Is Jaeger a good ship

kriegerfaust

Looks like the next campaign ship for Legends is the European Destroyer Jaeger, Tier 7.  Thats right instead of being knocked down from 9 to 8 Legends has her at 7.  She looks interesting with only three guns but a rate of fire of every four seconds.  Twelve torpedoes all on the centerline make her more a torp boat.  Is she any good, i will not be fighting it out with destroyers but is she a good ship.  Oh, and thanks again for tolerating this Console peasant among the console elites.

44 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

Looks like the next campaign ship for Legends is the European Destroyer Jaeger, Tier 7.  Thats right instead of being knocked down from 9 to 8 Legends has her at 7.  She looks interesting with only three guns but a rate of fire of every four seconds.  Twelve torpedoes all on the centerline make her more a torp boat.  Is she any good, i will not be fighting it out with destroyers but is she a good ship.  Oh, and thanks again for tolerating this Console peasant among the console elites.

Well in Wows PC she's eh at best. Stealthy and good torpedo power but lacks everything else if I'm being honest. She needs lots of help to make good plays and to carry the game.

• Like 2

Depending on what you mean by "good" I think. 😋

If you consider that guns are important, Jäger is not good (though the 150mm may be a surprise sometimes).
if you consider that having torps is important, then she is "good". But if you prefer torpedoes dealing damage, it is'nt (I needed 17 torpedo hits to sink a Yamato... ☹️ ).
She's a good torpedo spammer though.
Her AA is joke.

Having her, and 60 games with her, I wouldn't say it is a "good" ship.
Jäger's strengh lies elsewhere : she's an excellent spotter due to her concealment; she can forbid a zone  with torps, but the problem is that she has low impact on the game.
Rather nimble and very stealthy.

Nevertheless, the ship is undoubtedly funny to play.
This only make her a good ship... in my eyes at least. 🙂

Edited by Silence_CN
wrong expression
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kriegerfaust said:

Is she any good

You’re honestly better off waiting until some Legends content creators publish some reviews or gameplay and make that decision for yourself. The responses you’ve gotten so far (and will likely continue to get) will be relevant only to the PC game, which is very different. You’re setting yourself up for misinformation and potential disappointment.

@HogHammer, we should really have a dedicated Legends section for these types of specific gameplay-related inquires.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kriegerfaust said:

Yeah, the PC version of Jaeger is likely to be significantly different than the Legends version, so much so that any comparison to the PC version is irrelevant.

• Like 1

The PC version is below average, but has an unique playstyle, kind of a meme ship. There are some battles when she can sneak behind the enemy line and cause great havoc, but too many conditions need to be met for such a lucky combo.

Edited by Ocsimano18
  • Like 2

You see them both on top of T10 games and on the bottom so im guessing its down to the experience of the player in IJN Torp DDs. If you know how to read a minimap and survive other DDs, radars etc you can wreak havoc on an enemy flank.

• Like 1