difficult push to 100% from 99%, it's take so many to do that, I think. 99.001% then 99.002% so it's kind of like that, 

So I was lost and got mad, till power back on, so I did try hurry get back in game, and telling team, at home power shut down, so I would try my best not get bad average damage per battle as I don't want more battle to make it up to pull up.

Guess what happen again? 

At my home power shut down again, that I though it's only happen once, I did getting more mad and see this is very rude as fate cruel try make me more suffering, feeling forced me to do more battle to make it up to pull up.  So power come back again, so I hurry again to get back on game, then power shut down like 3 time!!!, that is not normal in my lifetime, very cruel to me. What gave? I am very rarely, anger, very slow to anger, yet this happen very rare, I lost control myself and got mad, curse, not understand why happen in wrong time, but I felt better after that but I am burned out and see my number goal going down again, make difficult to pull up again, I felt more tense rather than had fun, I just want to unlock those then I can felt rest, peace and now can do fun without worry about that history average damage per battle after unlock those but I'm still not there. I got pink on my user names, penalty for unsporting conduct (it's not my fault, it's just outside of my control, company power shut down like 3 time at least, flinker here and there, it's was very rare, Most of time it's was no issues. That's my bad day, what is your, I wonder? 

Thank you for reading. I felt much better. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Oh, it's was too late to join battle, power wasn't go back on, like 2 to 3 hours later, so there is no chance to save what left, 12800 drop to 111, 730. Ouch! Not even one damage in battle at all due power shut down after battle start, before reach enemies. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

Thank you for posting. Without the forums to interact with people I tend to get stuck in my own head and then all sorts of weirdness happens.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

...  That's my bad day, what is your, I wonder? 

I'm glad you're feeling better.

• Like 4

I had a similar experience. I spend a lot of time in a "second home" helping elder family who otherwise would live alone. Their power supply was always wonky, and I had many outages over the last two years due to blown fuses (the old type you have to replace). If it happens repeatedly, you've got to expect it to happen again, so I got myself a UPS battery backup and power surge protector. It should supply about 10 minutes or so of juice to the computer and monitors if the power goes. This way you might even get to finish your game and shut down normally. The unit has a software component, that sends the PC a shutdown command after a set time if you want. More importantly, it should protect against spikes and other power surges. It's good insurance.

So, over two years, there have been multiple power outages (maybe around 8 times) while I've been here. Now guess how many times I've actually had a direct return on my investment since installing the backup. Once. That was about two weeks ago, I had the PC on but was in the kitchen. There was nothing running and the PC shut down normally. So do I regret the purchase of the thing (about 400 bucks back then)? Not at all - the peace of mind is bliss.  

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

so I got myself a UPS battery

What model and type of UPS battery do you current use? I do had backup battery, Cyberpower Cp1500PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS system, 1500Va/900W, so I think about 4 years it's was petty good till battery isn't working anymore, so I did brought replaced battery rather than whole new units, battery itself work but it's not working correct when power shut down, then my backkup battery shut down as well, Odd it's was work first time for 4 years. but not working correctly after I replaced battery, I did connect correct but for some reason, still not working as it's should be, I had to save up and buy new whole unit battery backup, I try find something better than old one. 

Everyone, Yay, I had finally unlock Aircraft Carrier Commander, Elite Forces Emblem, Now I'm little rest easy and not worry about average damage for CV in future unless WG change or add new goal, that is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

What model and type of UPS battery do you current use?

APC Smart UPS SMT1000I. Supposedly "up to 21 min" of power backup. A poor test I did back when suggested about 7-8 min for my dual monitor, speaker, printer and switch setup, almost 10 with just PC and 1 monitor. Of course it depends on how much load your computer is under in this time, and total draw.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

Odd it's was work first time for 4 years. but not working correctly after I replaced battery, I did connect correct but for some reason, still not working as it's should be, I had to save up and buy new whole unit battery backup, I try find something better than old one. 

This is an issue. I have a second, smaller APC unit as well, APC UPS PRO USV 900VA. In that unit I replaced the lead battery after about 4 years with something generic. Supposed to be a reputable store, but the automatic battery test does not seem to work as well as before. I don't know what that would mean in a power failure, so I'll likely go back to the (much more expensive) original supplier soon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

I had a similar experience. I spend a lot of time in a "second home" helping elder family who otherwise would live alone. Their power supply was always wonky, and I had many outages over the last two years due to blown fuses (the old type you have to replace). If it happens repeatedly, you've got to expect it to happen again, so I got myself a UPS battery backup and power surge protector. It should supply about 10 minutes or so of juice to the computer and monitors if the power goes. This way you might even get to finish your game and shut down normally. The unit has a software component, that sends the PC a shutdown command after a set time if you want. More importantly, it should protect against spikes and other power surges. It's good insurance.

So, over two years, there have been multiple power outages (maybe around 8 times) while I've been here. Now guess how many times I've actually had a direct return on my investment since installing the backup. Once. That was about two weeks ago, I had the PC on but was in the kitchen. There was nothing running and the PC shut down normally. So do I regret the purchase of the thing (about 400 bucks back then)? Not at all - the peace of mind is bliss. 

Same here, and modified an EMP device as the switcher....  It works in Picoseconds and I don't get disconnected....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asym said:

Same here, and modified an EMP device as the switcher....  It works in Picoseconds and I don't get disconnected....

Mine doesn't disconnect - or didn't with the old battery, at least. There'd be an audible "click-clack" and it'd be on reserve. I don't have the timings for the power reroute though. But what's the story with the EMP device? Wherefrom, how, why (you stated that), build and results? The three of me are intrigued.

• Like 1

If you can afford one, get a 1500W pure sine UPS.  I have three.  One for my PC/Monitor (the one I play WOWs on) and WIFI, one for my alarm monitor display, and one for backup LED lighting.  A decent UPS should transfer from line to battery without cutting out.

I have FIOS fiber, so I also have a manual "switched" backup for that line.  Same battery runs my Sump, Garage Door, and Master Bedroom.  When weather is bad, I"ll often switch FIOS pre-emptively.

When I need to get serious, I pull out my 5000W gas generator.

If you intend on recharging your UPS's with a generator, you'll need to get an inverter pure sine generator.  Most decent UPS these days will trip on line distortion.  And non-inverter generators tend to trip the distortion threshold essentially preventing the recharge.

I have the parts for, but have not yet implemented, a desktop switch that switches my gaming UPS from line to a 1000Whr Li-ion battery.

Yes, I'm a power nerd.

Edited by SoshiSone
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

I have FIOS fiber, so I also have a manual "switched" backup for that line.  Same battery runs my Sump, Garage Door, and Master Bedroom.  When weather is bad, I"ll often switch FIOS pre-emptively.

You have a really nice, large capacity, UPS. I just have a small one to backup my VDSL modem and router. The electricity around here is a bit "dirty" when the wind blows (which it does most of the time) and without a backup the modem and router tend to reboot all the time. The PC power supply's capacitors can handle these momentary brownouts but the modem and router don't have that capacity. I've not had a single problem staying connected since I installed the battery backup. I ought to look into an inverter and a couple of batteries that I could use to power my furnace. The gas here never goes out but if the electricity does then the furnace doesn't blow.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

Power backups are great, but don’t forget to protect your network devices if you want to finish a game when the power goes out!

On the street side, Cable internet rarely goes down here even when we loose power for extended times (a week on a couple of occasions).  Fiber lasts for 4-8 hours on the poles, but that depends on the provider’s investment.

For being online in a live game, it’s way more than just the computer!

Good luck!