Request for Information: At what position do you see Yorktown in the Paid Battle Pass? It seems to vary.

Ensign Cthulhu

So far, I have seen her described as being in positions start, 10 and 20. Where does she show for you, regardless of whether you're going to get the paid track or not?

Data on the position of Independence would also be appreciated.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

Yorktown in position 20. Independence in position 15 of the regular track.

I bought the battle pass and Yorktown is in position 20 for me.

Yorktown.jpg

Edited by palestreamer

This photo doesn't show the bottom rewards unlocked . Did you play first and then purchase battle pass? I purchased first then played.

Welcome to the new daily progress/lootbox hybrid.

Edit:  the advantage is you know exactly how far you have to progress to get which rewards.  The downside is the currency is cheeks-in-seats with a one-time doubloon cost.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, clammboy said:

This photo doesn't show the bottom rewards unlocked . Did you play first and then purchase battle pass? I purchased first then played.

I played first and then bought the pass. Before starting anything it showed a Des Moines cammo as the stage 0 prize and Yorktown at 20.

1 minute ago, palestreamer said:

I played first and then bought the pass. Before starting anything it showed a Des Moines cammo as the stage 0 prize and Yorktown at 20.

I don't know then....... seems to be random.

Yorktown at 10, paid pass. Independence at 15, regular.

image.thumb.png.da4b24145a9096950e64ff8a5d73c88e.png

I have it at 10.

5 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yorktown at 10, paid pass. Independence at 15, regular.

Same for me.

10 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

The downside is the currency is cheeks-in-seats

Not sure what you mean by this.

It's possible to play the battle pass right to the end (or to the relevant stage of the reward you want) and then pay it out to get the paid track rewards. If you're a Moby whale, you can even unlock the whole kit and caboodle on the first day (though I would definitely advise against that).

My guess is that WG is trying to see what rewards offered early lead to more players spending up front. A lot of players wait until near the end of the patch and decide based on their progression whether to purchase the paid pass. Players putting down money early and not finishing the pass means both more revenue and fewer rewards (in game resources) being distributed.

Edited by Nevermore135

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

y guess is that WG is trying to see what rewards offered early lead to more players spending up front. A lot of players wait until near the end of the patch and decide based on their progression whether to purchase the paid pass. Players putting down money early and not finishing the pass means both more revenue and fewer rewards (in game resources) being distributed

The reason is on the bottom of above post next to green line,

• Confused 1

Yorktown was right up front for me:

BP1.thumb.jpg.39a2cdf0654a2c7ecfdb32e2e510fa0d.jpg

...with both bonus packages at Stage 13, and Independence at Stage 15:

BP2.thumb.jpg.5c919f434a0aafb3f2b33173185aa34f.jpg

...and yeah, if their goal was to increase spending, they succeeded. No way I'm gonna grind through both Ranger (again) and Independence if I have an easy out like that, and they throw the bonus package for Yorktown on top. Sucker successfully hooked, WG.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

No way I'm gonna grind through both Ranger (again) and Independence

So Ranger is the branch point? That was the other thing I was interested to know.

7 minutes ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

and they throw the bonus package for Yorktown on top.

This is the thing which justifies the paid BP for me. I wouldn't do it if it were just the ship. 

25 minutes ago, clammboy said:

The reason is on the bottom of above post next to green line,

What’s your point? I already read the article and know what WG is doing (varying the reward distribution). There’s nothing there about the reason behind what WG is doing.

I was speculating on WG’s likely motivations for testing these variations. They aren’t doing this just for giggles after all.

Edited by Nevermore135

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Not sure what you mean by this.

It's possible to play the battle pass right to the end (or to the relevant stage of the reward you want) and then pay it out to get the paid track rewards. If you're a Moby whale, you can even unlock the whole kit and caboodle on the first day (though I would definitely advise against that).

The point is that, unlike lockboxes, you -have- to play the game constantly to climb the stages.  No shortcut by spending doubloons (that I know of).  I'm not necessarily against that, but with the randomization of the tracks, it seems to me this is the way they may retire lockboxes eventually.

1 minute ago, Jakob Knight said:

The point is that, unlike lockboxes, you -have- to play the game constantly to climb the stages. 

This appears to have become much easier to do, at least in terms of reaching the set number of stages (not the after-progression).

Among other things, winning is no longer a consideration. Remember, later stages in the daily missions used to require BXP in winning games.

Yorktown on position zero of the bottom paid row, Independence in position 15 of the top free row.

World of Warships tmp.jpg

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

No Yorktown, just Christmas stuff.

EU switches on Thursdays, the day after NA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, b101uk said:

EU switches on Thursdays, the day after NA

Will be radioing my report in when Yorktown is spotted.

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Will be radioing my report in when Yorktown is spotted.

Will it be a report of a fourth carrier sighted? :classic_tongue:

• Haha 1