I don't see a game suggestion thread. Here are a couple of mine.

Titus_Pullo_13

When you mouse over the thumbnail of a ship, you can see the win rate of that ship.
It would be great if we could give names to the individual ships
I like the shore batteries in operations. Sprinkle a couple on the islands if you're going to hug an island, you have to work for it. 

Yours suggestions?

• Like 1

Win rates and player stats are toxic information.  I have seen so many players rage over that kind of info as the game starts, tanking their own game because of it and sometimes poisoning the resolve and focus of their team mates, as well.  Player information should be unknown so each game can be untainted by it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Well... there is a tool that allows us to mod ship names, though that is client side only as with any mods, and you essentially have to repeat the process after every update.

As for the shore batteries... why am I starting to think about bastion?....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Win rates and player stats are toxic information.  I have seen so many players rage over that kind of info as the game starts, tanking their own game because of it and sometimes poisoning the resolve and focus of their team mates, as well.  Player information should be unknown so each game can be untainted by it.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant winrate of your own boat while your in dock. I do very well in some ships and terrible in others. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant winrate of your own boat while your in dock. I do very well in some ships and terrible in others. 

You were pretty clear. Seemed a bit odd response from des. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

That would be a cool idea for less emotional ship choices. You know the ones where you feel you do great in ship X but actually you are only doing mediocre meanwhile ship Y and Z are superior choices.

I should add my own ideas here. I can only really think of some PvE ones really, I'd like the co-op bots to aim better like they used to, and I'd like the co-op bots to not all take mind to sail across the map after a certain ship and instead play the objectives more like the Asym bots do.

Edited by Darlith
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2024 at 6:36 PM, desmo_2 said:

Win rates and player stats are toxic information

Toxic to players who have low stats and want to blame them on anything other their own skill level. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 6:40 PM, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

I like the shore batteries in operations. Sprinkle a couple on the islands if you're going to hug an island, you have to work for it. 

They did that already. Was called “Bastion” mode. Cap the zone with the guns/shore batteries in it, it shot at the reds. The reds cap the zone, it shot at your a$ses.

The gun emplacements were destructible - could be shot up. Shooting them up took some experimentation - the shell path projection recognized terrain, but the aiming reticle didn’t target terrain - it still aimed at the point at sea level that the straight line projected toward.

Wasn’t well-liked; most people shot up the gun emplacements, to reduce it to a regular mode. I want to say the mode was gone by mid 2017.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

Yeah, sorry, I totally misread your intent.  When I re-read it now you were pretty clear.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Toxic to players who have low stats and want to blame them on anything other their own skill level. 

I don't see the low stat players being toxic.  It's usually an elitist player who as the game starts proclaims that we are going to lose because of our low win rate team.  That is often followed up with announcements of specific players' win rates, a comment about YOLO'ing full steam ahead to be sunk quickly so he can move on to a 'better' game, or an argument between team mates and a lot of name calling.  Even simple predictions from the stat shamers as the game starts such as, "this is a loss", has a negative impact on team mates' enjoyment of that game.  "We are going to lose" is often the first step in fulfilling that prophecy.

I don't think I have ever heard a player say, "We should have won this game because I played pro, but my win rate keeps screwing me over."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

It's usually an elitist player who as the game starts proclaims that we are going to lose because of our low win rate team. 

Being "elitist" is not sinonimous to having "good" stats or being a good player, the case you describe is more common among mediocre players who are unable to carry... I call it the small d!ck syndrome, they talk a lot and suplement their inadecuacy by shifting the blame from themselves and hiding behind some made-up stats. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Type_93 said:

I find stat shaming to be the purview of the try hard player rather than the low skill player.

I'm starting to see an uptick in unicum chat toxicity again. Sounds like I'll have to raise another campaign of tickets to WG support for some of these clans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I find stat shaming to be the purview of the try hard player rather than the low skill player.

Stat shaming (as any kind of bullying) is the purview of supressed feelings of inadequacy, a tool to reinforce an ailing self-esteem and has little to do with actual player skill, I've seen toxic behavior from terrible, average and good players alike... guess what they do have in common.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Stat shaming (as any kind of bullying) is the purview of supressed feelings of inadequacy, a tool to reinforce an ailing self-esteem and has little to do with actual player skill, I've seen toxic behavior from terrible, average and good players alike... guess what they do have in common.

LOL

I guess I can just look at your post for an example of the elitist toxicity that pervades the game.

I have experienced way more toxic behavior from unicums than I ever do from bad players.

Of course, this is likely because most bad players don't have the skill to actually communicate their toxicity.

Whereas elite players tend to self reinforce their poor behavior by always talking down on the rest of the playerbase.

