Jump to content

Super Container Thread Poll


Admiral_Karasu

Super Container threads - Just one or several  

43 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want to have one combined Super Container Loot Thread or split/monthly threads?

    • Super Container Loot thread; combined covering all FREE Super Container drops.
      21
    • One monthly Super Container thread for every month & Another thread for all other kind of FREE Super Container drops.
      11
    • I don't care either way/I don't know.
      11

This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

We have been used to different ways of posting what we get from Super Containers. Have a look at the poll, think it over and/or discuss this matter. The assumption here is we will only be reporting those SC's that we get for free without any type of currency needed. That is to say, the monthly log in reward drops, SC's that you may get from the daily crate drops, mission rewards, potential anniversary/snowflake rewards, any possible gift drops etc.

Sorry if this poll is clunky first time I ever try this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are two supercontainer drops that are truly relevant:

1) The regular two-crate drop on 24th (insert month here). This is easily handled by a monthly thread that can then sink into an appropriate level of obscurity as time passes.

2) The massive anniversary drop, which is yearly. That can kick off on the first day of the Anniversary patch, with any duplicates being tied off and merged into the first one that gets started/the dominant thread that most people have posted in so far.  

All other supercontainers are relatively unpredictable, and people are free to brag whenever they get something particularly good in one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

There are two supercontainer drops that are truly relevant:

1) The regular two-crate drop on 24th (insert month here). This is easily handled by a monthly thread that can then sink into an appropriate level of obscurity as time passes.

2) The massive anniversary drop, which is yearly. That can kick off on the first day of the Anniversary patch, with any duplicates being tied off and merged into the first one that gets started/the dominant thread that most people have posted in so far.  

All other supercontainers are relatively unpredictable, and people are free to brag whenever they get something particularly good in one. 

That still leaves 3) major group, the SC's that drop from any of the three daily crate drops when the appropriate point counter 'releases' the drop.

(In the early days the prevailing superstition was that it was the torpedo polishing seaman who did it.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

That still leaves 3) major group, the SC's that drop from any of the three daily crate drops when the appropriate point counter 'releases' the drop.

But that's semi-random as opposed to being absolutely predictable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

But that's semi-random as opposed to being absolutely predictable. 

It's still regularly predictable, depending on how much you play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, hocus4957 said:

Good evening Shipmates! I heard this was the super container thread... 😁

shot-23.08.24_05.35.30-0781.jpg

Good morning! This isn't quite the SC thread, we don't yet really have one we are in the process of discussing this. There's a sort of SC container thread on the forum that you can make use of, right now the situation is a little confusing.

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/243-monthly-super-container-time/

Consider me confused, we now have that one and this one below...

https://www.devstrike.net/topic/207-super-cough-cointainer-thread-yes-no/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yup. The old (NA) forums generally had at least two threads, then one got used and the other "sank into obscurity". 

@hocus4957 I always seem to get flags I don't use (like AA) - nice that you got coal (and some of the endless extra credits boosters)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really care either way, but if I had to pick just keeping it all in one would probably be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm an oddity in that I let ALL my containers build up over the patch (with the exception of Event Containers eg I openned all the Somme containers last month. I then open them all as the patch rolls over. I might miss the odd one. My observation from this is that the RNG of daily SC's is reducing as well. I used to get 5 or 6 per patch plus the end of month drop, just from picking More Economic Rewards, no dice rolling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently, a little over 50 percent seems to be preferring to have one combined thread. The poll is still open for anyone interested.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/30/2023 at 4:46 PM, surfury said:

I'm an oddity in that I let ALL my containers build up over the patch (with the exception of Event Containers eg I openned all the Somme containers last month. I then open them all as the patch rolls over. I might miss the odd one. My observation from this is that the RNG of daily SC's is reducing as well. I used to get 5 or 6 per patch plus the end of month drop, just from picking More Economic Rewards, no dice rolling. 

You do know there isn't that much of dice rolling involved. It's based on a hidden progress bar with, IIRC, some chance involved when it triggers. The TYL containers just count for twice as much progress.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You do know there isn't that much of dice rolling involved. It's based on a hidden progress bar with, IIRC, some chance involved when it triggers. The TYL containers just count for twice as much progress.

I had sort of gathered that but my point was that it seems to be slowing down or rather that that the odds of getting an SC have reduced slightly. Personally I'm not that bothered as to what I get.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, surfury said:

I had sort of gathered that but my point was that it seems to be slowing down or rather that that the odds of getting an SC have reduced slightly. Personally I'm not that bothered as to what I get.

I don't know if WG has changed the formula, or if we are getting fewer crate rewards from the missions which would cause the rate to slow down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might be the fewer standard crates from missions and battle pass. Because those do count towards the formula for the super containers. Pretty sure they haven't changed the formula itself for getting a super container since I've within the last month had one set of battle pass crates have one replaced by the super and then the next set of boxes had another replaced... and then it took over a week before the next super container was willing to show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay, so where does the community stand on this issue? I think ASIA and EU had a single/merged Super Container thread, but NA is used to having a monthly SC thread started on the 24th of the month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Okay, so where does the community stand on this issue? I think ASIA and EU had a single/merged Super Container thread, but NA is used to having a monthly SC thread started on the 24th of the month.

I prefer one single thread. But I have nothing against the NA way either, but if we have a monthly 2 free SC thread, maybe we should have a yearly anniversary thread or similar when it is other events Santas drops 2023 etc

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gnirf said:

I prefer one single thread. But I have nothing against the NA way either, but if we have a monthly 2 free SC thread, maybe we should have a yearly anniversary thread or similar when it is other events Santas drops 2023 etc

I'm not sure about Santa's drops, because those are bought, and I think there's something of a consensus here that we shouldn't promote those even indirectly. If so, then we'd only be 'bragging' about free SC drops (as much as there can be any cause to brag about the contents they drop...), meaning Anniversary, Monthly, and Daily crate drops and miscellaneous other free drops, such as missions.

Essentially then, Anniversary drops and Monthly drops are guaranteed, everything else is random. One possible compromise is to have dedicated threads for the non-random drops, one for Anniversary SC's every year, one for Monthly drops every month, and a single running thread for everything else, something like the 'merged' thread we used to have an EU. The good part of that would be that everyone would be posting their anniversary drop contents in the same thread. Well, at least theoretically if people were to stick to the principle.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm not sure about Santa's drops, because those are bought, and I think there's something of a consensus here that we shouldn't promote those even indirectly. If so, then we'd only be 'bragging' about free SC drops (as much as there can be any cause to brag about the contents they drop...), meaning Anniversary, Monthly, and Daily crate drops and miscellaneous other free drops, such as missions.

Essentially then, Anniversary drops and Monthly drops are guaranteed, everything else is random. One possible compromise is to have dedicated threads for the non-random drops, one for Anniversary SC's every year, one for Monthly drops every month, and a single running thread for everything else, something like the 'merged' thread we used to have an EU. The good part of that would be that everyone would be posting their anniversary drop contents in the same thread. Well, at least theoretically if people were to stick to the principle.

Sounds like a good compromise and also the separate threads for the monthly drops/anniversary will make it easier to search. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone for their replies, suggestions and feedback. I'm now closing this poll and posting a pinned thread for super containers other than Anniversary and Monthly drops.

This thread remains open for feedback and suggestions in case people have difficulties getting used to the selected approach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admiral_Karasu unpinned, locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.