Anyone has problem with long load in times?

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

I have a pretty good but older gaming PC and 500/100 fiber internet and dont have any problem playing any other online games, but for some reason it takes me a long while to start up the game and many times when I push the "Battle" button it can take a long while before I load into the game. I can usually sit and watch my team starting to move on the minimap in the lobby for 2-3 min before my ship loads in.

Anyone else have this problem?

Having my activity handler (?) up it doesn't look like my CPU or GPU works hard at all with the game?! Anything special you can do to improve something?

• Like 3

I am running on both NA and EU servers here, and there really are no issues here.  There are a few occasions when I click on some (button) in the game, I get the spinning icon and do not advance to the page I selected, but that does not happen often.

• Like 2

I haven't had any issues with the game in a very long time. 

I would suspect that the internet connections and capabilities are the root cause of most stalled or slow game play.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I have a pretty good but older gaming PC and 500/100 fiber internet and dont have any problem playing any other online games, but for some reason it takes me a long while to start up the game and many times when I push the "Battle" button it can take a long while before I load into the game. I can usually sit and watch my team starting to move on the minimap in the lobby for 2-3 min before my ship loads in.

Having my activity handler (?) up it doesn't look like my CPU or GPU works hard at all with the game?! Anything special you can do to improve something?

I've not been experiencing unusual load-in times (during the past few days).  Haven't played yet, today.

• Like 3

One thing I did notice when returning to port is that the game seems to forget what my economic bonuses were until I select another ship and go back to the one I played.

Might be lag or a in game issue not sure yet. My internet is Bell Fibe 500 up and 500 down.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've not been experiencing unusual load-in times (during the past few days).  Haven't played yet, today.

Okay.  So, I played several games, today.
I was disconnected once (while filling-out a WG/WOWs survey), and disconnected once during the final minute of a battle.
Other than that, the game has been behaving okay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I can usually sit and watch my team starting to move on the minimap in the lobby for 2-3 min before my ship loads in.

I've only had that happen once or maybe twice in a few years. Watched one whole game in the wait lobby, could even hear myself firing shells if I clicked the mouse. Never got to actually see the game though lol

• Like 1

I have similar lag in entire Christmas update especally when armory and shipyard loading and in start of battle others start while I still wait to finish loading of map

14 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Do you have a solid state hard drive, or a mechanical drive? WoWs will take considerably longer time to load with a mechanical drive.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Do you have a solid state hard drive, or a mechanical drive? WoWs will take considerably longer time to load with a mechanical drive.

This.  ^^^^

Every computer has a limit somewhere in its design.  Some computer components can process data faster than other components.
So the "faster" parts can be forced to wait for the slower parts to process data.
Nowadays, the SSD (Solid State Drive) is significantly faster in data-throughput when compared with older HDD designs.

I suggest looking for the "bottleneck" in your computers @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube and @VedranSeawolf359.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This game can be run on a potato. I'm having no problems running it at very high graphics settings on a 14-year-old system. As previously stated, it's likely an internet issue. Check your latency, even with a fast internet connection you can still have latency issues, especially if you are playing on a server that's in a different area of the world.

• Like 2

I've played this game since CB in 2015, and regardless of connection speed from two laptop computers I've always had at best 1-2m load times into battle; regardless of team size. I've tried tech support but they almost always say it's the graphics card or the computer itself.

• Like 1

I do had few issues with connection and login in, so I did use repair game, and finally login me in correct. Most of time, it's good, not too bad when login the game, after that internet smoothly play for me during battle and dock port. Just login in is only thing I had issues in few time, so I use repair when it's was come up issues. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

I have 5 SSD:s in my PC and WoW is on one of them, 16 GB Ram 500/100 Mbit fiber internet. Never ever had any issues with all other triple A titels like Cyberpunk etc I play but WoW is like going thru mud from some reason?!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

This.  ^^^^

Every computer has a limit somewhere in its design.  Some computer components can process data faster than other components.
So the "faster" parts can be forced to wait for the slower parts to process data.
Nowadays, the SSD (Solid State Drive) is significantly faster in data-throughput when compared with older HDD designs.

I suggest looking for the "bottleneck" in your computers @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube and @VedranSeawolf359.

Is there an easy way or program that can detect bottlenecks?

11 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This game can be run on a potato. I'm having no problems running it at very high graphics settings on a 14-year-old system. As previously stated, it's likely an internet issue. Check your latency, even with a fast internet connection you can still have latency issues, especially if you are playing on a server that's in a different area of the world.

