How is your "Ranked Battles Season 15" going on?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Do you find it more difficult / same / easier to progress than before?

I find it almost more frustrating than ever... the CVs and SUBs add great uncertainty because it all depends how good/bad CV and/or SUB you get and whole game hinges on it... 😞

Barely made through the "Bronze":

image.thumb.png.45f8234b2822cac03c8724b3f12311dd.png

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

My main gaming time isn't during Prime Time, so ranked isn't always open.

I'm one battle in...planning to stay in Bronze and enjoy Ark Royal and Bearn.

• Like 1

Subs at T6 and T8 are not that relevant in Ranked, a good DD is more influential. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Do you find it more difficult / same / easier to progress than before?

I find it almost more frustrating than ever... the CVs and SUBs add great uncertainty because it all depends how good/bad CV and/or SUB you get and whole game hinges on it... 😞

Barely made through the "Bronze":

image.thumb.png.45f8234b2822cac03c8724b3f12311dd.png

Leo "Apollo11"

barely??  your 2 days in.. lol   id say you flew thru it with no issues

• Like 1

Honestly, going to be skipping this season all together after the tier VIII and X mishap reveal.  Hopefully we get the better ranked setup in the next season.

• Like 2

Doing way better than Tier VII. In only a few hours I am at rank 5 and got all the steel so far. CVs are bothering me especially as a DD and trying to cap. Subs, not so much but still, a grievance. 

I do not know if I will try Silver. I only made it to rank 3 in the last season Bronze after a couple short weeks of trying the mode. Performance then is lacklustre at best.

• Like 1

My high rank is 8 rank Bronze but I don't play much, I just got return to world of warship because New US CV, I had a weak for CV and aircraft, I do love CV and aircraft (because it's fun to fly even although I'm couldn't be pilot in real life due I'm disability and poor  (had a and own aircraft and small airport is very very expensive hobby! One I would love to try explorer this in real life so I can enjoy life more but unfortunately for me, I had no chance to make it happen in real life.

Only problem is that Subs is kind of useless, I don't even want subs on team, because it's slow and very limited, not able to help team to win efficiently. I rather had DD or CA or BB on team rather than Subs, now if my team don't had Sub and red team had sub, then our chance winning is high but again that depend on player in other ship are very good or not, CV, BB, CA and DD do make a difference but subs, not so much due slow and limited of firepower and underwater. (I do understand it's might be balance, so player shouldn't be stay and hidden underwater doing nothing while not helping with team. although.)

Don't get me wrong, I do like play subs, it's just not that efficiently help with team goal, I think, unless anyone wish to correct me? I do like subs part of ranked battle, but till that point, it's beffer off subs are not part of ranked battle till subs is improve and do make a difference for team. 

Edited by Humility925
  • Like 1

I haven't played my single Ranked match yet.  I only play one match a season - to show I am at least participating in some form of PVP.  Then, it's back to PVE to have some fun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MBT808 said:

Honestly, going to be skipping this season all together after the tier VIII and X mishap reveal.  Hopefully we get the better ranked setup in the next season.

I'm not sure the term 'mishap' is a good one. A bait and switch, even if unintentional, is still a bait and switch.

• Like 1

6-3 in bronze, won't play again after WG decided that no CVs and subs on Silver and Gold was a miscommunication.

• Like 1

I just started last night, but now that cv's and subs are allowed so 1/3 of the team can comprise those classes, I'm out. 

• Like 1

Game 2, arms race with Ark Royal.

Everyone malding about the CVs, one guy getting irritated that the enemy Bearn is pay2win.

I get annoyed and state in all chat that I have the pay2win ship...murder the enemy full health DD with my Swordfish, kill the enemy Fuso with my torpedo bombers, kill the enemy Makarov with my rockets...and then charge the Bearn eating his strike planes with my fighters and AA.

Top of the team on a win.

Welcome to World of Warships, folks. Good ships in the hands of guys who know what they can do are DANGEROUS!

• Sad 1

I died twice to subs in Ranked in my Warspite last night, both times because my cruisers were disinclined to support their BBs or had already charged in and died. 

All it proved is that an unsupported slow BB is vulnerable when it has a sub crawling up its aft AND multiple other enemies it's trying to angle to. 

On neither occasion did I get shotgunned. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm not sure the term 'mishap' is a good one. A bait and switch, even if unintentional, is still a bait and switch.

I don't think it was a bait in switch for once. I think honestly the team in charge of editing the devblog and the websites has been screwing up badly for one reason or another. Its tempting to go down that route, I might have suspected if the previous typo failures hadn't happened on the devblog. There's definitely also miscommunication going on within WG evidently.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Everyone malding about the CVs, one guy getting irritated that the enemy Bearn is pay2win.

I get annoyed and state in all chat that I have the pay2win ship...murder the enemy full health DD with my Swordfish, kill the enemy Fuso with my torpedo bombers, kill the enemy Makarov with my rockets...and then charge the Bearn eating his strike planes with my fighters and AA.

Welcome to World of Warships, folks. Good ships in the hands of guys who know what they can do are DANGEROUS!

or just an imbalanced class being abused against a bunch of noobs at tier VI.

