Jump to content

Which Super Ship BB would you choose?


OT2_2

Recommended Posts

Any of them are fine. They all make for great targets. 

17 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Ushakov or Hannover. Reason : I got those. And I got those because I couldn't care less about playing T11 backline sniper battleship.

I love players who grab those ships because  “Brawling”  They die so fast when you put a few racks of torps into them. It’s even better when they blame their team for no support. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

I tend to go for Satsuma, but Patrie and / or Devastation could also be strong alternatives. Currently not interested in Uchakov or Hannover. 

Satsuma and Devastation are best for random battles, however I have a feeling if there ever is a supership ranked again Hannover will be very great there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

atsuma and Devastation are best for random battles, however I have a feeling if there ever is a supership ranked again Hannover will be very great there.

Thank you! That was what I was thinking of - Random battles. Honestly, I'm not interested to snipe from far behind, which doesn't correspond to my temperament very well. But on the other hand I really own more than enough capable brawlers like Schlieffen, Navarin, Massa etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Any of them are fine. They all make for great targets. 

I love players who grab those ships because  “Brawling”  They die so fast when you put a few racks of torps into them. It’s even better when they blame their team for no support. 

I wouldn't know. Practically the only superbattleships I see are Satsuma, Patrie and Devastation in the backline, sniping from maximum range for zero effect. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

I wouldn't know. Practically the only superbattleships I see are Satsuma, Patrie and Devastation in the backline, sniping from maximum range for zero effect. 

Perhaps I should have a closer look at this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, OT2_2 said:

Thank you! That was what I was thinking of - Random battles. Honestly, I'm not interested to snipe from far behind, which doesn't correspond to my temperament very well. But on the other hand I really own more than enough capable brawlers like Schlieffen, Navarin, Massa etc. 

In SuperBBs brawling is incredibly hard in random battles. It requires many things to go correctly and you must have lots of game knowledge to pull it off. However if you do it successfully then you can easily smash through a flank.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're not forced to brawl in either Ushakov or Hannover, really, just operate from midrange and don't throw away your ship. Hannover has fast reloading big guns to overmatch battleships with and Ushakov is 135k armored wall with no superstructure. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

What do you actually need any of them for? True, they give a snow flake and so on, but at other times what are they good for? Blowing credits if you have too many?

And if I'm not mistaken, the snowflake was steel or coal but not a token like the tier 10s. Which seemed kinda cheap to me. I have Hannover and Satsuma basically for no particular reason. Played Hannover a couple times in Asym but my GK or Schlieffen does just as well or better so, no point. I also have Annapolis. My "Superships" pretty much only visit training rooms.

Won't be buying anymore of them. They're a credit sink (which I already knew) and really not that much fun to play. But as mentioned above, they do make great targets! lol 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, xamdam said:

Won't be buying anymore of them. They're a credit sink (which I already knew) and really not that much fun to play.

Indeed.

I got USS United States...and for the first time playing CV I was BORED.

Not much skill involved when you don't have to worry about losing planes.

I sold it back and repurchased Midway...much more fun.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, xamdam said:

And if I'm not mistaken, the snowflake was steel or coal but not a token like the tier 10s. Which seemed kinda cheap to me.

It's 200 steel per supership (plus clan bonus).

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

It's 200 steel per supership (plus clan bonus).

Yeah, that's fine if you want / need steel I guess. I had hoped they'd be tokens like the tier 10s to round out an even 5 for a Mega crate. Foolish me.

Speaking of Mega crates, the two I've gotten "post progress" have been blue boosters. FXP and ship XP. I have all lines finished... lol

I guess I'll save them for a few months after the next line comes out of "early access".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have most superships but dont play them enough to give more than cursory advice.

Devastation is Conq without any armour and a spread that can hit more than 2 ships at max range....but they'll all catch fire as you are almost guaranteed a fire every salvo. Its AP will absolutely crush any ship broadside to you under 10km but you better sink it because you'll get crushed if you dont.

Of all the super CV's, Eagle is probably the best due to its ability to kill the other CV and not take all match to do it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

I tend to go for Satsuma, but Patrie and / or Devastation could also be strong alternatives. Currently not interested in Uchakov or Hannover. 

Satsuma if you want serious play, Hanover if you want to have a lunch while playing and Devastation if you want to farm salt in chat

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some stats on them, btw

All

image.thumb.png.cd4ef300c1de63928ffc6c38d2c31f64.png

Top 50% :

image.thumb.png.eb4d10378c395a999b8ae6c44300732c.png

Top 5%

image.thumb.png.ff15879994206b1b32812463859f9c47.png

While Ushakov and Devastation have a fraction of the matches of the older super BB, it would seem that Satsuma just isn't doing particularly well along with Hannover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

While Ushakov and Devastation have a fraction of the matches of the older super BB, it would seem that Satsuma just isn't doing particularly well along with Hannover.

Interesting and Patrie is doing quite well with more battles under her belt than Ushakov and Devastation. Ushakov surprises me with her good overall results, and that Satsuma is not doing so well.

Edited by OT2_2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, xamdam said:

Speaking of Mega crates, the two I've gotten "post progress" have been blue boosters. FXP and ship XP. I have all lines finished... lol

I guess I'll save them for a few months after the next line comes out of "early access".

After the Champagne event and now with the one for Kitakami, it seems likely that WG will keep offering things for Research Bureau points, so it might be a good idea to at least do the 2x regrind every 3 months, just in case.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Devastation..move in close, deal massive damage, take hits, kite away, use super heal, wash rinse repeat. Hannover on the other hand is just a fat useless massive target for the enemy to keep on fire for the entire game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.