Defence

BlueNautilus

Has anyone figured out how best to play this ship?  Guns are decent, torps are alright, smoke can sometimes help you escape, but so far, I just find that it is way too fragile.  It almost feels like playing a CL.  Would love to know how others make this thing work.

Edited by BlueNautilus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueNautilus said:

Has anyone figured out how best to play this ship?  Guns are decent, torps are alright, smoke can sometimes help you escape, but so far, I just find that it is way too fragile.  It almost feels like playing a CL.  Would love to know how others make this thing work.

One big weakness is how fragile it is yeah. However using the smoke and good range I'd say try play back a bit more. She can make some plays just needs to be against the correct types of enemies. You'll probably want to do the standard boring long range farming against BBs and large cruisers before trying to push in after they're dead and smash enemy DDs and cruisers with team support. 

I should mention I don't have Defence I've only seen the stats and watched some videos on it, hope this helps!

- Boob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks!  I did kinda compare it with the Goliath at first in my mind, but unlike Goliath it cannot reprint itself.  I will give your suggestion a try (play it like a HE-spamming kiting CL) and see if I fare any better...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

Thanks!  I did kinda compare it with the Goliath at first in my mind, but unlike Goliath it cannot reprint itself.  I will give your suggestion a try (play it like a HE-spamming kiting CL) and see if I fare any better...

Good luck and hope it's helpful!

• Like 2

Honestly, play it a bit more like a Zao that can pop a smoke every now and then when things get a bit too warm. You want to be firing once or twice and then going dark and keeping them guessing where you'll be when you next strike. Like the French super-heavies you love a good broadside cruiser to shoot at, but you need to play a bit further back than they do. So quite often you'll be harassing BBs with HE while they are stuck in a reload.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kynami said:

Honestly, play it a bit more like a Zao that can pop a smoke every now and then when things get a bit too warm. You want to be firing once or twice and then going dark and keeping them guessing where you'll be when you next strike. Like the French super-heavies you love a good broadside cruiser to shoot at, but you need to play a bit further back than they do. So quite often you'll be harassing BBs with HE while they are stuck in a reload.

This could also work