2 hours ago, MBT808 said:

or just an imbalanced class being abused against a bunch of noobs at tier VI.

Or that too...I just got tired of the whining.

3 hours ago, MBT808 said:

I don't think it was a bait in switch for once. I think honestly the team in charge of editing the devblog and the websites has been screwing up badly for one reason or another. Its tempting to go down that route, I might have suspected if the previous typo failures hadn't happened on the devblog. There's definitely also miscommunication going on within WG evidently.

The Massachusetts / Musashi ASW plane communication is an example of a potential typo.

You can't claim that WGs very clear communications that ranked silver and bronze would not have CVs or subs as typos or minor miscommunications...as that item was the MAIN POINT of some of these communications!

The most charitable view of what happened is that WG intended for this season to exclude CVs and subs...then discovered it could not be done. Which is a bad look from a coding control perspective.

Given WGs shady history of past bait and switches though...it is not unreasonable to think that the wrong information was deliberately released to motivate specific customer behavior.

If I look at this even in the most charitable view, there are SERIOUS problems with WGs internal communication and control processes...problems that have been unaddressed for LITERAL YEARS.

We should not be accepting just excuses at this point...the root cause of the failures really lies with WG senior leadership that has allowed this level of incompetence to remain unaddressed for so long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The Massachusetts / Musashi ASW plane communication is an example of a potential typo.

You can't claim that WGs very clear communications that ranked silver and bronze would not have CVs or subs as typos or minor miscommunications...as that item was the MAIN POINT of some of these communications!

The most charitable view of what happened is that WG intended for this season to exclude CVs and subs...then discovered it could not be done. Which is a bad look from a coding control perspective.

Given WGs shady history of past bait and switches though...it is not unreasonable to think that the wrong information was deliberately released to motivate specific customer behavior.

If I look at this even in the most charitable view, there are SERIOUS problems with WGs internal communication and control processes...problems that have been unaddressed for LITERAL YEARS.

We should not be accepting just excuses at this point...the root cause of the failures really lies with WG senior leadership that has allowed this level of incompetence to remain unaddressed for so long.

There are many systemic problems within the company, you're absolutely right. In terms of the incompetence, I'd like to point out, you're assuming that this is an employee level problem. I honestly think its a trickle down starting from the senior leadership. As pointed out many a times around here, look at MK by direct comparison. They seem to be moving forward with some direction, WoWs is flopping on the deck trying to figure out how to get to water by comparison. I doubt the senior leadership know what to do right now. They were left with a game in a bit of bad spot and have no idea really how to fix it(too bad they don't ask the player base, not like we haven't been aware of the problems and been suggesting solutions for years or anything on a forum similar to this one). Instead they continue pile mistake upon mistake.

11 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Where in heavens were Bearn's fighters? 

I loved playing Bearn against Ark Royal, the planes are so slow they can't avoid interception. 

• Like 1

I myself do not enjoy CVs in Bronze 6x6 format. Sub dont seem to have much effect with the team. Having said that what ships might you guys suggest playing ?

Edited by ole_seabee
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

I myself do not enjoy CVs in silver 6x6 format. Sub dont seem to have much effect with the team. Having said that what ships might you guys suggest playing ?

In T8 Ranked with CVs? ... there's only one answer: 

image.thumb.png.b9495815627af324b9b6fd4d4599e581.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Well done with the win.  But, because there are CV's,  thousands of players are saying NO - it's a hard "pass"...  P2W generates NPAA (not playing at all) in most cases.

I'll get my one game in, lose for sure, and not even try this season !   There are more of my type of reactions than yours;  and,  at some point, as good as you are, you'll be sailing all alone cause the rest of us left the mode or the game itself.   History has shown that actually happens most times in small niche games.....

Hunt well and Fair Sea's.

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Where in heavens were Bearn's fighters? 

I loved playing Bearn against Ark Royal, the planes are so slow they can't avoid interception. 

The enemy captain didn't have the larger patrol radius, and I used my fighters to get him to drop his early...or I baited him to defend an area rather than just drop directly on my squadron.

If he did drop on me, I recall instantly and don't lose my planes...just lose the time.

Plus, if his fighters don't latch...they are then stuck in place for their entire time and he can't place another from that squadron until the first run out...that gives me time to do things again.

At the end, I was losing planes to them because I was so charging him...but we had already won at that point.

13 minutes ago, Asym said:

Well done with the win.  But, because there are CV's,  thousands of players are saying NO - it's a hard "pass"...  P2W generates NPAA (not playing at all) in most cases.

I'll get my one game in, lose for sure, and not even try this season !   There are more of my type of reactions than yours;  and,  at some point, as good as you are, you'll be sailing all alone cause the rest of us left the mode or the game itself.   History has shown that actually happens most times in small niche games.....

Hunt well and Fair Sea's.

Oh, I agree.

However, the game has ALWAYS been P2W...before rework CVs were the problem, we had invsi-fire DDs...

That's kind of my point with how I responded in game...if P2W is the thing that breaks your fun in this game...then leave now, because it's never going to be not P2W.

• Thanks 1