I did a testrun on my internet provider and got this, dont know if this show "latency"

image.thumb.png.752bb1481618315231ae2b10cd124300.png

First one is Download, then Upload and last is respons time.

I also clocked the time it takes for me to load into the "Daily reward" page after I clicked the "Play" button on the game launcher and it takes 1 min 16 seconds, dont know if this is normal or bad.

Feels like sometimes it takes even longer than that. And as I mentioned, sometimes im stuck in the lobby for 2-4 min before the game lets me into the game, usually with the "Report Oldschool for being afk" posts in team chat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I did a testrun on my internet provider and got this, dont know if this show "latency"

See how long it takes to connect to the WOWS servers. Open a command prompt and enter:

ping login1.worldofwarships.eu

Minimum = 139ms, Maximum = 145ms, Average = 140ms

That's what I get for the EU server from NA so the reverse should be similar.

ping wotna3.login.wargaming.net

Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 34ms, Average = 33ms

That's around what you should get locally if you are near the EU servers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

See how long it takes to connect to the WOWS servers. Open a command prompt and enter:

ping login1.worldofwarships.eu

Minimum = 139ms, Maximum = 145ms, Average = 140ms

That's what I get for the EU server from NA so the reverse should be similar.

ping wotna3.login.wargaming.net

Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 34ms, Average = 33ms

That's around what you should get locally if you are near the EU servers.

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 22ms, Average = 22ms

Dont know what this means tho.........?!

• Like 2

means your connection is good 🙂

Juste one question though : is it only the loading of the game which is long or do you also experience latency in the game once you started ?

4 minutes ago, Silence_CN said:

means your connection is good 🙂

Juste one question though : is it only the loading of the game which is long or do you also experience latency in the game once you started ?

Never really had an issue in an ongoing match, just starting the game with the launcher and loading into a match when clicking the "Battle" button.

28 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

You have no latency and much more bandwidth than you need to play the game. There's really no reason for long loading times. Do you have an anti-virus suite installed? If so, try temporarily disabling it and go back to Windows Security. Also, are you on a home network? If so, then in your router's settings give your gaming computer the highest priority.

• Like 2

Word of advice and from a painful, frustrating experience I had.  I, too, had trouble with WoWs in the middle of last year, and it was the only game I had issues with - disconnects and s...l...o...w loading.  From looking at what you have listed so far, I do not believe the issue is with your PC. Your internet looks great, by the way.

I did all the normal things like running WG check and repair, etc., but the issue still persisted.  One thing that you probably have done if you are using the WG client is to make sure you have checked the "additional software" section.  There are some components that I believe are additional MS Visual C++ that may need to be added, which the additional software will ensure you have.  

Additional.png.afc246133da1cd5dbb084ab56abb1ddb.png

This actually helped me but did not totally solve the disconnects I had.  The disconnect was due to an issue of having an older cable modem and ports needed for WoWs blocked.  I replaced the modem and never had a problem after that.

Also did a complete uninstall and install for absolutely no reason in hindsight.  So I feel your frustration - I have been there myself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You have no latency and much more bandwidth than you need to play the game. There's really no reason for long loading times. Do you have an anti-virus suite installed? If so, try temporarily disabling it and go back to Windows Security. Also, are you on a home network? If so, then in your router's settings give your gaming computer the highest priority.

I only use Windows security. I have a new great router and I given my PC priority and also using cable connection. So go figure...?!

9 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Word of advice and from a painful, frustrating experience I had.  I, too, had trouble with WoWs in the middle of last year, and it was the only game I had issues with - disconnects and s...l...o...w loading.  From looking at what you have listed so far, I do not believe the issue is with your PC. Your internet looks great, by the way.

I did all the normal things like running WG check and repair, etc., but the issue still persisted.  One thing that you probably have done if you are using the WG client is to make sure you have checked the "additional software" section.  There are some components that I believe are additional MS Visual C++ that may need to be added, which the additional software will ensure you have.  

This actually helped me but did not totally solve the disconnects I had.  The disconnect was due to an issue of having an older cable modem and ports needed for WoWs blocked.  I replaced the modem and never had a problem after that.

Also did a complete uninstall and install for absolutely no reason in hindsight.  So I feel your frustration - I have been there myself.

Tried this, will check if it had some impact!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

22ms = 22 milliseconds.  Lower number is better performance.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 4:58 PM, HogHammer said:

I think this actually worked! Atleast no delays yet since I tried this. Many tanks!

16 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I think this actually worked! Atleast no delays yet since I tried this. Many tanks!

Fingers crossed on my end...hope it is a permanent fix.

• Like 1