Forum Help

Whenever I move to a new page when reading a thread it takes me to the bottom of the next page rather than the top.  This makes me have to scroll all the way to the top to keep reading the posts in order.  Is there a setting that I have to change to fix this issue since I cannot find one? 
Thanks.

• Like 1

@Merc85  FYI...

First, you need to click on your profile picture or use the pull-down menu (located at the top right of the page)

If you click on your profile picture, you should see "Account Setting" > click on it.

ProfileSettings.png.06c9ca18ccba531cf88138f14c52f53a.png 

If you use the pull-down menu (triangle to the right of your name), scroll down and select "Account Settings."  You should then see the below options.  Select "Content View Behavior".

ProfileContentSetting.png.d7ec1220914aae9c1b76e1c56da5a9ab.png

This should take you to the "Content View Behavior>When opening content..." screen.

Here, you can choose 3 different options.

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

This should resolve your issues.  If you are still having an issue regarding your discussion preference, just let us know.

Profile Content Setting 2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

@Merc85  FYI...

First, you need to click on your profile picture or use the pull-down menu (located at the top right of the page)

If you click on your profile picture, you should see "Account Setting" > click on it.

ProfileSettings.png.06c9ca18ccba531cf88138f14c52f53a.png 

If you use the pull-down menu (triangle to the right of your name), scroll down and select "Account Settings."  You should then see the below options.  Select "Content View Behavior".

ProfileContentSetting.png.d7ec1220914aae9c1b76e1c56da5a9ab.png

This should take you to the "Content View Behavior>When opening content..." screen.

Here, you can choose 3 different options.

• Take me to comments I haven't read
  • Take me to the beginning
  • Take me to the latest comment

This should resolve your issues.  If you are still having an issue regarding your discussion preference, just let us know.

Profile Content Setting 2.png

Thanks for the info but actually that is exactly how I have my settings (see screenshot). 

2024-01-05 10_06_34-Settings - DevStrike! - a WoWs Community Forum — Mozilla Firefox.png

Maybe I will try each of the other settings to see if anything changes. 

Again, I appreciate you help since having to scroll all the way to the top of each new page is a pain in the neck....

@HogHammer
Hog,

I've now tried each of those three settings and all of them take me to the bottom of the page as I move to the next page of any thread.  Oh well it's not the worst technical "problem" to have just more of an annoyance. 
Thanks again.

23 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I've now tried each of those three settings and all of them take me to the bottom of the page as I move to the next page of any thread. 

Do you have your computer set up to reject cookies? For a web site's settings to stay in effect from session to session it has to store a cookie on your system.

Edited by Snargfargle

I have a feeling the cookies remember which posts you've seen, and tends to take you to the first unread post.

49 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Do you have your computer set up to reject cookies? For a web site's settings to stay in effect from session to session it has to store a cookie on your system.

I don't think I have the cookies turned off since it uses them for all the other sites.  Plus the issue isn't that it won't go to the first unread post in the thread, it's that when I move from the last post on the bottom to the next page it goes to the last post on the next page and not the first post.

14 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

when I move from the last post on the bottom to the next page it goes to the last post on the next page and not the first post.

When I hit "next" or the next higher page number when at the bottom of a thread page I always get transported to the top of the post list on the next page. Try clearing your browser cache.

1 hour ago, Merc85 said:

I don't think I have the cookies turned off since it uses them for all the other sites.  Plus the issue isn't that it won't go to the first unread post in the thread, it's that when I move from the last post on the bottom to the next page it goes to the last post on the next page and not the first post.

You got me!  I am stumped, especially if you have settings like mine - take me to comments I have not read.

I'll do a little more digging around.  There has to be a solution...

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

When I hit "next" or the next higher page number when at the bottom of a thread page I always get transported to the top of the post list on the next page. Try clearing your browser cache.

Will do.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Cleared the cache and still the same.

Also, if I hit Previous to move back a page on a thread it also goes to the bottom of the previous page.  So it's whenever I leave the current page I always end up on the bottom of either the previous or next page.  So weird.

2 hours ago, Merc85 said:

Cleared the cache and still the same.

Also, if I hit Previous to move back a page on a thread it also goes to the bottom of the previous page.  So it's whenever I leave the current page I always end up on the bottom of either the previous or next page.  So weird.

OK, now it's glitching for me too. I changed the behavior to "take me to the beginning" and it did as asked for a few moves but then started to take me to the end, as you describe.

Edit: I went back into settings and changed to another behavior mode and then rechecked and saved "take me to the beginning" and now it's taking me to the beginning every time.

Edit again: It seems that the thread title list's behavior works for me but it's the sub-thread or individual post title list that's glitchy.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

OK, now it's glitching for me too. I changed the behavior to "take me to the beginning" and it did as asked for a few moves but then started to take me to the end, as you describe.

Edit: I went back into settings and changed to another behavior mode and then rechecked and saved "take me to the beginning" and now it's taking me to the beginning every time.

Edit again: It seems that the thread title list's behavior works for me but it's the sub-thread or individual post title list that's glitchy.

I tried your suggestion of changing and then going back and it fixed the issue, at least for now.  Thank you!!!!

• Like 1