Now, elites dont usually engage in profanity laden rants...but they do engage in insults and trolling far more than the lower skilled players.

Let's run a test, shall we?

Do you think it's appropriate to spam the 'Well Done' command three times when a teammate dies?

Do you really think players in game don't know that it's an insult?

Sure, no profanity or actual text was spoken...but the unicum still succeeded in bullying his teammates.

Toxic.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

LOL

I guess I can just look at your post for an example of the elitist toxicity that pervades the game.

I have experienced way more toxic behavior from unicums than I ever do from bad players.

Of course, this is likely because most bad players don't have the skill to actually communicate their toxicity.

Whereas elite players tend to self reinforce their poor behavior by always talking down on the rest of the playerbase.

Now, elites dont usually engage in profanity laden rants...but they do engage in insults and trolling far more than the lower skilled players.

Do you think it's appropriate to spam the 'Well Done' command three times when a teammate dies?

Sure, no profanity or actual text was spoken...but the unicum still succeeded in bullying his teammates.

Toxic.

I dare say you see it more from good players than bad players just because they can "get away with it"... it is easier to "talk back" to bad players because there's nothing sustaining the claim. Provided a similar "alibi", you'll see a similar behavior from many "bad" players... such behavior has nothing to do with stats, other than as enabler to feel "qualified" to indulge in bullying others. As I said, it isn't because they are "elite"... they just happen to be elite and that makes them feel more comfortable wearing the fool's hat. 

• Like 1

Ummm... This seems to have devolved into a discussion on player behavior, rather than new game modes. Any chance we could get this back on track - I found the idea of (previously implemented) "bastion" interesting, I'd throw in a suggestion that towns on the map can act as spotters for *both* teams, so you would need to be aware of (and avoid) such towns if you wanted to be stealthy. This would make some areas "DD free" zones, and make gameplay more interesting in that way, but we'd need a new "spotting" icon "spotted by town" or some such (spotted by spies? - maybe add a couple of lookout towers that were marked for each team that you could shell?)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

The Modstation at least had a mod like that, I don't know if it has any longer, or if Aslain's modpack has a similar mod.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Toxic.

Consider what our clan team experienced last night when we only had four players for an ASB and the fifth was a MM drop in......he simply wouldn't answer chat "hello and welcome to the carnival of errors clan !"  I knew the game name and have seen it for years and always, always got a response....  So, this morning as usual, that same game name popped up....  So, I asked what was going on last night?  "my grandson was playing my account and he had strict orders to stay off chat......"

Maybe, they don't even have chat available or know how to use it????

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

I'd throw in a suggestion that towns on the map can act as spotters for *both* teams, so you would need to be aware of (and avoid) such towns if you wanted to be stealthy. This would make some areas "DD free" zones, and make gameplay more interesting in that way, but we'd need a new "spotting" icon "spotted by town" or some such (spotted by spies? - maybe add a couple of lookout towers that were marked for each team that you could shell?)

Wouldn't it open a door to 'War crimes"?  

If the towns become destructible, you could be tempted to shell them to suppress their spotting ability... 

/s

18 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If the towns become destructible, you could be tempted to shell them to suppress their spotting ability...

Two Brothers has a tree ghost that watches everything.

• Like 1

Holy this topic went off the rails quick. 😂😂

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

LOL

Dude really? @ArIskandir is one of the most helpful people here. He makes valid points and keeps things pretty right down the middle. I ,and I’m sure most of the forum regulars, have never seen him be toxic or elitist in any post.  You may wanna point that toxic, elitist finger back at yourself.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2024 at 8:39 AM, SureBridge said:

Ummm... This seems to have devolved into a discussion on player behavior, rather than new game modes. Any chance we could get this back on track - I found the idea of (previously implemented) "bastion" interesting, I'd throw in a suggestion that towns on the map can act as spotters for *both* teams, so you would need to be aware of (and avoid) such towns if you wanted to be stealthy. This would make some areas "DD free" zones, and make gameplay more interesting in that way, but we'd need a new "spotting" icon "spotted by town" or some such (spotted by spies? - maybe add a couple of lookout towers that were marked for each team that you could shell?)

There has been a terrible erosion for concealment. It uses to mean something. But now, with DDs spotting (the best spotters) Hybrid ships, CVs and DDs with radar. we need less spotters. 

40 minutes ago, Titus_Pullo_13 said:

There has been a terrible erosion for concealment. It uses to mean something. But now, with DDs spotting (the best spotters) Hybrid ships, CVs and DDs with radar. we need less spotters. 

We need bigger maps. It's not like having more water pixels would bankrupt WG.

9 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

We need bigger maps. It's not like having more water pixels would bankrupt WG.

That would help but it would also require more band width

• Like 1