I think I was on the worst team in WOWS!

Snargfargle

At the first of the match, I went into a cap, capped it, saw another Gearing, got off a few shots at it... and then the match was over!

tthuya.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

49 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

At the first of the match, I went into a cap, capped it, saw another Gearing, got off a few shots at it... and then the match was over!

tthuya.jpg

How long did the match last?  I am assuming this is a Random Match???

18 minutes ago, Asym said:

How long did the match last?  I am assuming this is a Random Match???

As long as it takes to get to a cap and cap it and, yes, Random. Must be a lot of casual players out today. Oh well, I just downloaded a new environmental science textbook and I think I'll read it this week. I used to teach a course in it but it's been a while so I probably need to catch up.

I drove to the next town to fill up the truck and go to the store this morning. I'm planning to hunker down for the week because we are forecast for eight inches of snow, starting tomorrow. I got my electric snowblower out of the shop and am eagerly anticipating a snow blowing session.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

tthuya.jpg

This type of steamroll is the norm now. If you have match maker monitor all you see on both teams for the most part now are yellow and red stats players. It once was whose better players played best. Now it is whose bad players will make the first mistake and start the steamroll. 

Edited by SeaQuest
  • Like 1

I've noticed that steamrolls bring out the worst in players, and not only from the losing team. However, with close games it's usually complements all around on a game well played.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I've noticed that steamrolls bring out the worst in players, and not only from the losing team. However, with close games it's usually complements all around on a game well played.

They sure can bring out the salt. There are times they can get me shaking my head at what some teams are thinking. I agree, complements come much easier on close games. Close games where both teams have decent players are the best. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

They sure can bring out the salt. There are times they can get me shaking my head at what some teams are thinking. I agree, complements come much easier on close games. Close games where both teams have decent players are the best. 

It's sort of that way in real life too. If someone really messes up on the job because he can't be bothered to learn to perform it correctly, it's his own fault if he's called an idiot. However, if a normally competent worker makes a mistake then it's usually "Hey, man, we've all been there."

I once accidentally drove a tractor into an irrigation well riser and caused all sorts of havoc for the farm. However, the farmer just told me that he'd done the same thing last year and if he was going to let the weeds grow up and cover it then he really should put up a sign.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:24 AM, Snargfargle said:

.. and then the match was over!

Wait a sec there, Snarglefarle, tho I don't have the replay anymore, I'm sure I've seen the worst team in WoWS. We can all claim this dubious honour, I'm sure. 😁

2 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Wait a sec there, Snarglefarle, tho I don't have the replay anymore, I'm sure I've seen the worst team in WoWS. We can all claim this dubious honour, I'm sure. 😁

On YouTube is a video of a match that only lasted three minutes, twenty seconds! That's got to be one of the shortest ones I've seen. I think Jingles once posted a video where his team lost all of its players and the enemy not a single one in a Random game too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

On YouTube is a video of a match that only lasted three minutes, twenty seconds! That's got to be one of the shortest ones I've seen. I think Jingles once posted a video where his team lost all of its players and the enemy not a single one in a Random game too.

4 min is about the shortest I've seen.

Everytime I've seen sub 7 minute games it's because one side has a bunch of inexperienced (or hopeless) sub 46% players facing a team that has at least a team average of 4% higher team average WR (but often more than that).

When there is that much disparity in skill, it's hardly surprising what happens. 

Games like this aren't even all that enjoyable for the winning side either...

Considering that, it makes it hard to understand why WG is so resistant to at least testing a matchmaker that at least tries to prevent the most unbalanced matches.

It's very doable in a way that doesn't add any noticeable time to queue drops.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

Games like this aren't even all that enjoyable for the winning side either...

^^^THIS^^^ is so true.

I'd rather have a close loss where both teams really duke it out and it goes down to a couple of remaining ships than a complete "curb stomp".

• Like 4