I'm calling not a Bot!

Snargfargle

At the beginning of the match, a DD started reversing. Then, it ran circles around my BB for a while before heading directly at the enemy to get itself sunk. I don't even think that this was a bot. You have to actually work at being bad to get stats this low. This is unicum-level in reverse.

tGZUwk.jpg

Edit: It just occurred to me that this might be a stream sniper shill account as it has thousands of battles played.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

At the beginning of the match, a DD started reversing. Then, it ran circles around my BB for a while before heading directly at the enemy to get itself sunk. I don't even think that this was a bot. You have to actually work at being bad to get stats this low. This is unicum-level in reverse.

tGZUwk.jpg

Edit: It just occurred to me that this might be a stream sniper shill account as it has thousands of battles played.

Ok, the simple answer is "no one really cares..."  The more complicated answer is that a lot of players are kids.....whom, don't care.  Compounded by older players that have been in the game for years and years whose "expectations" are not the model for demographics the game has condensed into....

Maybe, this ^^^^ is the new normal >>?  Just a thought........we are a mature game with a hard left skewed distribution that has all sorts of MM and Skill issues....

I hope for the best;  BUT, History is a harsh mistress that snarls.........."abandon all Joy" you Hoofty and accept that what was, is no more....

I have yet to encounter a botter whose algorithm didn't simple activate a consumable (hydro or smoke) and then sail straight ahead never deviating at all, never firing it's guns or torps, only ever using secondaries to do damage. They either die or sail to the opposite map border, except in instances when an island blocks their progress.

That DD player doing all that circling around you etc is 100% proof it's a human with that unfortunate 1 D 10 T condition.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

What exactly does this even mean? 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

What exactly does this even mean? 

Someone will open up two clients using different computers or a virtual sandbox on the same computer, or get a clan mate on a "throwaway" account to do so and then try to do a sync drop to get the shill account placed on the other team. If this is successful then you have a spy on the other team. Another way of spying on the other team is to find someone on the other team who is streaming the game and then watch their stream. Either way, you have increased map awareness.

The cheating capabilities in this game are limited. However, back a few years ago when most online games were peer-to-peer networks it was amazing what people did to cheat. Age of Empires III was rife with cheaters and there were dozens of different ways they cheated in the game. One of the most blatant was to use shill accounts. In this game, players hosted their own matches. A clan would host a match and then put one or two members of the clan in the battle on the other team to throw the game. This is why most of the more knowledgeable players would only play games with accounts they knew. Sometimes you would have to wait hours to get a match going. 

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

tGZUwk.jpg

Sadly, more and more of the player base in high tier has those type of stats. High tier is a mess right now. Worst it has ever been.

Edited by SeaQuest
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2024 at 8:55 AM, Snargfargle said:

It just occurred to me that this might be a stream sniper shill account as it has thousands of battles played.

... perhaps.... I suspect it's someone intentionally throwing a battle out of spite if that account has that many battles

On 1/3/2024 at 10:19 AM, Asym said:

The more complicated answer is that a lot of players are kids.....whom, don't care. 

I can see this - the player simply doesn't care.

On 1/3/2024 at 7:30 PM, SeaQuest said:

Sadly, more and more of the player base in high tier has those type of stats.

The writing on the wall has been clear for some years now. Offer an, initially, excellent game & over time bend, fold & mutilate it into an uglified image of what it began as all the while extracting as much money as possible from the changing player base as long as they can. They did this in WoT & they are now doing the same, imo, to WoWS.

• Like 2