After destroying the youtube rewards (500doubloons per month) for missions (community point) that have changed it again, to supercontainers.

Subtle_Octavian

$0.99 once got you 500 doubloons

Then it got you frigging missions to get useless community points

Now it's being changed to a single supercontainer for $0.99

It feels like they noticed people won't buy into trash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Wow they really are hurting for cash after the loss of the Russian/CIS server which took away a big chunk of their revenue. 

• Like 1

I also joined as the admiral package , But I don't see many benefits in game.

15 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Wow they really are hurting for cash after the loss of the Russian/CIS server which took away a big chunk of their revenue. 

It's hard to say how much of a hit to direct revenue that was.... it was probably a much bigger hit to the expense of having to stand up a new operation in Belgrade that still doesn't have the same capability the that St. Pete studio had.

I would get the revenue hit is coming mainly from the drop in players from EU and NA.  Not only that, the players that are still playing are playing less.  This trend has numbers to back it up.

Now for the inference part... If you have players that are playing less than they use to, wouldn't you expect them to be spending less money on the game? 

Also, if there are less players, wouldn't you expect that the word of mouth marketing getting new players in the game would be less than before?

BTW - a supercontainer for a buck is a joke.  First of all, not even sure it's worth that.... second of all, it's such a low value transaction, the time it takes for me to sign up of youtube isn't worth it.

Edited by YouSatInGum
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

If they noticed they would give the 500 doubloons for a dollar back.

I wouldn't pay a dollar for these nerfed supercontainers. I've gotten so many crappy supers since the nerf, I barely get excited by them anymore. 

Yup, I stopped the YT subscription when they changed everything… still don’t see a benefit in game.

I used to enjoy that little bump in resources when the new month hit.

oh well…