You too could work for WG...!?

Verblonde

Just logged into the game for an early(ish) morning muckabout, and had this pop up:

image.thumb.png.3005bb5770711a7b0539879160f5f8b0.png

Loving the optimism...!

(For clarity, I'd rather lower my Joy Department into a turbine running at several thousand rpm...)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Just logged into the game for an early(ish) morning muckabout, and had this pop up:

Loving the optimism...!

(For clarity, I'd rather lower my Joy Department into a turbine running at several thousand rpm...)

Considering WG's 'Demographic rework', shouldn't they remember to mention that they need to have a signed consent form from their parents first?

• Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'd rather lower my Joy Department into a turbine running at several thousand rpm...

You first, I insist! 🤣

• Haha 1

Reminder to at least try to include a basis for discussion or constructive value in topics created and the included posts.

• Bored 2

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You first, I insist! 🤣

Ah, I see you're a student of the Classics...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Discuss!

Heh! I just thought the notion might mildly amuse/interest folk...

I suppose, from a management perspective, recruiting for a role like this presents a potential challenge: on the one hand, there is value in having someone who uses and understands the product, and speaks the same language (metaphorically) as the customer base; meanwhile, you also want someone who understands the commercial realities and will cooperate with WG's more questionable decisions (which an enthusiast may well not)...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Loving the optimism...!

Are you gonna apply for the job, or not?

This is a low-cost recruiting method, targeting people who have already demonstrated some interest in World of Warships.
Like any sales/marketing/recuiting effort, a tiny percentage of those contacted will reply, and of those candidates an even smaller number will get an interview.

I wonder if we could infer that WOWs is looking to expand in certain markets, or anticpates turn-over in their current employment roster?

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Loving the optimism...!

Well... my "game betterment" consulting fees are  in the 5-10k/h ballpark. Wat ? CM duties? Ookay.......thanks for contacting me, I will get back to you as soon as my time permits it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

Are you gonna apply for the job, or not?

I refer you to my remark apropos turbines etc.

Of course, you're right; it just tickled my sarcasm glands - I probably need more coffee...

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I refer you to my remark apropos turbines etc.

Of course, you're right; it just tickled my sarcasm glands - I probably need more coffee...

I'll interpret that as a "No".  🙂

Personally I see no reason to break spinning turbines in that manner with my anatomy.  The turbines have done nothing to merit a quarrel, eh?  🙂 

23 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

You first, I insist! 🤣

6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gif

Idk why but dis video reminds me of 4 chaps from 2 servers..... 

0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'll interpret that as a "No".  🙂

Personally I see no reason to break spinning turbines in that manner with my anatomy.  The turbines have done nothing to merit a quarrel, eh?  🙂 

Laughing.gif.b044d50fbbe2c1b33e52e3a4ae4ba046.gif

sully-tom-hanks.gif

Making fun of WG trying to fish for a CM ingame is alright, but it's the background of it, that is telling.

If you click on the link (https://wargaming.com/en/careers/) and look around, you will be apprehensive of the picture their recruitment paints.

There's a boat load of open WoWS position in Prague and Belgrade. Some open positions:

-UI designer

-Art director

-Python dev

-Game Economy Designer

-Creative Director (Fluent Russian and proficient English skills)

-Ship design engineer WoWS 

This game has a stubborn upper management that is blind and inflexible. They need to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

This game has a stubborn upper management that is blind and inflexible. They need to go.

If the upper management goes, the game dies...

We would need a divine intervention on par with a Gandalf figure to get what we want, I think.

14 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'd love to know where that high opinion of the C-suite comes from. In my personal experience executives are like tits on a boar hog, I mean they're there, but serve no practical purpose. You can swap them out like lightbulbs, expensive ones.

Getting rid of people, whose vision is a narrow minded nationalistic self-delusion, might turn the game around. Imagine a game where certain classes or nations don't get  an unearned bonus.

I wasn't clear.

I was more thinking that if we ended up in a situation where the C suite equivalents here were ever to be removed...instead of putting in new people...they would just end the game.

18 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'd love to know where that high opinion of the C-suite comes from. In my personal experience executives are like tits on a boar hog, I mean they're there, but serve no practical purpose. You can swap them out like lightbulbs, expensive ones.

Getting rid of people, whose vision is a narrow minded nationalistic self-delusion, might turn the game around. Imagine a game where certain classes or nations don't get  an unearned bonus.

'Unearned bonus'? Yes, but the game balance would suffer if WG didn't boost non-Russian/Soviet ships in the game to match their performance level. No other navy has been able to come up with ships like the legendary Kamchatka that could single-handedly combat a whole squadron of Japanese torpedoboats. In the Channel, no less.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Unearned bonus'? Yes, but the game balance would suffer if WG didn't boost non-Russian/Soviet ships in the game to match their performance level. No other navy has been able to come up with ships like the legendary Kamchatka that could single-handedly combat a whole squadron of Japanese torpedoboats. In the Channel, no less.

Didn't the USS Maddux do the same against Vietnam's navy on 4th August, 1964?

Kamchatka's incidents were certainly amusing for their obvious farce...but she is not the only ship in history to make a fool of her fleet.

😄

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Kamchatka's incidents were certainly amusing for their obvious farce...but she is not the only ship in history to make a fool of her fleet.

😄

There appears to have been only three torpedo boats, far fewer than what the Kamchatka could handle, though.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Really don't want to play" know it all", but.........isn't she fired upon radar targets? And if Wiki don't lie, her skipper sent messages in which he doubted that attacks actually occurred.  And...she was attacked 2 days before.

I don't think that the two situations are comparable, Kamchatka thoght that she was attacked by japanese TB's off the coast of England(!!) and USS Maddox claimed to be attacked by NVA boats off the coast of Vietnam, while she was attacked 2 days before.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1

well, yeah, CMs do generally come up through the ranks of players.

taking NA as an example.. boggzy, ahskance, Gaishu, Brooklin, Hapa..  I'm sure the list would go on

Cheg quit EU not too long ago so this might be his replacement.

11 minutes ago, Dareios said:

Cheg quit EU not too long ago so this might be his replacement.

Seraphice is another EU example I know of.

Seraphice started out as a player, and a higher level comp one at that. And then got recruited as one of the EU CMs.

If you're an old player, you might also recognize the name TheSailingRobin. Another example of a high level player that started out as a CC and later became one of the WoWS CMs.

3 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Seraphice is another EU example I know of.

Seraphice started out as a player, and a higher level comp one at that. And then got recruited as one of the EU CMs.

If you're an old player, you might also recognize the name TheSailingRobin. Another example of a high level player that started out as a CC and later became one of the WoWS CMs.

I did not know Robin was a CM, havent seen his name pop up in red on any servers yet.