To push or not to puussh.......

Andrewbassg

THE Question.  

16 members have voted

1. 1. THE Question.

Kitakamii.png

That is the question......

On one hand I feel (a bit) the urge, aka GAS ( Gear Acquisition Syndrome) on the other the rational guy says that's TWO fully "paid" ships.....perhaps more.

Hmmmm.....Smile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67

Edited by Andrewbassg

Ultimately up to you, but the people in my clan who actually got it have pretty much only played said Kitakami 6-8 times each. The Defence on the other hand has been getting a heck of a lot more play and some of them were having fun with the Ferruccio in ranked. That huge torp spread is meme worthy... but so is that outrageous reload time. And if you get spotted (which is quite easy with 12km radar proliferation at T10 and carriers being in every third game...) you do not live very long.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Verytis said:

Should had made a poll.

Done.

If I'd had the resources for Kitakami, which I did not, I would have got it for the memes.

"...or not to puussh..."

You're in the labour and delivery ward, screaming at your girl to finish giving birth to Kitakami.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched Flambass play an excellent match with the Kitakami and think it can truly be an effective ship in random against all ship classes.  Get it if you can and please don't play on the enemy side. 

6 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Done.

Poll not valid. No Bacon option. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Poll not valid. No Bacon option. 

Me likes bacon. But I can't bacon dis decision. You can, by non voting. 14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

You gotta have it. You just gotta. Then take pictures and show off to us: you and Kitakami on holiday, at the beach, drinking cocktails. We will drool.

• Haha 3

Don't be silly: you have a month still to go, with the 2x RB reset before it's over. Do some tech-tree regrinding and save some steel, at least.

You only have Stalingrad and Plymouth if I read it right, and while you have very few RB ships as well, at a rate of 1700 steel : 2400 RP you should pay with the latter whenever you can.

Edited by tocqueville8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I voted "nay" because that's a lot of steel, and looking at your profile, there are still other steel ships which you don't have and which are probably more useful/versatile/forgiving.  Having said that, ultimately it's up to you 🙂

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Don't be silly: you have a month still to go, with the 2x RB reset before it's over. Do some tech-tree regrinding and save some steel, at least.

You only have Stalingrad and Plymouth if I read it right, and while you have very few RB ships as well, at a rate of 1700 steel : 2400 RP you should pay with the latter whenever you can.

Ahh.......I thought it is the last moment..... How i missed tha actual deadline.....cap_fainting.gif

Thank you, yes dis changes everything. cap_like.gif

Btw no more Plymouth, I gave her back, hence the steel....

22 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

I voted "nay" because that's a lot of steel, and looking at your profile, there are still other steel ships which you don't have and which are probably more useful/versatile/forgiving.  Having said that, ultimately it's up to you 🙂

Yeah but thats the thing,  I dont see ships  which would peak da  interest....

Just now, Andrewbassg said:

Yeah but thats the thing,  I dont see ships  which would peak da  interest....

According to your profile, the vast majority of your random battles are played in cruisers.  Stalingrad is a ship some people call boring but it can do well in randoms and still features regularly in CBs.  Plymouth is probably an acquired taste but if you're into cruisers, you might like it (see here for an interesting view on it).  And if you like to torture yourself playing CLs, you just might enjoy Austin.  Those three are arguably different enough from tech tree ships to merit consideration.  Plus, you have less than 5,000 battles in random, so your views on which ships appeal to you could well change, e.g. once you start playing BB/CV/DD more often.  Maybe take a look at some YouTube videos of Kitakami games, and see if that kind of play style appeals to you?  But don't just look at snippets showing where it does well; you will want to see full replays.

• Thanks 1

Good Kitakami play is boring on toast (just like good Jager play) - but it's a serious (prolonged) adrenaline ride when you are making plays in either of these boats, particularly if you need to open up with your guns (Jager's guns are better BTW).

I'm also considering getting Kitakami, but having tested it's various incarnations I know what I'm getting, and need to decide if that's worth it.

That said, can you imagine 3-4 of these in a clan battle? Pick a cap and completely flood it with torps, wash rinse repeat. I guess you can already do this with a bunch of Shima's...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

According to your profile, the vast majority of your random battles are played in cruisers.  Stalingrad is a ship some people call boring but it can do well in randoms and still features regularly in CBs.  Plymouth is probably an acquired taste but if you're into cruisers, you might like it (see here for an interesting view on it).  And if you like to torture yourself playing CLs, you just might enjoy Austin.  Those three are arguably different enough from tech tree ships to merit consideration.  Plus, you have less than 5,000 battles in random, so your views on which ships appeal to you could well change, e.g. once you start playing BB/CV/DD more often.  Maybe take a look at some YouTube videos of Kitakami games, and see if that kind of play style appeals to you?  But don't just look at snippets showing where it does well; you will want to see full replays.

Very good and interesting points. Stain is not necessarily my cup of tea. i mean she is a strong ship, no doubt buut...mmmhm.. Austin did make me wonder, but  she seems to be waay too situational and team dependent vs Colbert for that price tag.

As for randoms i have a bit more 🙂  coz NA too, but I greatly prefer ranked and special  modes i have more ranked battles  than randoms (5700 vs 5200 EU  5300 vs 1100 NA) . The OG randoms were 9v9, all maps and indeed the whole game was conceived under that premise.  12 v 12 is waay too much, but Wedgie run with it, coz reasons.

Yes I like cruisers 🙂 i like the pirate style and to pull the whiskers of the sleeping tiger 🙂  BBabbies not so much, Cv's at all, coz while I like their battle influence, the current iteration is not.....lets say "optimal" and also the rinse repeat and against the clock playstyle,  ummm.....nope. Dd's ... I would have liked them, but Cv spotting is a big nay and I don't think that the touted changes are in the right direction. We'll see...

51 minutes ago, BlueNautilus said:

Plymouth is probably an acquired taste but if you're into cruisers, you might like it (see here for an interesting view on it)

Now this "review" is very interesting and very in depth about a LOT of things and concepts . Deserves to be talked about and a LOT of  attention. I would recommend starting a thread about it. 

• Like 1

if you have the resources go for it. but be ready to  experience some serious buyers remorse when other ships appears and you don't have the resources to get them.

• Like 1