based on your experience which update bring biggest changes to WoW?

VedranSeawolf359

Hey Mates based on your experience which update bring biggest changes to WoW? I think that it is first update after Christmas.

57 minutes ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

Hey Mates based on your experience which update bring biggest changes to WoW? I think that it is first update after Christmas.

Historicaly or as in general rule? If the latter its prob the first in the new year or as you put it - first after the christmas one, and if you mean ever the one with the CV rework and yes IIRC that was also the one after the christmas one...

• Like 1

They always do crazy things after locking people into a new year of wows premium.

The changes to cv and subs are going to be as disruptive as carrier rework, if not more.

Edited by Subtle_Octavian
  • Haha 1

The CV rework where WG removed RTS CVs & with all the changes that entailed, imo, brought the biggest changes to WoWS.

• Like 2

I would argue for the introduction of subs. Completely changed the meta, the game itself, how people play, if even play and almost overnight. During the long testing period, Wedgie was constantly warned about the ever increasingly greater issues, largely to no avail. Even today, unless "forced", people will avoid modes with subs.

But the biggest failure was and is undoubtedly the Cv rework. 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I would argue for the introduction of subs. Completely changed the meta, the game itself, how people play, if even play and almost overnight. During the long testing period, Wedgie was constantly warned about the ever increasingly greater issues, largely to no avail. Even today, unless "forced", people will avoid modes with subs.

Yeah. My old clan basically died when underwater scum was introduced. 

• Like 1

I was bored with the game and just about to quit playing when the CV rework happened. I never did like the RTS CV game-play but I did like the new style, and still do. While I've not played subs much, I did like the underwater views that I saw in the Halloween event that had them. I really like the underwater views in the game.  I've been learning subs in PVE and a few days ago I was playing my first Random match in them when I saw some dolphins, which was pretty neat. As to their contribution to or subtraction from the game, I think that subs increase the diversity of experience and thus fall more on the contribution side.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yep. CV rework drove my interest underwater. Err, I mean to the bottom... Getting dumped on by a Japanese CC playing a Hakuryu 4 mins after spawn in my T8 Monarch, with no tools to do anything about it pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for me and PVP. Now with subs there, nope. Never going back. Granted, they've been messed with (CVs) a lot since then but the whole mismatch between surface ships, plane spotting and now popup shotguns just does not sound like my idea of fun. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, xamdam said:

Yep. CV rework drove my interest underwater. Err, I mean to the bottom... Getting dumped on by a Japanese CC playing a Hakuryu 4 mins after spawn in my T8 Monarch, with no tools to do anything about it pretty much put the final nail in the coffin for me and PVP. Now with subs there, nope. Never going back. Granted, they've been messed with (CVs) a lot since then but the whole mismatch between surface ships, plane spotting and now popup shotguns just does not sound like my idea of fun. 

I agree, the CV rework was undoubtably the biggest change to the game. IMHO, not for the best either.  The one thing good about it I will say is that Wargaming did the players a solid by compensating with doubloons and FXP for all the carriers in your port, and refunding the full price of all premium CVs. It is one reason I never made a huge stink about the change even though I loved playing the RTS CVs.  We lost quite a few players after that and still have not recovered. It definitely marked the end of the "good times" for WoWS.  

EDIT:  The other big changes to the game was ending Mac support and of course, the addition of subs. The Mac players were a small group but they were psyched about the game. Most left, some of us like me, bought a PC. Course that opened me up to loads of games and my play time on Ships is minuscule compared to other titles I play. It also turned me into a FTP player. Before that, I was spending around $1000 a year on the game. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, xamdam said:

This ^^^^ is what I would have said as well....

26 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

Subs... worst.ever. 

Subs simply destroyed COOP as we knew it.  The removal of Team Damage is one of the worst decisions our host has made.  Subs have driven several ex-players into lobbying for videogame laws actively.

break

The Skill Tree change and the Cruiser Line Split were the other "massive failure" experienced.  What once was a great game concept is now a kiddie shooter with more gimmicks than substance. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Subs have driven several ex-players into lobbying for videogame laws actively.

How in God's name is that supposed to help?

What do you think video game developers will do when faced with the possibility of GOVERNMENT SANCTION because some players don't like changes being made to the game? They'll choose to go out of business rather than take that risk, that's what!

1 hour ago, Asym said:

Subs simply destroyed COOP as we knew it. 

Sub in coop = food to destroy. Any and all weapons will be used, and whether it's depth-charging with battleships or gunfire from destroyers, I won't be constrained by historical considerations. 

My cultural attitude is ENGAGE THE ENEMY MORE CLOSELY. As for yours, whatever happened to "I HAVE NOT YET BEGUN TO FIGHT"?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

How in God's name is that supposed to help?

What do you think video game developers will do when faced with the possibility of GOVERNMENT SANCTION because some players don't like changes being made to the game? They'll choose to go out of business rather than take that risk, that's what!

I really can't say what I want to- to respond to ^^^^.    I spent a lifetime in "change" and in all of my work, things I created, tend to be "disruptive" because I seem to always challenge "what is" and have for decades....    I really would love to respond in depth......but, I simply can not.

All I can say is that, what is coming is what Toffler called a "Wave".........  I can give you a small hint though:  they said taxing sales on Internet sales sites couldn't be done.... Really?  Seems we are way beyond that, eh?!   It's like a really good book I love used as a code phrase:  "alas, alas Babylon"  Toffler waves are Biblical events.....

Help?  Change is not easy and sometimes, it's a:   Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Viorst, 1972) - which, as History has shown:   is inevitable...

7 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I was bored with the game and just about to quit playing when the CV rework happened. I never did like the RTS CV game-play but I did like the new style, and still do. While I've not played subs much, I did like the underwater views that I saw in the Halloween event that had them. I really like the underwater views in the game.  I've been learning subs in PVE and a few days ago I was playing my first Random match in them when I saw some dolphins, which was pretty neat. As to their contribution to or subtraction from the game, I think that subs increase the diversity of experience and thus fall more on the contribution side.

Snargfargle I find myself agreeing with you.  This is a very articulate statement.

I used to own every CV in the game including all the premiums and sold them in a temper tantrum when they did the CV re-work. Since then, I've come around and take one out now and then and I'm rebuilding my fleet.

Same for subs. At first I despised how they affected the game. I still despise the homing torps and the stupid speeds they gave subs. However, as you point out, the underwater world is amazing and if they get rid of those two elements I'd play them. 

I think I own some subs I acquired by crates or awards but that's it. Never bought one. I might have one or two battles in them.

I always tease my clan members when they take them out.

But I am coming around, and I do think both classes, in the long run, enhance the depth of the game.

• Like 1