Update 13.0 brings back the heroes of hololive production.

Wolfswetpaws

spacer.png

Update 13.0 brings back the heroes of hololive production. Popular Japanese VTubers are ready to fill the ranks of Commanders and plunge into the heat of naval battles back-to-back with players! Welcome back the hololive commanders with individual voiceovers! Players can also obtain hololive production expendable camouflages and a memorable flag during the event. 
But that's not all! Players can also complete combat missions to choose between Commander Fubuki Shirakami, with six skill points trained for I HASHIDATE, or Commander Moona Hoshinova, with six skill points trained for I CHENGAN as the final reward.Ⓒ 2016 COVER Corp.

Ⓒ 2016 COVER Corp.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-130-new-american-aircraft-carriers/
https://hololivepro.com/en/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm really not a fan of these anime crossover events. I understand there's a huge audience and they and trying to tap into it to get more people into the game but I'm here for the historical content and the semi-historical (ie: the napkin/paper ships, the hypothetical designs, etc) ... the twice a year I play the ARP ships I have to turn my sound off so I don't hear the high pitched screeching babble. My ships are warships commanded by men, not prepubescent girls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I'm really not a fan of these anime crossover events. I understand there's a huge audience and they and trying to tap into it to get more people into the game but I'm here for the historical content and the semi-historical (ie: the napkin/paper ships, the hypothetical designs, etc) ... the twice a year I play the ARP ships I have to turn my sound off so I don't hear the high pitched screeching babble. My ships are warships commanded by men, not prepubescent girls.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Hololive efforts, and I enjoy listening to their unique voices in-game (and I follow some of them on youtube).
(And I enjoy the Arpeggio of Blue Steel and Azur Lane and High School Fleet collaborations, too.  Heck, even the Transformers collaboration is silly fun, for me.)

The game has menu options which allow you to enjoy your in-game experience as you prefer (based upon the quoted words, above).
I don't prevent you from having your fun.
Is it really so difficult to let others have their fun?  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i like them as well, their voiceovers and the ones from HSF are the best in the game, in my opinion. I'm still missing Houshou Marine and Amelia Watson and will get them this time.

Edited by UnrepentantSinner
  • Like 2

I’m never sad to see these types of events. They’re easy money for WG, give fans some desirable content, and have absolutely no detrimental effect on those you don’t care for the content and choose not to participate.

It’s a much healthier monetization strategy than some of the other strategies employed by WG and other developers.

• Like 4

anime for the most part strikes me as the perverse Japanese sexualisation of school girls etc, and is something that should have no place in this world, least of all WoWs

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, b101uk said:

anime for the most part strikes me as the perverse Japanese sexualisation of school girls etc, and is something that should have no place in this world, least of all WoWs

Perhaps you have only seen the perverted kind of anime and that has coloured your view?  It is a bit like saying Hollywood is all about blond bimbos; there are plenty of proper anime which do not involve sexualisation of school girls. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, b101uk said:

Personally, I'm glad that WG/WOWs entered into collaborations with anime franchises.

Your words are your own, and they express your sentiments.  Writing the words, here, is an action.
Thanks for sharing your expressions of yourself.  I value candor & clarity, even when they convey notions I don't subscribe to.  🙂 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Not a fan either but since they have given us the ability to turn that crap off, it does not bother me.  If some players like it, fine, I just don't want to look at it.  

I have not played the game with sound for years now. Muting the game makes it far more relaxing because you are avoiding all the audio that is meant to get your adrenaline going to give you a dopamine high. If you turn off the ARP content, that makes your captains look normal and I would imagine it gives you the default voice lines too. Maybe try that to get rid of the babbling teenager voices.  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, BlueNautilus said:

Perhaps you have only seen the perverted kind of anime and that has coloured your view?  It is a bit like saying Hollywood is all about blond bimbos; there are plenty of proper anime which do not involve sexualisation of school girls. 

maybe take a look at the hololive web page, they have them superimposed with young people and girls portraying Japanese school girls.

33 minutes ago, b101uk said:

maybe take a look at the hololive web page, they have them superimposed with young people and girls portraying Japanese school girls.

It's probably best not to characterise the genre of anime based on things like hololive or Azurlane.  There are many proper and decent anime, both one-off movies (e.g. numerous Studio Ghibli titles, and works by the likes of Makoto Shinkai) as well as series (e.g. Attack on Titan, Star Blazers 2202, the earlier Gundam franchise,  etc.).  As a fellow WOWS player (and presumably WWII history enthusiast), I invite you to watch Grave of the Fireflies.  It just might change your perception of anime 🙂

Edited by BlueNautilus
  • Like 1