World of Warships Feeding the Duck

MysticalWar

World of Warships Colbert the Menace.

I got to get a Colbert.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MysticalWar said:

I got to get a Colbert.

It is a fun ship to play and, in my opinion, requires a pretty high skill level.  I have it and have watched John_The_Ruthless - Twitch play it just to observe and pick up tips.  He is a master at playing the Colbert and I would highly recommend if you can catch his stream.

(Wow, I made it into the video credits, too!)

• Like 3

There are many bad things you can say about Colbert, but you can't say she ain't fun. If you can get her you should, she is one of my favorite ships, if not my favorite ship in the game. I think the only ship i have more games in is Marceau, but only because she was my first high tier coal ship.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

If you can get her you should

The only reason I've held off on Colbert is because I have Smolensk (I got her for coal on the day she released). In the co-op context, which is where I spend most of my time, Smolensk appears to do everything Colbert can do and some other things besides. Looking at the numbers shows me nothing that Colbert adds to that, apart from being able to take the Honores and Auboyneau as captains, and considering that I'm not one of those people who constantly regrinds to farm RB points, I have to choose my RB ships carefully.

Therefore, I tend to pick ships that are weird and wonderful, like Illinois and Druid, over ones that duplicate roles filled by ships I already have. That being said, it was a difficult choice between Druid and Colbert last time, and Colbert is almost certainly going to be the next RB ship on my list. WG would have to offer something truly spectacular to cut in on her at this point. 

• Like 3