CV aiming is squirrelly

Snargfargle

CV aiming seems to be squirrelly since the patch. Has anyone played a CV yet?

11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Not yet.  I'll look into it.  Just finished updating the game.

I had no new problems with Midway this morning.

I've had a graphical bug with the Midway torp bomber reticle not shrinking as it should visibly, but the ACTUAL drop RNG being correct for the last few patches.

What aiming issues are you seeing?

I just played my Ranger in a random battle.
Other than my own ineptitude or good dodging by opponents, the ordnance seemed to perform normally.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

What aiming issues are you seeing?

On my Midway, it seems like the aiming reticle isn't as stable as it was before but slides around like I don't have Sight Stabilization, which I do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

On my Midway, it seems like the aiming reticle isn't as stable as it was before but slides around like I don't have Sight Stabilization, which I do.

I see the same, it's most noticeable with the torp bombers...and it's not every time, right?

I'm betting that it's a graphical bug...as I'm not seeing actually bad drop RNG.

I've noticed this over the last half of 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just sailed my Erich Loewenhardt.  No issues with aerial ordnance behavior.

21 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Define "squirrlly"? Im Swedish and not accustomed to this description.

On another note, when aiming reticle on CVs do you guys usually use only mouse or only A+D or both?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

In that case .......Nooooo .... I haven't seen that ingame ............. yet!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Played a few CV games last night, made some bomb attacks. It didn't feel any different. 

Torpedoes and rare uses of rockets felt fine.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

On another note, when aiming reticle on CVs do you guys usually use only mouse or only A+D or both?

In my experience, the issue is only the Midway torpedo bomber reticle.

I have sight stabilization, which increases the rate at which the reticle narrows.

On some attacks, the reticle doesn't narrow as though I had sight stabilization...but as though I do NOT have it.

It's subtle, and only really noticeable if you have lots of games played on the certain torpedo plane.

The really interesting kicker is that the torpedo drop RNG (where the torpedoes actually go) behaves as though I DO have sight stabilization...

So I can be making an attack and the RETICLE doesn't narrow down to tight...but the actual drop is narrowed down to tight.

I personally think this is a graphical bug with the display of the reticle...and not with the ordinance drop.

Of course, this is devilishly difficult to demonstrate, because the reticles are known to be bugged in replay files...so the only way to capture this I think is by recording the screen during gameplay...which is beyond my current toolset.

And yes, I aim primarily with the mouse.

• Like 3

• Snargfargle changed the title to CV aiming is squirrelly
2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I use the WASD keys and the mouse according to the situation in-game.
Whatever I need to do in order to get my planes in position and perform an on-target drop of ordnance.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

In my experience, the issue is only the Midway torpedo bomber reticle.

I have sight stabilization, which increases the rate at which the reticle narrows.

On some attacks, the reticle doesn't narrow as though I had sight stabilization...but as though I do NOT have it.

It's subtle, and only really noticeable if you have lots of games played on the certain torpedo plane.

The really interesting kicker is that the torpedo drop RNG (where the torpedoes actually go) behaves as though I DO have sight stabilization...

So I can be making an attack and the RETICLE doesn't narrow down to tight...but the actual drop is narrowed down to tight.

I personally think this is a graphical bug with the display of the reticle...and not with the ordinance drop.

Of course, this is devilishly difficult to demonstrate, because the reticles are known to be bugged in replay files...so the only way to capture this I think is by recording the screen during gameplay...which is beyond my current toolset.

And yes, I aim primarily with the mouse.

I never played Midway, only Malta, Naki and the IJN one and Maltas torp reticle is like FDR in that way that it narrows quite fast and then you can make a U-turn without the reticle getting bigger. And Naki I think has really narrow spread, almost good for bow in targets.