Armory available

Efros

Just checked the online page for the Armory and it is available and open for business, first Random Bundle...

d1ef8b2ea06437aca3e5bdb2323f6671.png

Edited by Efros
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• Efros changed the title to Armory available

And i will not be surprised when i see some of these hugely expensive ships a very short time after the new update is live...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bai7200 said:

And i will not be surprised when i see some of these hugely expensive ships a very short time after the new update is live...

I saw one in my first battle at 7AM.

Poor guy got stuck on a team collapsing into a death spiral.

• Sad 1

The OP is a good reminder that not every RI you see in battle today is being helmed by a “whale” with more money than sense.

Now if you are seeing Essexes on day one… :classic_laugh:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BlueNautilus said:

Lucky you!

Ditto.  🙂  ^^^^

Nice "RNG" @Efros🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Efros said:

Just checked the online page for the Armory and it is available and open for business, first Random Bundle...

is it 1000 doublons per bundle?

USS Rhode Island was not my number one bundle.  If it is the number two bundle on my account I will never know.

• Like 2

was my number two bundle, I only chucked a spare 2k at it that was left over from the 5k I got for the battle pass (3k), and behold it showed up as the second bundle, needless to say I purchased 2.5k more doubloons to get it.

so all-told I spent 7k doubloons for the battle pass (3k) [Yorktown at 0] and USS Rhode Island (2 x 2k), 

as an extra bit of luck for today, the two xmas containers from 25 or 26 or whatever it was in the dockyard event yielded the CV Aquila and 30days.

World of Warships 10_01_2024 18_32_36 copy.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Efros said:

Congratulations.  I keep waiting for this kind of luck on one of these random bundles, but it hasn't happened yet.  Who knows how many might have been available to me on the second bundle - I never buy them.

17 hours ago, Efros said:

I hate you.

Stealing my birth state.

1 hour ago, Bomont said:

Congratulations.  I keep waiting for this kind of luck on one of these random bundles, but it hasn't happened yet.  Who knows how many might have been available to me on the second bundle - I never buy them.

Seriously, though, it's happened for me.  I can't complain.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Haha 1

As RI is not my first bundle, I will not be obtaining this ship. I will also not be spending any money on the event.

PS: The event camos look really bad this time around.

6 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

As RI is not my first bundle, I will not be obtaining this ship. I will also not be spending any money on the event.

Ditto!

17 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The event camos are historical this time…

22 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

The event camos are historical this time…

Bully for them, but compared to other EA events we had more striking camos for new lines, with historical stuff being moved to anniversary events etc.

11 hours ago, Helstrem said:

USS Rhode Island was not my number one bundle.  If it is the number two bundle on my account I will never know.

I will admit that is my usual approach, this is the first time ever I've got a ship on the first bundle.

2 hours ago, Efros said:

I will admit that is my usual approach, this is the first time ever I've got a ship on the first bundle.

I have bought a couple first bundles because they were either the ship or the single large cache of event tokens.  I will not buy the bundles of boosters and signals.

Buying the first bundle in the Japanese battlecruiser event got me the 6000 Japanese tokens, which combined with the performance rewards allowed me to get Yumihari, the economic bonus package for Yumihari and the economic bonus package for Adatara.

10 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Bully for them, but compared to other EA events we had more striking camos for new lines, with historical stuff being moved to anniversary events etc.

I believe this is the first early access event that is completely independent of MK/Lesta in that it doesn’t have counterpart in the other game. I’m not surprised that the camos are simple (after all, compare the MK and WoWs camos for Michelangelo) in contrast to the recent IJN CC and Spanish cruiser camos, but at the same time they could have been something like the US hybrid BB camos, which were also simple but still striking and not historical (or historically-inspired, since the ships never existed).

My thinking is that WG is stretching their a art department resources to their limits, so where in the past they might have had multiple camos in development (i.e. more striking event camos and more historic camos) they instead decided on just one, simpler set for US CVs. We’ve also seen quite a few premium ships announced in the Dev blogs that don’t have camo developed yet, and recent premium and tech tree releases/announcements are leaning heavily on existing assets.

Edited by Nevermore135

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

I believe this is the first early access event that is completely independent of MK/Lesta in that it doesn’t have counterpart in the other game. I’m not surprised that the camos are simple (after all, compare the MK and WoWs camos for Michelangelo) in contrast to the recent IJN CC and Spanish cruiser camos, but at the same time they could have been something like the US hybrid BB camos, which were also simple but still striking and not historical (or historically-inspired, since the ships never existed).

My thinking is that WG is stretching their a art department resources to their limits, so where in the past they might have had multiple camos in development (i.e. more striking event camos and more historic camos) they instead decided on just one, simpler set for US CVs. We’ve also seen quite a few premium ships announced in the Dev blogs that don’t have camo developed yet, and recent premium and tech tree releases/announcements are leaning heavily on existing assets.

Yeah I'm thinking a lot of WG's art/modeling department stayed with Lesta considering that every new ship announced since 12.9 except Encounter, Cerberus, and Wiesbaden is/looks very much like a direct copy of an existing model with different stats or old CVs from days long gone (Rhode Island, Tianjin, Yorktown, Essex, Independence, Jupiter, Minegumo, Sicilia, every other Commonwealth cruiser, Victoria, Prince Orange, Chikuma, and Wisconsin) and even Encounter and Cerberus use copy pastaed Nottingham turrets.

Also Japanese BCs may of been the first, because they are not on Russia, and no mention of them has ever been found there, so I think the last WG/Lesta ship lines/ship releases were Spanish cruisers EA and Michaelangelo/FF.

Congrats! On that way I get Adriatico DD and Chinese copy of British Tier IX BB.