Support (?!?) CV Essex from a CV Main

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

A "Support" CV that seems to outperform most of the strike CVs at T10. Seems perfectly balanced with that smoke edition as well.....

T8 got the Nerf Hammer but the T10 was left alone? Our hope as usual is that its "Nerfed by the skill of the playerbase".

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Classic bait and switch.

Leave tier X overpowered to drive early access sales...then nerf hammer it next year.

Exactly how the German and Russian CV lines were launched.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I remember how some CV mains were running interceptor builds to get some XP with Pobeda...

38 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Classic bait and switch.

Quit yer whinin', everyone knows global CV nerfs are coming, and this alone will put a brake on early access for this line.

• Haha 1

A reminder to all BB players that Essex still has her 25mm flight deck. Anything armed with larger than 14” guns can knock off large chunks of her HP from long range quite easily, unlike all other existing tier X-XI CVs (United States had her 25mm deck buffed during testing because she was so vulnerable).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Quit yer whinin', everyone knows global CV nerfs are coming, and this alone will put a brake on early access for this line.

I bet that the CVs won't be nerfed as much as most hope.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Classic bait and switch.

Leave tier X overpowered to drive early access sales...then nerf hammer it next year.

Exactly how the German and Russian CV lines were launched.

they are still strong...

5 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

A "Support" CV that seems to outperform most of the strike CVs at T10. Seems perfectly balanced with that smoke edition as well.....

that would be because the limited number of people playing them along with the vast number of people that are unsure of counters perturb their effectiveness drastically upwards, you would think people would be clever enough to know this by now, rather than crying wolf over stats that are NOT indicative of the average player base.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

A reminder to all BB players that Essex still has her 25mm flight deck. Anything armed with larger than 14” guns can knock off large chunks of her HP from long range quite easily, unlike all other existing tier X-XI CVs (United States had her 25mm deck buffed during testing because she was so vulnerable).

Still have to spot the bastard tho .... were talking a CV with its own smoke screen. But sure, first newbie setting Autopilot to B cap will probably die fast.

2 hours ago, b101uk said:

that would be because the limited number of people playing them along with the vast number of people that are unsure of counters perturb their effectiveness drastically upwards, you would think people would be clever enough to know this by now, rather than crying wolf over stats that are NOT indicative of the average player base.

I wasent talking about the numbers playing them, I was talking about the findings of a Super Unicum CV Main. 

As usual the OP:ness will be balanced some by the skill level of the playerbase. Thats the only balancing WG makes these days.

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Still have to spot the bastard tho .... were talking a CV with its own smoke screen. But sure, first newbie setting Autopilot to B cap will probably die fast.

When Essex was playable during the special game mode on the live server, I lost count of how many times I watched the ship get dumped on by BBs from across the map. She’s not that difficult to spot, particularly since there is always a friendly CV to spot for you. I had great fun asking the friendly CV to spot her and sinking her in a couple salvos early in the match.

Most players don’t realize how much the armored flight decks of other tier X CVs contribute to their survivability. I’m still shocked she’s coming to live without a buff.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

An easy target for Malta drivers I'd bet. 

1 hour ago, hipcanuck said:

An easy target for Malta drivers I'd bet. 

Is it?

It gets special fighters to defend itself...

12 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

When Essex was playable during the special game mode on the live server, I lost count of how many times I watched the ship get dumped on by BBs from across the map. She’s not that difficult to spot, particularly since there is always a friendly CV to spot for you. I had great fun asking the friendly CV to spot her and sinking her in a couple salvos early in the match.

Most players don’t realize how much the armored flight decks of other tier X CVs contribute to their survivability. I’m still shocked she’s coming to live without a buff.

I think like in most cases its a skills issue. Just parking behind any of the islands usually negates the crossmap blap tactic. Or just deploy youre own "crawling smoke" for the Autopilot course.

On 1/9/2024 at 6:44 AM, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

T8 got the Nerf Hammer but the T10 was left alone? Our hope as usual is that its "Nerfed by the skill of the playerbase".

Like Bach on piano, its purely timing and keyboard technique. 

Sure took Wedgie long enough to return the Essex - it was an RTS CV (for those who were around then). 

"They just put their fighter squadron on top of the enemy's attack squadron and then they have to instantly recall the squadron or they instantly loose their planes, that is how scary these fighters are"

just wondering in light of upcoming changes to plane spotting how essex 25mm flight deck would pose a problem for the foreseeable performance of the ship? i mean, as soon those changes hit it doesn't matter anymore if it got bad concealment or those 25mm... it's kinda safe as long the capt'n halfway has an eye on the map ^^...